Gps V / Map Detail

I can't seem to figure this out. When I load up the maps on my V it only seems to give me the detailed side street mapping for the first block of mapping data that I select. All the other data seems to be more like base maps. I have not got a memory full message or anything.

First of all Moab, I'm glad you came to your senses and got a GPS with a quad-helix antenna! :P (and one that uses good ole AA batteries)

So your detailed maps ARE loaded on the gps, right? But you cant get them to show up on the map page?

I dont have my GPS V with me right this second, but hit 'menu' on the map page, then select something that says "mapsource info". A meny should popup. Hit 'menu' button again. Select some option that says "ALL maps enabled".

If that doesnt do it, report back.

Thanks for the reply.  Everything is working properly but the detail of the map source map and the block I ACTUALLY fall into are off a bit.  All is good.

I was able to get a good deal for the V so I traded up from the legend.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Just out of curiosity have you tried the autorouting feature yet?

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000
A few times.  I have to travel across Utah, Wyoming and Colorado tomorrow night so it will get a big workout.

Hey, it took me on a trip from Northern california to montana a couple months ago. It did fine throughout the whole trip.

Just make sure you dont allow it to route the basemap. Itll still work, but if there is a section where the road is not accurate, it assumes you are off-route and recalculates the whole thing again. This only happened once on the stretch from Elko NV to SLC.

As long as you dont expect it to be perfect, I think youll be pretty impressed.

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

Exactly what the above poster said, it will route on the basemap, but there are flaws, usually I tell it to stop recalculating until I get out of the area where it messed up, but the basemap got me from vandenberg california to cheyenne wyoming without too much drama, you just can't RELY on the gps. I would keep the road atlas open to my area and use the gps to give me a warm fuzzy where I was on the map, that way...no surprises if it tells you to turn and you know he route you want to take is still going straight..or vice versa.