Animal Got There First

Has anyone ever gotten to a cache, only to find it ripped apart and spread all over the place? it happened to me last week. We were able to find evry thing but the log, which appeared to have been partially digested. I LIVE IN COLORADO! I think that bears and mountain lions and woodchucks and such may be better suited for geocaching than we are. Agree? Disagree?

We occasionally have that problem up here in Alaska. I've seen rubbermaids completely destroyed by bears chewing on them. Recently I replaced a rubbermaid that had been chewed all around the lid by some kind of small critter. I'm using brand new containers that have never had food in them, I think they are attracted to the plastic. Unfortunately cachers sometimes forget and will leave items in the cache that attract animals (food, candy, flavored lip balm etc...)

I had a cache attacked by a bear and totally destroyed...it was a heavy duty rubber-maid , no food in the cache. We have black bears in our forest , and , they have now become cachers. Im not sure if the bears are basic or premium members . To see a picture of the cache post bear , click on to jerry bonnie and amy in Arkansas .

We were doing a multi about a week ago in Maryland and part 2 was 2 wooden eggs with the next co-ords and they had teeth marks all over them. We ran into the cache owner doing maintenance and she said stage 2 used to be a little plastic birds nest with 2 plastic eggs, but something ripped it all to shreds so she replaced it with the 2 wooden eggs. Now I notice the cache is down for repairs. I think she is going to rehide stage 2 somewhere else. In our area of Maryland, I'm sure the animal she ticked off was nothing more than a squirrel.

:rolleyes: But if you tick off a squirrel bad enough he may start throwing his nuts at you. <_<