Zip Code Search

Sulley_Monster

I just did a zip code search for 30152 which is in Kennesaw, Ga. However, the results page bring up a list of caches about 65 miles away. The top of the results page says Kennesaw, Ga. Not really sure what's going on with this one. Can someone please check on this?

Thanks!

Wow, that's really weird! Has anyone else noticed similar problems in other areas? I know the post office--and the zipcode lookup on geocaching--at my parent's house is about 10 miles away from their home, but that's in relatively spread out zipcode area (155 sq. mi.) in Colorado. For the 30152 zip-code, which is only 20.6 square land miles, that distance seems very strange. Plus, I noticed that the geocaching map puts you out near the 37316 and 30751 zip codes. That seems to be a mistake in the database which could probably be fixed if brought to the right person's attention.

Edited to add area in CO for comparison.

Edited by fauxSteve

Yeah, it looks like it's an error in geocaching's zip code location data base (or whoever they are using.)

It looks like they are 1 degree north of where they should be.

(If you use zip 30152 in any of the "normal" mapping programs, it will go to the right area.)

If someone from geocaching doesn't see this thread and respond, I'd use the contact information to send an e-mail to them.