Garmin Nroute 2.4

What is nRoute and will it work on a GPSMap 60cs?

nRoute is a prorgam that uses your MapSource products like City Select and provides a PC based program to do routing. You hook up your GPS to the PC (notebook), run it and it's like what you have with auto routing on your GPS if it supports that.

From the notes section at http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=575 :

* Brings Garmin's award-winning auto-routing navigation to your laptop, utilizing the larger screen to display a large map and easy-to-read directions.

* Performs turn-by-turn route assistance and previewing, including spoken turn reminders and automatic recalculation when off-route.

* Tracks your location using either north-up orientation or vehicle-direction up.

* Finds places and easily routes to all points of interest and addresses that your MapSource product provides.

* Allows you to customize the places that you want to find and route to quickly using 'Find'; for example, 'Nearest Gas' or 'Nearest Italian Food'.

* Provides driver with information, including upcoming cross-streets, street addresses, speed, bearing, and elevation.

* Provides multiple trip computers that allow you to track distance, time, and speeds for business or personal use.

* Allows importing and exporting of user data to and from MapSource files.

* Works with all MapSource products. Note that BlueChart and MetroGuide 5 or greater will not support some features.

* Designed for use with the GPS 18, but will work with almost any Garmin GPS over serial or USB.

* Available to MapSource owners as a significant improvement and expansion of the real-time tracking capability. Takes advantage of your installed map product's capabilities. For example, you can find an address and it will auto-route on any auto-routing map, like City Select.

I just downloaded it fine (23.8MB) from http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=575

Try a different browser, clearing your cache/Temporary Internet Files or downloading to a different location on your hard drive and see if that helps.

Glad to hear it worked for someone. I might give it another try overnight.

At 24K, it will take hours to download that large a file . . . :blink:

I tried downloading it a while back. I have a 24K connection and can only download a file that large when I'm not also browsing the Internet.

The download kept stopping.

I never succeeded and gave up . . . :blink:

I thought there may have been a problem with my computer but I have a broadband connection and never have problems downloading files from other sites. I should call Garmin and ask them if there is a problem with that file.

What is nRoute and will it work on a GPSMap 60cs?

nRoute is a prorgam that uses your MapSource products like City Select and provides a PC based program to do routing.

Thanks a bunch, I looked right at that page and didn't even see the forrest for the trees. I use Street Atlas sometimes but this looks like it has the navigational stuff instead of just my position on a map. Thanks again.

I had a noisey DSL connection, and I was about 16,000 feet from the Telephone Central Office, so I switched to Cable Internet.

This is what I got for nRouteEnglish_24.exe

Size: 23.8 MB (24,959,529 bytes)

Size of disk: 23.8 MB (24,969,216 bytes)

Downloaded 23.8 MB in 1 min 54 sec

Transfer rate: 213 KB/Sec

Many times my DSL that I had, kept dropping connections during downloading, even my cable was bad until they replaced the cable between my house and the Telephone pole out back of my house, then it is almost perfect now.

1 min 54 sec. I'm so jealous . . .

I'm more than six miles from the nearest place I could qualify for DSL, and cable, "What's cable?"

I used to connect at 28,800 and that seemed very fast compared to my present connection speed that I've had to put up with for more than a year now . . . :blink:

I just downloaded it fine (23.8MB) from http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=575

Try a different browser, clearing your cache/Temporary Internet Files or downloading to a different location on your hard drive and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tips. I cleared my cache, deleted windows temp internet files and even tried another browser. Still no luck. All I can get is just over 17 MB of nRouteEnglish_24.exe and the download stops. I give up.

I ordered City Select 6 on ebay and was hoping to get my 60CS working with nRoute for an up-coming trip.

Does anyone know what's going on with nRoute downloads? I have been trying to download v 2.4 for the past 3 days. Their site lists the file size as 24.95 MB and the file I received was 17 MB. I tried again and the download stalls at 20.8 MB. the past 3 days.

Well, I went from not knowing what nRoute was to having downloaded in all in 3 days time. Looks pretty cool. Will use it when we migrate (it is a snowbird thing) from Baja, Mexico, to Tracy, California on Friday. I did not have any problems downloading it the first time, I have windows XP. Good luck.

Does anyone know what's going on with nRoute downloads?  I have been trying to download v 2.4 for the past 3 days.  Their site lists the file size as 24.95 MB and the file I received was 17 MB.  I tried again and the download stalls at 20.8 MB. the past 3 days.

Well, I went from not knowing what nRoute was to having downloaded in all in 3 days time. Looks pretty cool. Will use it when we migrate (it is a snowbird thing) from Baja, Mexico, to Tracy, California on Friday. I did not have any problems downloading it the first time, I have windows XP. Good luck.

Glad to hear you like nRoute. I downloaded it with help from Team DEMP although I haven't installed it yet. I received Garmin City Select 6.5 this afternoon and now have it working with my 60CS. City Select has a nice mapping/routing program built in so I'm curious as to what features nRoute offers.