Jars For Multiples

I would think that glass for a final cache might not be a good idea...although with all of the crappy, leaky plastic containers I've seen it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

These are small and like I said are perfect for clues as I have pictures. I saw similar jars used for a cache in RI, so when I found these I thought I'd spread them arround.

I would think that glass for a final cache might not be a good idea...although with all of the crappy, leaky plastic containers I've seen it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

These are small and like I said are perfect for clues as I have pictures. I saw similar jars used for a cache in RI, so when I found these I thought I'd spread them arround.

hmmm why did i say i thought glass was a no no..........originally i just didnt ever think of using it because of the use your common sense rule but after looking all thru the rules , guidlines and all i can not find one thing that says you cant or even shouldn't use glass.so here goes my best reasons not to use glass......glass breaks and your cache would get wet.kids cache...kids break things......glass is fragile when cold..could break in the warm hand of a cacher.when glass breaks cacher steps on broken glass for months after.do you want to pick up your broken glass after someone breaks it????it is your responsibility!!sure plastic leaks...but if wildlife steps on it the wildlife isnt hurt!i personally can think of way more bad things happening with glass than i can with plastic or metal.just my 2 cents.

eddthejailer,

You make some very good points.

I would not use a glass container myself, but I asked "Why did you think that" because I too never read anything about not being able to use a glass container.

CowboyX,

You maybe the only one that can see the photo's you posted.

All I see is the Tripod logo.

http://keramicus.tripod.com/photos/index.album?i=1

Here's the link for where I have the pics posted. I don't know why I'm having trouble with the pictures. I think I need a new host.

These are really tough little bottles and I can't see them breaking easily. As to cleaning up after someone else's kids...that's a pretty lame argument and I would expect the parent to do it. If your kid drops a bottle on the sidewalk do you wait for PepsiCo to come clean it up?

Glass can also be put in a small mesh/net bag, stocking or sock, or a small cloth case/tote for sunglasses etc. and hung in a tree, tied around something etc. This protects it a bit more, cushions a fall should it happen, and gives you more options for placing it--hanging, tieing. And, should it crack, someone has something to tote it out with. They look small, light and thick enough that unless they dropped right on a rock, they probably just bounce and be fine. tftheads up on those.

-JG