Bcga Agm - New Directors

dogbreathcanada

Thanks for an interesting and challenging year as President of the BCGA.

It’s my great pleasure to announce the new Executive for your association.

Brandon Bell (Wet Coast Explorers) – President

Duane Morellli (Doc Magoo) – Secretary

Ken Chater (Chillibusher) – Treasurer

Laurie Freeman (Half Canadian) – Director

Ted Ramson – (Fireted) Director.

The new team immediately got down to work and a vote was taken among members at the meeting to remove the BCGA forums, and direct the discussion to the Geocaching.com Canada Forums. The old forums will be made read-only immediately.

A motion was also passed to modify the membership dues to $1/month, with a payment schedule based on what month you join. All future memberships will expire on December 31st. More details will be posted by the new executive.

-- CanadianBacon --

Shutting down the forums was a good step to take. Too many rabble rousers in our province who love to moan and complain about the BCGA, but when it comes time to step up to the plate and take a leadership role are oddly quiet. Just too many damned cowards in this province (and they know who they are.) It's a shame it had to come down to shutting the forums, but if it moves the BCGA in a postive direction then I'm all for it.

It's a shame how the past directors were treated by a very small VOCAL minority. Hopefully they'll be able to get in on the Parks Canada dialogues and start doing some good stuff for the province's many geocachers without being harangued by that vocal minority at each and every step.

To the new directors ... each and every one of you have my utmost respect. Considering what previous directors went through, it takes a lot of guts to sign on to the directorship.

(And a word of advice ... avoid you-know-who's website. You don't have to answer to him or his cronies. Keep to gc.com and the BCGA website, that's all you need do. Good luck to all of you!)

http://www.bcgeocaching.com/

Now ... where do I start paying? Does the BCGA accept PayPal? I have some eBay dollars sitting around doing nothing.

Edited by dogbreathcanada

Based on secret inside information, we've uncovered the secret hidden agendas of the BCGA directorate:

Brandon Bell (Wet Coast Explorers) – President

Wants to see more pony and kitten themed caches.

Duane Morellli (Doc Magoo) – Secretary

Likes caching and wants to see more of it.

Ken Chater (Chillibusher) – Treasurer

Thinks Cream of Wheat tastes better than oatmeal. Intends to use the BCGA to promote this knowledge.

Laurie Freeman (Half Canadian) – Director

Wants to lobby for the annexation of Point Roberts into Canada.

Ted Ramson – (Fireted) Director

Thinks there's just not enough people in Surrey wearing trackpants.

:unsure:

:ph34r: