Admin Problems

Charles Iverson

i am not concerned about having a big find count to place a first cache

i meen i placed one before i even found a cache

and it was more of a learning thing then anything

it started me out thinking on how to go out and find my first cache

and what i might find ( from what i am going on is that my first cache is on a beach in sand that some times blows over it and its hard to tell that there is a cache there) so it makes me more aware of what might lay ahead and other cachers with more finds give insite on the cache in turn makeing the me a better cacher and a better hidder

I'm kinda confused by this statement. You say that you placed your first cache before finding one, and that it was a learning experience. And then it made you want to go out and actually find caches, to learn from your mistakes? And that the cachers that went to your first cache (which you say had problems), could tell you what you did wrong?

Wouldn't it have been a better learning experience for everyone (including the poor cachers who had to find a poorly placed cache to help you learn), if you had just gone out and found a few caches first, and then you could have placed your first cache appropriately right from the outset? ;)

And also, I'm wondering why you bumped this thread after it had not been posted to in only 16 minutes. Hasn't your original post been answered? Do you want more out of this thread than you already got? Maybe if this is the case, you should open a new thread with your new subject. :lol:

I'm kinda confused by this statement.  You say that you placed your first cache before finding one, and that it was a learning experience.  And then it made you want to go out and actually find caches, to learn from your mistakes?  And that the cachers that went to your first cache (which you say had problems), could tell you what you did wrong?

Wouldn't it have been a better learning experience for everyone (including the poor cachers who had to find a poorly placed cache to help you learn), if you had just gone out and found a few caches first, and then you could have placed your first cache appropriately right from the outset?  ;)

placeing my cache opened my eyes too all of the things and places a cache can be out here and what can happen to them on the coast in the sand so when i did go out and hunt i found them with out much work I also take a dry note pad and a few zip locks just in case i find something that has gotten wet out here with all of the changing weather we have..

And i never said that i had problems with my cache i meen it has been found everytime but once since it was down to put a tb a repair it since i have placed it.

Other cachers yes have gone to my cache and have emailed me tips on how the cache is doing on the beach and ect and some problems that were going on with it

such as

There was alot of sand covering the cache when i got there

a month or so ago i got a email from a cacher stating that the cache was under about 2 feet of sand that had blown up from the beach

and they gave me a a good idea that he had tryed on one of his caches

its allways good when fellow cachers give ideas on how to make it so your cache will stay were it was placed and not going MIA as the last cache that was there before i took it over...

and the first storm we had got the first Container got wet so it had water inside it so i learned that maybe a Plastic Container might not have been the best on the beach i have since upgraded to a ammo can

and before i even placed the cache i was thinking about what might happen and getting lots of coordinates so to make sure the cache was placed were i said it was

so as i say again its a learning experience for me

i meen yes there are ups and downs of owning a cache but we are learning we all learn i have seen/heard some first time caches get trashed and the owners have made there new caches better and camoed and better hidden like i have for my other caches i have and will be placing

and this is a game and we have to remember that we all have diff ways to play it

i picked the path of placing a cache the right way the first time after reading countless logs and then watching the cache to see

and learn what happens to it

so i can in-turn give insite to others that are not sure about placing caches on the beach

Wouldn't it have been a better learning experience for everyone (including the poor cachers who had to find a poorly placed cache to help you learn), if you had just gone out and found a few caches first, and then you could have placed your first cache appropriately right from the outset?  :lol:

Well the cache was not placed poorly (define your Meaning of poorly ;)). Do you really think a reviewer will Approve a cache like that? Um no i don't think so.

And as for the (poor cachers) As you called them, Who had to find it learned that a cache is not always were you think it is, And that yes dnf's do happen.

I meen its on a beach in sand with muggles sometimes close by any thing can happen to it and if something does i learn from it and move on and place another one in its place if need be its no big deal!!

as i said in past posts on here

i think some of us have lost the fact that this is only a game!!!
and jeremy's reply from this post

Indeed.

I see how your situation brought up in the topic of this thread was straightened out.

I will not allow a thread simply for the purpose of complaining about site volunteers to remain open. There are appropriate channels for complaint issues, and this isn't one of them.