I could foam over, I'm just that excited!

Snideswipe

In the words of my favorite dog, "Oh boy oh boy oh boy hooray yippee!"

As I was perusing amazon.com for a waffle iron, I took note that little GPS gadgets were getting far less expensive. One popped up in my gold box and I made a comment to my dear mother, who is ever so lucky to have me visiting, to the effect of, "Hey, did you know you can get a GPS thingy for like a hundred and fifty bucks now?"

She promptly responded by telling me to visit geocaching.com and being the inquisitive little cat that I am, off I went. Voila, here I am.

I'm preparing to buy my own GPS unit, probably either a Garmin Legend or Rino, but I'm not yet decided.

Anyway, my point is this: I'm just so hyped over this that I can't wait to get started. I look forward to a long and interesting relationship with geocaching. If any of ya'll find yourself in my neck of the woods, feel free to say hi!

Cheers!

I'm not in your neck of the woods, but Hi anyway.

Heck, you don't need to wait for the GPS, they're people on the boards that are capable of finding caches without them. I'm not sure how they manage, but it has been done.

If you enjoy the sport half as much as I have, you'll have a blast.

Happy Caching

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

They are findable. I found a 4/4 cache today without bringing my GPS. Of course I also failed to find 2 others because I didn't have a GPS. It is very hard since the best I could do was narrow down the general area to about a hundred foot radius and had to search all within there. The GPS can usually take you to within 30 feet.

Welcome! The Legend is a fine unit and a great choice. The Rino is also nice, but you would find it more useful if you had a partner, or friend who also had one.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

icon_biggrin.gif Wheeeeeeeeee! I went with the Legend (got it off of Amazon.com with free shipping, shopping there leaves me lots of room to yell if something goes wrong icon_cool.gif) and it showed up today. I spent a decent chunk of the afternoon outside, walking around my yard, playing with the thing.

A little bit of business prevented me from hunting today, but tomorrow I head off on a trip to Stockton, MO (near Springfield) and I've already got some coordinates plugged into my GPS for hunts in that area. Let's see if I can't get my conspiracy-theorist-hermit-in-training psuedo-uncle-but-really-cousin fruitcake relative into this; he totally seems like the type.

I'm going to be planting some caches after I get back, so sometime this weekend I'll probably be tromping around my hometown and stuffing things away. I'm quite a little puzzler so I expect to create some masterpieces that require a little bit of logic and savvy to locate.

Man, this is just so fun!

See you all on the playground soon enough. icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

You've just been snideswiped.