Nys Park Specific Permits

Ttepee

I thought it might be helpful to have one topic in the Northeast forums where NYS parks permits could be searched and downloaded, since they are park specific. The other thread has gotten pretty long and it get's kind of tough to find the links and forms, so if we can keep the discussion there and forms and links here it might be helpful. The ranger at Fahnestock state park was appreciative of the offer to get the form out there and was happy to give me a clean copy for scanning.

Here is a link to the regional maps and parks within NYS (the link appears to have changed since it was linked in the other thread. )

I'll start off with the permit for

Fahnestock and Hudson Highlands state parks

This should be printed on legal paper, then folded in half and then once again quartered.

If you don't find your park in this thread you can see if the park will accept JMBella's generic copy It's been suggested that parks will accept this generic form also.

Thanks Teepee, I agree that that thread had gotten too cluttered. There is a better generic version of the Permit Application HERE . Note that although the park Supervisor, Bill Bauman(845 225-7207), might prefer to meet the geocache owners in his park face to face, it is possible to mail in the permit application if you cannot make it to the park office during normal business hours.

Edited by jonboy

Thanks Jonboy! I had seen that one but by the time I got through that whole thread looking for pertinent stuff to move over here I'd lost it and forgotten it was there. I called the office around 8:30 and they told me Bill would be there within half an hour so I headed on over and he was there. Very nice guy. I brought along print outs of my cache pages and he accepted the tiny little mapquest map on there as filling the map requirement. Very simple process indeed, filling out the paperwork took the longest but if that was filled out ahead of time it would probably be a 5 minute stop.

Thanks Teepee, I agree that that thread had gotten too cluttered. There is a better generic version of the Permit Application HERE . Note that although the park Supervisor, Bill Bauman(845 225-7207), might prefer to meet the geocache owners in his park face to face, it is possible to mail in the permit application if you cannot make it to the park office during normal business hours.

I did away with my original generic copy and linked to the same one a while ago. Mine sucked. :(

Thanks T!

I'll start off with the permit for

Fahnestock and Hudson Highlands state parks

This should be printed on legal paper, then folded in half and then once again quartered.

If you don't find your park in this thread you can see if the park will accept JMBella's generic copy It's been suggested that parks will accept this generic form also.

I can't use that, it's upside down! :unsure:

Joe,

You are supposed to turn your monitor over to get it correctly...