Relocating The Cache

hikerbiker...

Surely there is some distance limit after you need the approver to refresh the cache page with new coordinates. Does anybody know for sure how far the new coordinates might be without disturbing the approver with that?

Järjestelmässä on kuitenkin määritelty joku raja minkä jälkeen approver päivittää koordinaatit kätkösivulle. Eli kuinkahan kauaksi uudelleen sijoitetun kätkön voi siirtää ilman että approveria tarvitsee vaivata asialla?

Could it be the same as the recommended distance from another cache:

The reviewers use a rule of thumb that caches placed within .10 miles (528 feet or 161 meters) of another cache may not be listed on the site.

Olen sen kyllä kuullut mutta kun ei muisti pelaa. Omaani onnistuin siirtämään yli 50 metriä, olisikohan maksimiraja sama kuin suositeltu kätköjen minimietäisyys?

Jos menee yli niin voisihan sitä hivuuttaa useammalla askeleella, pitää vaan kätköä disabloituna kunnes oikea kohta on saavutettu.

Erwast probably got it right: According to this thread it's the same distance as the minimum from another cache (0,1 miles, 528 feet or 161 meters).

Jos sääntö on että purkkia voi siirtää samanverran kuin on minimietäisyys toiseen kätköön, niin eikös siitä seuraa että kaksi purkkia voisivat päätyä täsmälleen samaan jemmaan ??

Kätevää, voi sitten löytää kaksi purkkia yhdellä kätköilyiskulla !!

I think this means that two boxes may end up in the same hide !!

That's nice, two finds after one search !!

What happens if I report a new location about a maximum acceptable distance from the original one and as soon as I get it done I change it again - maximum distance to the same direction - and again and again?

:o

It's possible, I just tested it. I could move one of my caches 0,165 minutes to north. It is about 300 metres. Then I changed longitude to east approximately same distance. Then once again to north and still to east. Then I made same moves backwards.

– – niin eikös siitä seuraa että kaksi purkkia voisivat päätyä täsmälleen samaan jemmaan ??

– – I think this means that two boxes may end up in the same hide !!

This is true, but there are many other ways how this could happen. For example, if you change the description of a mystery cache, you do not need to change the initial coordinates and the system does not control the change at all.

I don't know why the change of coordinates has been restricted, but I think it causes more trouble in appropriate changes than serves as a preventive control for inappropriate changes.

What happens if I report a new location about a maximum acceptable distance from the original one and as soon as I get it done I change it again - maximum distance to the same direction - and again and again?

:)

It's possible, I just tested it. I could move one of my caches 0,165 minutes to north. It is about 300 metres. Then I changed longitude to east approximately same distance. Then once again to north and still to east. Then I made same moves backwards.

Hienoa. Sittenhän Mesu pystyy hinaamaan Alphabet T:n Pohjanmaalta oikealle paikalleen Espooseen :)

Hienoa. Sittenhän Mesu pystyy hinaamaan Alphabet T:n Pohjanmaalta oikealle paikalleen Espooseen B)

Niinhän minä kyllä pysyisin, mutta toistaiseksi on ollut pienempi työmäärä pyytää tarkistajaa tekemään tämä toimenpide. Sekin on kyllä jo vaatinut kymmenkunta pyyntöä, eikä mitään ole tapahtunut. B)

Niinhän minä kyllä pysyisin, mutta toistaiseksi on ollut pienempi työmäärä pyytää tarkistajaa tekemään tämä toimenpide. Sekin on kyllä jo vaatinut kymmenkunta pyyntöä, eikä mitään ole tapahtunut.

Oletkos pyytänyt Lewa Nuvalta joka tällä hetkellä näyttää suomalaiset kätköt listaavan?

Edited by Shambbu
Oletkos pyytänyt Lewa Nuvalta joka tällä hetkellä näyttää suomalaiset kätköt listaavan?

En ole, mutta eivätkös kaikki tarkistajat näe nuo reviewer notet? Erillisiä sähköposteja olen lähettänyt vain kotimaiselle tarkistajallemme.