Member Drive

I have a new cache in planning - actually 4 of them.  3 will be regular 20mm Ammo boxes with nice swags and with clues/coords for a 4th 50mm ammo box with nicer swags.  I will list that one as a MOC. 

Why?

Because that how I choose to play the game in this case.  I don't think I need any other reason.

Ummmm...I'm confused. If 3 will be regular caches with clues/coordinates to the 4th, why would the 4th be MO? You're going to give us lowly non-PMs the clues/coordinates to a cache, and when we find it we can't log it online? That seems like a bit of a slap in the face, no? :lol:

Edited by 4x4van
I have a couple MOCs that are that way solely for the tracking capability. It's nice to know who is looking at the cache page some times. One is in my front yard. :grin:

--Marky

The log is kept for all caches, not just MOCs, but you can only look at it if the MOC attribute is set. So the cache doesn't have to be an MOC all the time; you can just make it an MOC for a minute or two when you want to check to log, and then turn it back to a regular cache.

I have a new cache in planning - actually 4 of them.  3 will be regular 20mm Ammo boxes with nice swags and with clues/coords for a 4th 50mm ammo box with nicer swags.  I will list that one as a MOC. 

Why?

Because that how I choose to play the game in this case.  I don't think I need any other reason.

Ummmm...I'm confused. If 3 will be regular caches with clues/coordinates to the 4th, why would the 4th be MO? You're going to give us lowly non-PMs the clues/coordinates to a cache, and when we find it we can't log it online? That seems like a bit of a slap in the face, no? ;)

It's very simple to do. Each cache has something which fits into the "key" which is displayed on the MOC cache page. It can be done in such a way that the finders of the first 3 ammo cans will never know there is a 4th unless they have read the MOC page.

There are two island caches located near my home but my "lowly" non-boat owning person can't reach them. But I guess I could buy a cheap $1000 boat and look for them.

There are some remote mountain top ORV/ATV caches located in my area but my "lowly" non-ORV/ATV car won't reach them. But I guess I could buy a cheap $2000 ATV and look for them.

There are some nice Fee area caches located in this area but sometimes this "lowly" non-cash person can't pay entry/parking fees to find them. I guess I could buy a cheap $125 annual pass to California's State Parks and look for them.

What's funny about this is that I didn't feel my face get slapped from the listings of any of those types of hides which would cost me far more than going after MOCs.

My choice in this sport is to find and to place MOCs.

It's very simple to do.  Each cache has something which fits into the "key" which is displayed on the MOC cache page.  It can be done in such a way that the finders of the first 3 ammo cans will never know there is a 4th unless they have read the MOC page.

I see. That makes more sense, I guess. The way it was originally worded sounded like finders of the first 3 would have the clues/coordinates needed to find the 4th/MOC. In that case, it would be a slap in the face. But since they still need to have access to the MOC page to even know the 4th exists and to complete the info needed to find it (the "key", so to speak), then it's not quite so "blatant". ;)

As for remote mountaintop or island caches, there are other ways of accessing them than buying a ORV/ATV or Boat. Ironman hiking or swimming comes to mind. But I digress...Arguing about MOCs is kinda like trying to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig! And I'm still not sure if I'm the teacher or the pig!!! :(

Edited by 4x4van