Volume Conrol On The 60c

First off - I'm new to geocaching and new to the 60C unit (just opened it up). I've read the manual (most of it), and I've read pretty much all of the 18 page post about the Garmin 60C (great info by the way).

My question - where is the volume control? I went to the Tone setup page, and listened to the tones. There is no way I'm going to hear these in my car! When these alarms actually occur, are they louder than on the setup page? Thanks

Edited by Spyderweb

Well, used it for the first time today (my first time looking for a cache as well). I have a convertible, and I was hoping to do most of my searching with the top down. Don't think that's going to happen if I use the GPSr to do the routing; the wind drowns out the beeps. But with the top up and the air conditioner on, it was plenty loud enough.

With that said, I learned today that (at least for me) I find it easier to put the unit into Off-Road mode and just drive in the direction it's pointing. So I'll still be able to drop the top and let the Florida sun shine in ;)

Well, used it for the first time today (my first time looking for a cache as well). I have a convertible, and I was hoping to do most of my searching with the top down. Don't think that's going to happen if I use the GPSr to do the routing; the wind drowns out the beeps. But with the top up and the air conditioner on, it was plenty loud enough.

With that said, I learned today that (at least for me) I find it easier to put the unit into Off-Road mode and just drive in the direction it's pointing. So I'll still be able to drop the top and let the Florida sun shine in :P

I would suggest stick small microphone to it and use car stereo as amplifier ;)

There is no way I'm going to hear these in my car!  When these alarms actually occur, are they louder than on the setup page?  Thanks

I changed them around a bit and use the one with a referee whistle for important events. Like you said, some are too faint to hear with background noise....