Bad Caching Day - 21st May

Today's trip was planned with military precision. A whole list of difficult puzzles had been solved. A few caches of extra interest had been identified.

The best parking places had been identified for each cache area, and the waypoints for each transferred from Memory Map to Tom Tom so I could just follow the generated route between caches. All the caches had been filtered into a single GPX file so I could easily view the descriptions on the PDA. Minimum time fussing around with admin and navigation, maximum time actually outdoors - I was looking forward to this!

The flight was booked, and a hire car arranged from Liverpool Airport. I arrived at the airport in good time, checked in and boarded the flight.

The plane started down the runway five minutes early. What could go wrong now?

I noticed smoke billowing from the port engine: at the same time, the pilot realised something was amiss and aborted the take-off. End of caching trip. B)

At least I can get to watch the cup final now .... B)

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Klaus,

I'm still frustrated about today... ;)

It wasn't totally wasted: the sun shone warmly all day and I retrieved the cache White Feather in order to archive it and recycle the container for an evil new one "The Bradda Lode" (5/5 rating). So I spent quite some time very pleasantly, perched on various cliffs around the area looking for those safe(ish) but spectacular approaches. I found a bizarre hiding place, and two more very obscure microcache locations, then worked on the cipher and the story - I think this will be a good one! I also managed to see some of the cup final, which was OK, and gradually became less grumpy. :P

Thanks for asking, anyway - I'll have to re-arrange the trip to Lancashire/Cheshire but I hope to log a cache in Egypt later this week... B)

HH

The decent chap at Emerald Airlines has given me the opportunity to re-book the flight at a later date, so I'll be back soon - probably June 4th. I don't think they were obliged to do this, so I'm very pleased about it.

The only problem is that I'll have cracked a couple more puzzles by then - will I be able to get round them all?

HH