San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Quint: "Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go."

Mayor Vaughan: Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see Rocket Man spill out all over the dock!

a4ed4968-48c7-4a19-82c5-70a0f8f14a59.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
e2d8e3b1-fb3a-4785-a31a-568a5e1a3ae7.jpg

Bigger boat indeed, ... when you least expect it QDman.

ROFL! Most Excellent!

That's my best friend RichardLee about to become Bruce's breakfast. I've known him for 34 years, 3 more than I've known my wife. Guess I better start looking for a new 'caching buddy. :D

(Edited 'cause math is hard!)

Edited by QDman

117cd902-570d-4fbe-9046-b6060e933a62.jpg

Well, it ain't no shark, but this little guy jumped out of a plant I was watering on our 2nd story deck!! I'm still trying to figure out how it got there. I know the pic is kind of blurry, but I was trying to zoom in as much as possible. Harmon, can you fix that?

P.S. To Harmon, I made a plum-blueberry upside down cake the other night and I thought of you. It was deeelish!

Well, it ain't no shark, but this little guy jumped out of a plant I was watering on our 2nd story deck!!  I'm still trying to figure out how it got there. I know the pic is kind of blurry, but I was trying to zoom in as much as possible. Harmon, can you fix that?

P.S. To Harmon, I made a plum-blueberry upside down cake the other night and I thought of you. It was deeelish!

Pqmommy dearest,

Here's Pqfroggy looking a bit better but not totally sharp. Fine lookin' froggy by the way. What did you name it?

It surprises me that a Chicago gal like you has such a sharp eye for little critters.

Plum-blueberry upside down cake y' say? O Lordy, just th' thought of it makes my mouth water, my tongue flap, my ears wiggle, and my eyes cross. No wait, that's perfectly normal f'r me ain't it?

Had t' be larapin good. Mm, mm-mm mm, mm-mm mm mm mmmm.

With all my heart,

Harmon

President, Pqmommy Fan Club

7f4a2fd9-9318-40c0-8b7d-181f51dd1536.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
e2d8e3b1-fb3a-4785-a31a-568a5e1a3ae7.jpg

Bigger boat indeed, ... when you least expect it QDman.

I love this one Harmon! Looks worthy of a contest entry to me!

Thanks pal. I was thrilled to find that background shot in QDman's gallery.

Wouldn't life be a lot more interesting if things like that really happened all the time? Sure would thin out the weak and inattentive ones.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Sorry to digress, but I did some research on an expression that Harmon used earlier today:

Cut the Mustard - This expression meaning "to achieve the required standard" may come from a cowboy expression, "the proper mustard", meaning "the genuine thing", and a resulting use of "mustard" to denote the best of anything.

Cowboy f'r shore, lots of versions of that ol' song "Too Old t' Cut th' Mustard Any More."

Seems t' me that Rosemary Clooney even sang it back in th' fifties. Yeah, yeah, I know ... who's Rosemary Clooney?

According to my favorite source John Ciardi, rest his soul, Mustard, a synonym, c. 1900, for "hot stuff," as in he thinks he's hot stuff. Cut, of course, as in to perform.

She's George Clooney's aunt.......I think

Looked like this in the fifties.

0f4516b8-cf52-4f9a-acb3-604c3ebbd6cc.jpg

Quite the resemblance to "We're in a tight spot" George Clooney!

49689aac-6d0f-4040-ac0f-58bbaeb93552.jpg

battle.jpg

;):P

Oh man, I need to learn this photo-editing stuff!

Carol,

What we need is a focused shot so go beat that little critter of yours back out of the flower pot. At my age things are usually out of focus but all at the same time.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Too bad you guys didn't have your GoogleEarth cams pointed towards Cedar Falls around 9:30 a.m. on Friday 7/8. Could have grabbed some pics of Gecko Dad skinny dipping in the punchbowl! Click Here...

Gecko Dad,

Be more careful where you skinny dip 'cause there's a new treat in the outback waters of San Diego County.

Harmon

3d8651fd-33fa-4660-82a0-d165bb625ce1.jpg

Hey, somebody had to do it.

We have friends that spend summer months at a mobile-home park in Santee. Their home base is a beautiful lakeside property in New Hampshire. We plan to spend a few days at their place this coming fall. They are of course Geocachers and use the handle "Hot Tubbers."

In order to pester them once in a while we make up stories about the fate of their unoccupied mobile home. Our latest email informed them of a catastrophic event that consumed their mobile home and of course we included photographic evidence. See photo below.

Because I have suggested cast-shadows as a PhotoShop exercise I decided to post this composite here as an instance of a cast-shadow effect that's associated with the Three Amigos. As you can see a cast shadow ties a selection into a composition quite nicely. Of course you already knew that, right?

I selected the smoke and flames from a shot of a fire that occurred some time ago along Cottonwood Creek near Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches 3, 9, and La Fantasma de los Cruces.

Some nut tried to commit suicide by putting a garden hose into his auto exhaust pipe. The goofball passed out, the car caught on fire, the hose melted, and then a passing rancher drug him out of the car and saved him. Of course a huge swath of the fabulous trees that grace Cottonwood Creek were lost.

Anyway, let's see a few instances of cast shadows from you other PhotoShop geeks.

Harmon

4c4f26c6-3366-4811-b9a9-960f89e41499.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies