Visitor Needs Some More Advice

nonnipoppy

You guys convinced me that it really made little difference where I might stay while visiting. So we have booked the Best WEstern In Federal Way.

The property runs a shuttle from the airport so getting there is no problem. Enterprise will pick us up at Federal Way and take us to car rental. We aasume this might be less expensive that renting at the airport.

We will be doing the caching\tourist thing on Aug 10,11,12 and some on 13th.

Now the problem that we need advice for. It there a smart method of transportation from Federal Way to Downtown Seattle?

We have been told a taxi will be a small fortune. There may not be a good answer but I'm betting you guys have some good suggestions.

Thanks for any help you might give.We are open to suggestions.

I have done a few caches in Clarksville. Very nice place. Not sure about how much time you have on the 13th of August. I would like to invite you to the GeoLuau on the Kitsap Pennisula. You can read about it here in the forums. There will be a lot of food and fun things to do including a GPS Contest which has a morning and an afternoon session. Chance to meet a lot of nice Geocachers and pick up a few very nice caches. I will let someone on the Federal Way side of the pond suggest the best way to get to downtown Seattle. Welcome to the Puget Sound area.

Dick, W7WT

Edited by W7WT

I'm in Federal Way and only about 1 1/2 miles from the Best Western. I agree with Team Misguided about taking the bus up to Seattle or if you are renting a car, I would say just drive. It is only about 30-35 minutes to downtown. You can spend a good day or more just finding caches in the Federal Way area. We have many great caches in the area.

I have done a few caches in Clarksville. Very nice place. Not sure about how much time you have on the 13th of August. I would like to invite you to the GeoLuau on the Kitsap Pennisula. You can read about it here in the forums. There will be a lot of food and fun things to do including a GPS Contest which has a morning and an afternoon session. Chance to meet a lot of nice Geocachers and pick up a few very nice caches. I will let someone on the Federal Way side of the pond suggest the best way to get to downtown Seattle. Welcome to the Puget Sound area.

Dick, W7WT

Hi there,

I'm the host for the GeoLuau that W7WT, Dick was referring to.

By all means, if you possibly can, come to the luau. Among other things, you will see the, IMHO, nicer parts of Washington. That is, no high-rises.

The tallest man-made thing around here is the Hammerhead crane at the Navy Yard.

Shop99er