Placing A Cache

Sarg863

Until you can get the cache in place. Is this OK? I have a location in mind but know it will take a little bit more work before I can physically place the cache. ;) I am refering to submitting the cache before the physical placement is done.

Edited by Sarg863

You mean no cache but you want an approval??

Not allowed as I understand it. How much more time do you need to set one out there? Is there a reasonable chance somebody else will "take" the spot?

Go ahead and place a micro or something there and "upgrade" it later is my suggestion.

This is fine so long as it's not abused. Just leave a "note to reviewer" explaining why you don't want the cache listed yet. Indicating a timeframe (four days, two weeks) is helpful.

Examples of acceptable situations to submit a listing that's not ready to be published:

1. "Please do not list this yet. I am still working on getting permission from the park manager and she asked to see what the cache page would look like."

2. "Hi, I wanted to run this past you before it got listed. I want to build a container that is custom-made to be hidden at these coordinates. But, it's only 458 feet from Cache X. Please note that Cache X is on the other side of the river and the nearest bridge is .7 miles away. Let me know if it's OK to proceed with this hide, so that I don't waste my time building a custom cache."

Examples of unacceptable situations:

1. "I heard that JoeCacher is planning on hiding a cache in this park. I own three other caches in this park as part of my Amazing MicroSpew series. Number four in the series will get hidden sometime in this park when I get around to it. Please hold this spot."

2. "I have this amazingly complex multicache that will start in this park. It will take me six months to get all the stages hidden. Please don't list any caches in this area because all the later stages depend on this first one."