Best Software To Download Waypoints Into 60cs?

Hi,

I am an extreme newbie :unsure: and am anxious to get out looking for caches. I just purchased a Garmin GPSMap 60CS and am wondering what is the best software to use to download the waypoints off the geocaching website to my Garmin? I didn't get any of the mapsource CD's yet so I guess I am just working off the base map...is that sufficient at this point?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am an extreme newbie :unsure: and am anxious to get out looking for caches. I just purchased a Garmin GPSMap 60CS and am wondering what is the best software to use to download the waypoints off the geocaching website to my Garmin? I didn't get any of the mapsource CD's yet so I guess I am just working off the base map...is that sufficient at this point?

Thanks!

That'll work or try GSAK like a bunch of the geocaching world has done. Here is the current threat:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ic=96643&st=450

Well I will be on this same adventure as you, I just purchased a GPS60 and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive.

It is my intention to use "Easy GPS" It has been good for me with my SPIII and GPSIII (which will be retiring soon).

Otherwise I was reading in the description of what comes with the unit, supposedly the CD that ships withthe unit is designed for sending and retrieving points from the unit.

Anyway back to "Easy GPS" its a free download from www.easygps.com you can download all your caches in the .loc file format, open the file with "Easy GPS" and do any editing you migh want t do, (small notes, change name)etc.. Then just send all the points to your unit.

After I get mine I will let you know how well it works for me.

DJ

Edited by TruckRDJ