Lake Ballinger Mini-cache Machine

Puppers

Great fun. Nice to see many of the gang again, meet some new folks (esp. Ms. Wienerdog, finally), and sign the Wacko's "Right Wing"!

Big thanks to Puppers, for organizing a most fine (albeit a tad soggy) E-V-E-N-T. Too bad I uh... can't get an extra smiley for the errr... "gathering of geocachers" (totally JUST KIDDING!) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Hey, what did you do this weekend?"

"Uh, well, I went out to a lake, miles from my house, to meet complete strangers in the pouring rain, and we took canoes out to a little island where we hunted for boxes with little trinkets, using GPS units."

"um. OK." :laughing:

"It was the BEST! I had a really great time!!!!!!" :laughing:

"Yeah.... sure....."

:laughing:

A little bit of rain, boat rowing/paddling, almost falling in the lake and crawling through blackberry bushes can't stop an intrepid band of geocachers!!! :laughing::laughing:

I had a GREAT time and it was so nice to put faces to so many names...MasterPuzzler, the Puppers, the Weinerdog and her Mom, two of Team Wrastro, and RamblinGirl...WOW.

Thanks again to the Puppers for putting this together and for supplying all the great snacks!!!

Edited by Allanon

Thanks Puppers for organizing this un-official but real event. :laughing: The event was the ability to meet and place names to faces and meet new friends. It didn't matter to me that it wasn't logable. :laughing: It was great fun. :antenna: Not sure when I've had so much fun out canoeing in the rain and wind, 'cept maybe that time 20 years ago going down the Snoqualmie River, but that's another story. :antenna: Thanks Ramblin Girl for sharing the canoe. Thanks Marcus for lending us your canoe - hope you got home in time. Thanks Analog Dog for the hints on the Island. Thanks RWW & Allanon for making the search on the Island fun. So many people to say hi to and it's too late in the evening to continue [yawn]. To wrap this wandering missive up, Mange Tak! :laughing:

Thanks for the fun event! Yah yah, I know, not technically an 'event'. But lots of cacher friends, a fun time, some caching before, during, and after makes for an event in my mind! :laughing: My pal Cathy, canoeing virgin, allowed me to steer us out to the island (along with a demonstration of how much we could rock the canoe and not fall in) :laughing: and I I go and almost drop her TB into the lake! :laughing: Almost, tho, luckily! We got our caches, then went over to get a nice dnf with a friendly muggle in the heavier rain. Had fun chatting with everyone- met some new faces and left for more (of course) caching! Thanks for getting us all there, Puppers! :antenna:

It was pretty darn fun. But I did get pretty cold, even in that zoot suit I was wearing, as the north wind got in a chilled the water in my clothes down. It took me several hours at home to get warm.

Sorry I did not have oars for the boat. I lost them on I-5 heading off on a fishing trip last year. Always tie the oars down. Now I know. But I don't consider it much of a big deal when fishing, but today they would have been quite handy.

It was great to see everyone on the shore. A little frito pie, and a sauna would have been nice. Maybe that's just thoughts for next year. Thanks for all for coming, thanks to Puppers for pulling it all together, and thanks to the Weinerdogs for the treats.

Rob

Had a great time, Poindexter will eventually remember this as being fun. Sorry I couldn't bring the Land Rover so we could bushwack to the caches. :laughing:

Thanks to Puppers for setting this up.

Thanks to Analog Dog for the ferry service even if he didn't have any paddles. :laughing:

Would have liked to stay longer but mommy had me on a time line, and when mommys not happy nobodys happy. :laughing:

We had a great time despite the rain! Thanks everyone for coming.

We ended up with an extra life preserver though - orange "Stearns" and so far we know it doesn't belong to either MasterPuzzler or AnalogDog. Anyone appear to be missing one?

We ended up with an extra life preserver though - orange "Stearns" and so far we know it doesn't belong to either MasterPuzzler or AnalogDog. Anyone appear to be missing one?

It's mine. I didn't realize I had left it until I got home from finding "Serpent's Lair" with grossi and figured it was gone forever. Thanks for picking it up.

I had a great time at the E-V-E-N-T too despite the rain! Thanks for setting it up!

We ended up with an extra life preserver though - orange "Stearns" and so far we know it doesn't belong to either MasterPuzzler or AnalogDog.  Anyone appear to be missing one?

It's mine. I didn't realize I had left it until I got home from finding "Serpent's Lair" with grossi and figured it was gone forever. Thanks for picking it up.

I had a great time at the E-V-E-N-T too despite the rain! Thanks for setting it up!

Glad to hear we've found the owners! K7-wave, I'll email you separately to discuss pick-up options.

The logs for the Other Side of the lake mention that the fisherman thought the property was a bird reserve and off limits.

I checked the Snohomish County Website and the city of Mountlake Terrace owns the island. I checked the city website and the online city park map shows the island as the same color as all the other parks.

Also, thanks Puppers for setting this up, it was fun watching and talking.

Now if I can just get that white jeep out of r's hands...