Embarrassing cache location!

Tc & Fezzi

Me `n my girlfriend recently thought we`d found the perfect spot to hide a cache, nice,quiet and beautiful. That is until we revisited at the weekend and noticed loads of single men walking around and often coming out of the bushes in twos and then driving off seperatly!

You guessed it - it was an area where gay men enjoy a different weekend hobbie!

It was quite shocking and a real shame because the area was a place of natural beauty and is spoilt by these sickos! I`ll never go back there again.

The moral to this is always check your location during weekends before hiding your cache!

BTW I did inform the police but frankly that experience has put my off that area. We have since found a better location.

We kinda laugh about it now!

Tc

Where`s the nearest pub?! :-)

I've noticed a lot of single men sitting in their cars in Forest Preserves around here...always made me feel a little uneasy...don't know if they are waiting for a drug deal or a "partner"...I just try to avoid making eye contact.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Rygel:

Would you call a man and a woman sickos if they were having a little fun in the woods?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Nope, I'd call them busted and the fun would be over. But then they could just go home and have fun there since they really didn't have to sneak off to begin with.

As for the men pairing off, a few geocachers around wouldn't hurt anything. If the pairs are embarassed, that's their fault.

Wherever you go there you are.

There is a cache like this with a log entry where a cacher actually got arrested on suspicion of whatever these people get arrested for. It was quite funny. I'll see if I can find it.

Imagine trying to explain it by saying you were geocaching!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

quote:

Would you call a man and a woman sickos if they were having a little fun in the woods?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

I would if they paired up with random strangers they just happened to meet in a park.

There are a few places like that locally and I post a big warning on the cache page. Beware this is an active crusing area.

A local young male cachers was followed into the bushes and invited zero in on something else.

Another cacher came around looking for a cache and was welcomed with a guy busy signing his own log.

It kind of ruins the whole park if you ask me.

There are a few things I've learned about while geocaching.... parks were gay men cruise, and that homeless people are eveywhere.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Just about all the parks seem to have a special clientel anymore...Just don't back in (your car I mean) and avoid eye contact!

We had a local park that was real bad with the male population populating there but it soon became a Mountain Bike riding area and the police and hikers welcomed us there as we ended up pushing the gay cruisers out of the park! Of course I am sure that they went somewhere else!

Darkmoon icon_redface.gif

All you have to do to fly is throw yourself at the ground and miss!

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

I would if they paired up with random strangers they just happened to meet in a park.

So you just go and ask them 'Did you guys know each other before you started to have fun'? And if they did, that'd be ok with you and they'd not be sickos in your opinion?

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

That is why I always carry my Badge with me when I go GEOCACHING. We see alot of this in the nature parks around the area. Nothing worse then walking in the woods with my wife and three year old daughter, to find two adult men (55+ most of the time) pleasuring each other.

GET A ROOM!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

So you just go and ask them 'Did you guys know each other before you started to have fun'? And if they did, that'd be ok with you and they'd not be sickos in your opinion?

A cruising park is by definition where strangers go to hook up for anonymous sexual acts. If they went and did this, man/man man/woman woman/woman, it a private place, I could care less. But when you go to a public park, or public restroom to do this you're scum. Go get a room.

If a couple, on a whim, happen to jump into the bushes for a quickie, it wouldn't bother me at all.

But a quickie in the bush does not make it a cruising spot.

BTW, the best way to clear the place out quickly is to take your camera out and start snapping pictures. People leave VERY quickly.

OH, place the cache, just make sure you warn people.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I say label it an "ADULT" site, so no one brings unsuspecting kiddies along for the hunt. Then fill the cache with things that are appropriate for the area.......like condoms,AIDs brochures and maybe a purple Tele-Tubbie or two icon_biggrin.gif

Well there's my two cents worth!

OG

That's IT!!! We're going to Fist City, and I'm driving!

I've encountered this while caching too... On my last cache hunt, I drove to the location of the final stage of a multicache, pulled into the EMPTY parking lot, and grabbed my bag and gps and started to get out of my truck.

Before I could get out of my truck, some guy backed into a parking slot one away from me, and just kind of stared at me. I just ignored him and took off into the woods, checking to make sure he didn't follow and went about my way.

When I came back, the guy was gone. I jumped into my truck and started to call my girlfriend to tell her I was headed home (enter whip-cracking noise here). Sure enough, another guy pulls into the parking lot, backs into the same parking slot as the guy before him, and just kinda sits there staring at me for a minute... so I started up my truck, and began to leave the lot, and this guy quickly pulls out in front of me, and drives off.

I mean come on now... does being a single male out caching automatically make you available for action???

:

quote:
Originally posted by shegget:

I mean come on now... does being a single male out caching automatically make you available for action???

I'd say no. But it seems to be a good window to many women's world. In that world your question would be 'Does being a single woman in a bar/pub automatically make you available for action?' Or 'Does wearing a mini skirt/dressing sexy/looking good/etc. automatically make you available...' etc etc, you get the point.

There was a park not too far from here that had the same 'problem'. Once a local paper chronicled the goings-on, it took a few weeks of public/media pressure before the PD would do anything about it. It was so disgusting, that you could be sitting at a stoplight, see a car pull out of the parking area, pull up next to you and start swishing with mouthwash. If you happen to be a male, you might get a few winks or some not-so innocent gestures, as if his in the bushes quickie wasn't enough for one night. They have since gutted/revamped the park and built a police substation there. Unfortunatly, the activity has moved to another nearby park, according to a friend at the same PD. icon_frown.gif

There was a website listed in the article catering to these types of men that listed locations by state and for the type(s) of activities being sought. Curiousity got the best of me one time, and as a result I developed a new list of business establishments I would NOT visit, because of what was 'permitted' in the restrooms at these places. Given that this is a family forum, I'll leave the link out. For that matter, I'm not even aware that the site is still up, although it does appear in a google search.

Brian

Team A.I.

[edit] Now, there's a cache in that very area. icon_smile.gif

I guess I found the page Brian mentioned.

Looks like their "sport" isn´t so different from ours.

They use internet sites to post locations, then seek out the given location in search of moving and willing targets. And once found they swap bodily fluids instead of McToys or used Golfballs. icon_smile.gif

They even have an electronic logbook with DNFs and various sucess-stories.

It doesn't matter If It's two women, two men, a male and female couple the point is It's Illegal for one. Two If It's a public place I don't want to walk up on that. Imagine this your In a park casually looking for a cache with your mother! Then you walk up on a couple doing the nasty! Not a plesant thought Is It? I don't know why things get so turned around in these forums.

Don't hunt what you can't kill!

quote:
Originally posted by potroast:

Would it still be a 'problem' if it were spooky single women meeting in parks and walking off into the woods in pairs?

depends on what they look like icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_cool.gif

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by shegget:

I'd say no. But it seems to be a good window to many women's world. In that world your question would be 'Does being a single woman in a bar/pub automatically make you available for action?' Or 'Does wearing a mini skirt/dressing sexy/looking good/etc. automatically make you available...' etc etc, you get the point.

Yeah, I read the comment about being out caching automatically make you available for action, and felt a strong case of deja vu.

It's funny, though, that a woman doesn't even have to be particularly cute, or wear cute clothes, or anything. I am fat, frumpy, dress like a slouch most of the time, and still, I have guys approach me a lot. I seem to do okay at the pharmacy - maybe they figure that a woman in a pharmacy is a health risk. icon_rolleyes.gif But I do try to take a male friend or my husband if I go to the grocery store. Go to a bar or pub by myself? I wouldn't dare.

It's really daunting feeling like a target all the time. Believe me, guys, when you're getting looked over like a piece of filet mignon by another guy, I can really empathize.

I've never had another Geocacher do this sort of thing. I've met a lot of male Geocachers, and they have all been incredibly polite, helpful, and nice. The problem is, when you're out on the trail, until you get pretty close, how do you know who is who, y'know?

Fortunately, my family is always willing to go caching with me, so we all go and I never worry about what anyone's thinking. For people who go out alone, though, I can see the potential for uncomfortable situations with GeoMuggles.

Shannah

quote:

If they were in a park (or the woods nearby) where you could reasonably expect children to be playing, I might.

I personally think gay men are disgusting (I do have a right to my own opinion), But I try not to let it effect how I treat people, because I really don't care what someone does with another consenting adult, in PRIVATE, where I don't have to change the legal activity I am doing to avoid any illegal activity they are doing.

I don't put caches in their bedroom...

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

[This message was edited by martmann on March 16, 2003 at 08:12 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

I personally think gay men are disgusting (I do have a right to my own opinion)

I personally believe that you don't recognize 99.9% of gay men who walk past you on the street and thus you probably aren't disgusted by their gayness.icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
But I try not to let it effect how I treat people, because I really don't care what someone does with another consenting adult

That's good. Couldn't agree more.icon_smile.gif

quote:

But they're an existing minority among our heterogeneous (no pun intendedicon_razz.gif) international community of geocachers too. So let's just try not to be so disgusted (although we have the righticon_razz.gif) about such irrelevant features like one's sexual orientation (still no pun intendedicon_wink.gif).

quote:
Originally posted by BDC:

Imagine this your In a park casually looking for a cache with your mother! Then you walk up on a couple doing the nasty! Not a plesant thought Is It?

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifActually I think me and Mom would have a good laugh while the couple would be the ones who are embarrassed.icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif And I don't consider it nasty, btw.icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

i'm a little alarmed at the quickness to label people sickos for behavior that, although i find it distasteful, certainly falls within the spectrum of common human sexual behaviors.

and yes, it's icky to be surprised by these guys.unless you're one of them.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

I personally think gay men are disgusting (I do have a right to my own opinion)

I personally believe that you don't recognize 99.9% of gay men who walk past you on the street and thus you probably aren't disgusted by their gayness.icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
But I try not to let it effect how I treat people, because I really don't care what someone does with another consenting adult

That's good. Couldn't agree more.icon_smile.gif

quote:

But they're an existing minority among our heterogeneous (no pun intendedicon_razz.gif) international community of geocachers too. So let's just try not to be so disgusted (although we have the righticon_razz.gif) about such irrelevant features like one's sexual orientation (still no pun intendedicon_wink.gif).

You put a lot of effort into missing my point entirely.

1; I would recognize gay men if they were having sex in a public place, and I would be disgusted.

2; As for "irrelevant features like one's sexual orientation" I thought it was relevant to the post I was responding to (which was basically asking if they are sickos because they are gay), and I was trying to make a point that the gay aspect is not why I would be calling them sickos, but their complete lack of respect for others. But I suppose the "disgusting" part could and should have been left out, and the point still be made.

You can pick apart my post, if it is in an effort to better understand my point (or to better state yours), then I'm all for it. I don't dissagree with most of your post, and am just attempting to clarify.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

I've noticed a lot of single men sitting in their cars in Forest Preserves around here...always made me feel a little uneasy...don't know if they are waiting for a drug deal or a "partner"...I just try to avoid making eye contact.

http://www.rowwindow.com/images/homer.gif

__"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."__

Or maybe they are just a fellow cacher waiting for you to leave so they can hide/find a cache. Like you, I usually try and avoid contact but if I see a gps-looking device I usually have the guts to strike up a conversation.

--CoronaKid

My only problem is that this was done in a public park, where children have gathered to play. Whatever goes on behind your stucco 'n chicken wire is up to you. Whether anyone has a sexual orientation that differs from me is irrelevant. Personally, I feel that an oleander bush isn't exactly the greatest place for my wife and I to um, engage. Same goes for these characters who seem to enjoy making a show of it.

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
i'm a little alarmed at the quickness to label people sickos for behavior that, although i find it distasteful, certainly falls within the spectrum of common human sexual behaviors.

If they go to hotel rooms or somewhere private that is one thing, but in a public park not only SICK but illegal and rightfully so

I'm a man and I can change if I have to,I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by roasteroo:

Would it still be a 'problem' if it were spooky single women meeting in parks and walking off into the woods in pairs?

Heh, well my Wife said she felt extremely safe at our local gay cruising park (the same one that George of georgeandmary mentioned). Personally, it spooked me a bit, being young, male, and attractive as I am (modest too!). Especially since when we got there about 90 minutes before twilight and there were maybe 2 other cars in the parking lot, and when we got done searching for caches there were over 50 cars (I kid you not, the parking lot was nearly full) and plenty of men either just sitting in their cars or walking around in circles not too far from the parking lot.

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

Saturday afternoon I went caching with a friend. A male friend, I'm male too. The cache is located in a large community park. On the way to the park, he asks me where we're going. I tell him the name of the park, and he starts laughing. He's a lawyer, and starts telling me about men he has represented who have been busted for soliciting in this park. It is, apparently, very popular.

As we enter the park, we're making jokes about how two guys walking through the woods should be a common sight, so we should have no problem fitting in while we look for the cache.

When we get to the parking area, there is one other car there, with a guy sitting in it. We studiously ignore him as we gather up our gear and head off onto the woods. I'm almost certain that the guy in the car did not think we were geocachers out enjoying a beautiful spring day. So far, so good, our mission is well under way.

Rather than taking the longer, more sensible way, we decide to go cross-country. As it turns out, that was a mistake. To make a long story short, too late, we ended up slogging through a half mile of knee-deep Georgia cypress swamp, complete with snakes, gators, spiders and enormous, voracious, man-eating mosquitoes. As the only warm-blooded animals within at least two square miles, we were most popular with the mosquitoes. To stop moving was certain death by exsanguination. By the time we reached the cache, we were rooting for the gators to put us out of our misery, but they, unlike the mosquitoes, seemed to think we were too big to eat.

We found the cache, (And it contained bug spray, god bless your anonymous, life-saving, mother-loving, trade-upping heart!). We then headed back to the car, again cross-country, as we had had so much fun the first time, and this time, at least, we were properly equipped for the journey.

When we finally reached the parking area, we immediately noticed that there was a third car in the lot. The new car was parked directly behind my friend's car. The original car was empty, and its driver was now in the passenger seat of the new car. With the driver. Together. If you know what I mean.

We intentionally tried to be noisy as we walked up to my friend's car, so as not to surprise the two men. Alas, they were not paying a bit of attention to us. By the time they finally noticed us, we were no more than 20 feet from them.

At this point, due to our trek, we had no choice but to clean up a bit, as we were extremely swampy and my friend's car is extremely clean.

Keep in mind that the third car was parked right behind my friend's car.

My friend opened his trunk, poked around a bit, and let out a cry of discovery. 'Ah Ha!', he said, and proudly produced an extra large beach towel, which his wife had left in the car. He unfurled the towel with a snap and a flourish, allowing it to catch the breeze. It was not until the towel was flapping briskly in the wind that we realized it was emblazoned with a life-sized, full color picture of a well built naked man.

We left the park shortly thereafter.

I've been going in circles my whole life. May as well make a hobby of it.tiny.gif

[This message was edited by Aristocracker on March 24, 2003 at 01:07 AM.]

There are a few caches in my area that are in cruise spots, but to be honest I have never run into any trouble while there, don't get me wrong I have seen gay couples while hiking there but not groups of them... I guess I would just deal with it if I ran into the situation...

Also Shegget, nyce nyce op-ivy avatar

GOT IT FOUND IT,Whats in it????? oh a dirty golf ball, a broken Mctoy and some soggy candy melted in the heat...So log it and grab the TB and lets go.. Wait the TB hasn't been here for 5 months....Dam it I'm glad I drove 60 miles for it!!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

Be careful! All packs of homosexuals you might find wandering through the woods are always looking to do the nasty! My group of 4-5 are picking off ticks, complaining about McToys, and lugging our backpacks just like the rest of you! We're just dressed nicer icon_smile.gif

FS

[This message was edited by FlashStash on April 28, 2003 at 09:07 AM.]