ENOUGH WITH THE AVATORS

JamesJM

This message was misunderstood by almost everyone. that makes it MY fault...accepted.

I emailed for the thread to be deleted...didn't happen...so I am taking it out myself. <smile>

this doesn't mean you can't yell at me....you can. But the 'point' never took hold and I see no reason to leave it as written. Sorry to all. - JamesJM

[This message was edited by JamesJM on May 15, 2003 at 12:41 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

You have quite a few finds in the 3 weeks you've been here. Now it's time to look for caches with more than 1 star...

If you don't like the boards, don't use 'em

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

Amazing...I came off that way to you? See...the internet is NOT a good medium..

I don't like people ripping other people for whatever reason...is that so BAD?

I like YOU! <smile> And Team GPSaxopone...(I'm a smooth jazz guy by the way)...what exactly offended you? I don't get it...

I was saying "be nice"...THAT offends you? Strange board. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by JamesJM:

quote:

You have quite a few finds in the 3 weeks you've been here. Now it's time to look for caches with more than 1 star...

I like YOU! <smile> And Team GPSaxopone...(I'm a smooth jazz guy by the way)...what exactly offended you? I don't get it...

If I were to hazard a guess.... you said to "be nice" in an anal whiney puissant sort of way. frog.gif

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

quote:

quote:

If I were to hazard a guess.... you said to "be nice" in an anal whiney puissant sort of way. frog.gif

Cheers!

TL

yes, you would. <smile>

Don't get it do you? that's ok...I didn't expect it. took it "personal" didn't ya? hehehehe...HEY

That could make it MORE fun...

I take back everything I said....- JamesJM

You're flaming people and calling them names because they are not being 'nice' on the forums. The logic here is so flawed that I think it's time to send you off to the organ farm. Someone with something to offer society could probably make better use of those kidneys.

As for the people you single out, they are more helpful and have contributed more to Geocaching than you realize.

------------------------------

Have you had your house checked for Rae Dawn Chong?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheers!

TL

yes, you would. <smile>

Don't get it do you? that's ok...I didn't expect it. took it "personal" didn't ya? hehehehe...HEY

Who in the heck did I single out????? Markwell? That was so amazingly obvious that I used him, and Jeremy, to make a point that I cannot imagine that anyone would have taken it seriously. ANAL....

Geea, I was so right I wasnt' aware of it. - JamesJM

quote:

yes, you would. <smile>

You mistook my response. I merely answered your question. Your message merely took on the same atmosphere of anality you accused others of having. Anyway, my response was more in jest and you were full enough of yourself you thought I took it personally. icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

TL

quote:

quote:

yes, you would. <smile>

You mistook my response. I merely answered your question. Your message merely took on the same atmosphere of anality you accused others of having. Anyway, my response was more in jest and you were full enough of yourself you thought I took it personally. icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

TL

Ahhh, well that happens. <smile> so, now we have to define "anal"...you go first. LOL - JamesJM

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes, you would. <smile>

Cheers!

TL

Ahhh, well that happens. <smile> so, now we have to define "anal"...you go first. LOL - JamesJM

No thanks! You seem to have a pretty good grip on that already. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers!

TL

quote:

No, just kidding.

Been on the 'net' since, well, before some of you were born. I belong to many boards, as you all do as well. Some are nice, some are garbage, but you get a feel for them...

Yak, Yak, Yak, Your all being anal. KNOCK IT

OFF!

JamesJM

I'd give you a link to similar rants and their responses, But I know you don't like that.

I'd give you an actual reply about your comments, but You'd just consider me anal.

I'd tell you how MarkWell's a nice guy and your being an A55 to him. But You'd think I was stroking my ego because I know so much.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

I'd give you a link to similar rants and their responses, But I know you don't like that.

I'd give you an actual reply about your comments, but You'd just consider me anal.

I'd tell you how MarkWell's a nice guy and your being an A55 to him. But You'd think I was stroking my ego because I know so much.

http://brillig.com/geocaching/http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/22008_1700.gif http://www.gpgeocaching.com/

Fair enough...I accept...now..

Markwell..did YOU think my post was THAT serious? Just wondering... ya got lots of defenders here and they are like IRATE. <smile>

ohh, before I forget...yes Welch, i don't like that; you are anal, and I'm an A$$ to Markwell...there, all bases in one fell swoop.

I think you should read my orignal post once again. MARKWELL is NOT AT ALL the point of my message. Markwell is an administrator...no tougher job exists. I've done it. I used him in an attempt to make this topic "light", because I wasn't all that serious....I thought the supercilious-ness of the post would shine through...it didn't.

My apologies to all who felt offended by the original post or felt a cumpulsion to defend the administrators. If I could delete it, I would. - JamesJM

If you use a big enough shotgun and post a large enough message you will hit everone and yet somehow miss the bullseye.

I tried to find the gist of the post but just could not find it. Oh well, at least Totem gave me a new word to look up.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:

Markwell..did YOU think my post was THAT serious? Just wondering... ya got lots of defenders here and they are like IRATE.

Nope. Didn't take it seriously, and while I was confused by what point was trying to be made, I didn't take it as a personal afront. You did mention several times in the original post that you were illustrating with hyperbole.

So much in communication is lost through using JUST the written word. Even <smiles> and <grins> don't really help. For some reason all literal devices are lost in the internet media (either posts or e-mails). I've come to choose my words VERY carefully and try to say exactly what I mean. Sarcasm, irony, hyperbole - these all seem to me lost once typed on the computer.

I have no hard feelings toward this post. It actually stroked my massive ego quite a bit to know I've got so many supporters (see - irony doesn't work too well).

quote:
Markwell is an administrator...
Nope. Markwell is a geek who lives in these forums and has nothing better to do with his time than answer every single post asking a question. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
I have no hard feelings toward this post. It actually stroked my massive ego quite a bit to know I've got so many supporters (see - irony doesn't work too well).

Actually... it worked quite well with me LMAO. But you are absolutely right about the written word. It lacks in the body language and vocalization inspite of how carefully crafted the context and inclusive the smilies. Even JamesJM mistook my 1st response as a personal hit. icon_smile.gif

Cheers all!

TL