San Diego Banter

TrailGators

:P I am utterly thrilled and amazed. For only $15 bucks, too! Not bad at all. There are a few things I still need to figure out (well, maybe more that I don't even know I need to figure out, huh?), but yeah ... this is working GREAT! Thank you, Harmon, for the info ... yer awesome! I owe you a hug, fer sure ... uh, if that's ok.

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :D

Fantastic! hard to beat a good-night's sleep, huh? Up at 4:00 am you say? So now we know how bad your case of OCG (Obsessive-Compulsive Geocaching) is. Sorry to say that there's no cure for OCG as you can see from the Forum posts by other afflicted souls, not to mention any names.

Now you can be the iMac-Geocaching Forum expert. Sounds like MacCaching is very like GSAK.

Thank you for this chance to exercise my aging mind. As it turned out I got lucky by discovering MacCaching right away so then I didn't have to spend time investigating iMac functionality.

Way back when RocketMan and a few others got together for the first San Diego paperless-caching event many local Geocachers made the leap from manual waypoint entry to direct downloading. The event was a defining moment for many of us. I've always appreciated the effort that went into that event. Makes me feel like I'm passing on a favor from RocketMan, Steve Dillon, Devhead (Of stapler fame), and others.

For your Geocaching-Woodstock trip make sure to figure out how to do a Pocket Query for "Caches along a Route." That way you can improve the experience of driving through central-valley along the I-5.

Also look into the features of your Magellan eXplorist and see if it can store and recall waypoint downloads as a file on the expansion-memory card. For sure my old Magellan Platinum has that feature and so for trips I loaded multiple PQs, one at a time, and then transferred them one at a time onto the expansion-memory card. That way you can recall stored PQs as you progress along to far-away places. Sort of reduces the need for a laptop and the need to find WIFI along the way. Oddly enough that's a Magellan feature that Garmin should have incorporated into their units, but didn't.

Happy for you and looking forward to my hug,

Harmon

Moi? An expert? Hmmm ... well, I could try I s'pose. Golly, I thought I my expertise was limited to driving a schoolbus with young whippersnapperz and uh ... calling up folks for lifelines. Now I'm an expert at somethin' else? Wowza! This must be make Barrie smile day, er sumpthin'.

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :D ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :D

:P I am utterly thrilled and amazed. For only $15 bucks, too! Not bad at all. There are a few things I still need to figure out (well, maybe more that I don't even know I need to figure out, huh?), but yeah ... this is working GREAT! Thank you, Harmon, for the info ... yer awesome! I owe you a hug, fer sure ... uh, if that's ok.

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :D

Fantastic! hard to beat a good-night's sleep, huh? Up at 4:00 am you say? So now we know how bad your case of OCG (Obsessive-Compulsive Geocaching) is. Sorry to say that there's no cure for OCG as you can see from the Forum posts by other afflicted souls, not to mention any names.

Now you can be the iMac-Geocaching Forum expert. Sounds like MacCaching is very like GSAK.

Thank you for this chance to exercise my aging mind. As it turned out I got lucky by discovering MacCaching right away so then I didn't have to spend time investigating iMac functionality.

Way back when RocketMan and a few others got together for the first San Diego paperless-caching event many local Geocachers made the leap from manual waypoint entry to direct downloading. The event was a defining moment for many of us. I've always appreciated the effort that went into that event. Makes me feel like I'm passing on a favor from RocketMan, Steve Dillon, Devhead (Of stapler fame), and others.

For your Geocaching-Woodstock trip make sure to figure out how to do a Pocket Query for "Caches along a Route." That way you can improve the experience of driving through central-valley along the I-5.

Also look into the features of your Magellan eXplorist and see if it can store and recall waypoint downloads as a file on the expansion-memory card. For sure my old Magellan Platinum has that feature and so for trips I loaded multiple PQs, one at a time, and then transferred them one at a time onto the expansion-memory card. That way you can recall stored PQs as you progress along to far-away places. Sort of reduces the need for a laptop and the need to find WIFI along the way. Oddly enough that's a Magellan feature that Garmin should have incorporated into their units, but didn't.

Harmon

Moi? An expert? Hmmm ... well, I could try I s'pose. Golly, I thought I my expertise was limited to driving a schoolbus with young whippersnapperz and uh ... calling up folks for lifelines. Now I'm an expert at somethin' else? Wowza! This must be make Barrie smile day, er sumpthin'.

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :D ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :D

Well I declare, I figured you would drive the school-bus loaded with San Diego Geocachers. Wouldn't that be a hoot? After all, Central Valley offers a lot to see along the way ... Wasco, Pleasant Valley, Corcoran, ASP, LAC, CCI, SAC, DVI, MKSP, SOL, SATF, and more. Kinda fun to see your State prison money at work. There's even a Charlie Manson Geocache just east of Corcoran prison, don't miss it.

Don't short yourself of being an expert. It seems to me that you are pretty tech-savvy person based on the way you've handled MacCaching, your GPS, PQs, waypoint downloads, your profile-page image gallery, lifeline calls, and Forum posting.

Harmon

Aww shucks :D . So you think I should start a thread for Mac users, eh? Heck, I'll be all alone in thar! I dunno if there is anyone all that interested, but I s'pose I could run it up the ol' flagpole and see if anyone salutes. Shoot, Harmon ... are you a teacher, er what!? I couldn't have done it without you! You keep stretching me beyond where I'm used to bein' comfy! That's a good thing n' all, don't get me wrong. I might not mind havin' a thread ... kind takes me back to my ol' quilting days. I got oodles of thread!

As far as your "expansion" recommendation ... well, you see, I'm trying not to expand anymore than I already have. I've been on a diet fer months now, and lost 15lbs. I'm hopin' not to find it, either. Ya huh, I'm doin' real good so far (well, I did have a mug o' ice cream last night, with Hershey's slathered all over ... but you won't tell, right?). Reduce the need for a laptop? I just told ya ... I'm working on it, sorta.

Now I sure could use a memory card! I sure like THAT idea ... I fergit where I left my keys ALL the time (have you seen em?). I was looking fer my sunglasses once, and my son found 'em on top my head. That shur was embarrassin'! I'll head on over to Hallmark and ask where they keep those memory cards, coz I ain't never seen 'em! Furthermore, I have no idea what all that alphabet soup stuff was!! But if it means driving through the valley in the heat, and touring the prison ... I might have to put that off until it cools down a lil', but if you say I need to give it a try - then one of these days I will. Well, if there is a nice A/C camping spot with one of those Holiday Inn's along the way, mhmm. That'd be a must.

Barrie

aka: Expert MacCacher Extraordinaire (dang, I kinda like the sound of that)

:D I am utterly thrilled and amazed. For only $15 bucks, too! Not bad at all. There are a few things I still need to figure out (well, maybe more that I don't even know I need to figure out, huh?), but yeah ... this is working GREAT! Thank you, Harmon, for the info ... yer awesome! I owe you a hug, fer sure ... uh, if that's ok.

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :huh:

Harmon

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :) ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :huh:

Well I declare, I figured you would drive the school-bus loaded with San Diego Geocachers. Wouldn't that be a hoot? After all, Central Valley offers a lot to see along the way ... Wasco, Pleasant Valley, Corcoran, ASP, LAC, CCI, SAC, DVI, MKSP, SOL, SATF, and more. Kinda fun to see your State prison money at work. There's even a Charlie Manson Geocache just east of Corcoran prison, don't miss it.

Don't short yourself of being an expert. It seems to me that you are pretty tech-savvy person based on the way you've handled MacCaching, your GPS, PQs, waypoint downloads, your profile-page image gallery, lifeline calls, and Forum posting.

Harmon

Okay Harmon, I give up ... help me out with the alphabet soup, pls. I prolly need to get out more, but I gotta admit I doubt I've ever been to any of these areas.

[Central Valley offers a lot to see along the way ... Wasco, Pleasant Valley, Corcoran, ASP, LAC, CCI, SAC, DVI, MKSP, SOL, SATF, and more.]

:D I am utterly thrilled and amazed. For only $15 bucks, too! Not bad at all. There are a few things I still need to figure out (well, maybe more that I don't even know I need to figure out, huh?), but yeah ... this is working GREAT! Thank you, Harmon, for the info ... yer awesome! I owe you a hug, fer sure ... uh, if that's ok.

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :huh:

Harmon

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :) ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :huh:

Harmon

Okay Harmon, I give up ... help me out with the alphabet soup, pls. I prolly need to get out more, but I gotta admit I doubt I've ever been to any of these areas.

[Central Valley offers a lot to see along the way ... Wasco, Pleasant Valley, Corcoran, ASP, LAC, CCI, SAC, DVI, MKSP, SOL, SATF, and more.]

Those are all California State Prisons that are located in or near Central Valley. So now I'll admit it, I've been in more State and Federal prisons than any inmate. Some of my more "interesting" engineering work by the way, non-fatal weapons and such for correctional institutions.

Edited by SD Rowdies

:huh: I am utterly thrilled and amazed. For only $15 bucks, too! Not bad at all. There are a few things I still need to figure out (well, maybe more that I don't even know I need to figure out, huh?), but yeah ... this is working GREAT! Thank you, Harmon, for the info ... yer awesome! I owe you a hug, fer sure ... uh, if that's ok.

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :)

Harmon

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :D ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :huh:

Harmon

Those are all California State Prisons that are located in or near Central Valley. So now I'll admit it, I've been in more State and Federal prisons than any inmate. Some of my more "interesting" engineering work by the way, non-fatal weapons and such for correctional institutions.

Ohhhhh my ... well I reckon I was right! :D I've never been to any of those areas before. I'm pretty much a native coastal gal, altho I have been up the 5 as far as Red Bluff once 'er twice. Could be I'm just not "up" on the fine prison establishments in this here Golden State. So now I'll admit it, I've led a sheltered life. My oh my, I had no idea there were THAT many places for those naughty rascals.

Well I'll tell ya what, Harmon ... I'm gonna start checkin' out these areas, do a lil' homework on the matter, and see where those Holiday Inn air-conditioned camping grounds are along the way. I'm not ruling out yer prison caching recommendations yet. No sir. I'm kinda curious now.

Harmon

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :huh: ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :huh:

Harmon

Ohhhhh my ... well I reckon I was right! :) I've never been to any of those areas before. I'm pretty much a native coastal gal, altho I have been up the 5 as far as Red Bluff once 'er twice. Could be I'm just not "up" on the fine prison establishments in this here Golden State. So now I'll admit it, I've led a sheltered life. My oh my, I had no idea there were THAT many places for those naughty rascals.

Well I'll tell ya what, Harmon ... I'm gonna start checkin' out these areas, do a lil' homework on the matter, and see where those Holiday Inn air-conditioned camping grounds are along the way. I'm not ruling out yer prison caching recommendations yet. No sir. I'm kinda curious now.

If you stay at any cheap motel that's near a prison make sure to bring your auto wheels and tires into the room with you at night. Its a familial thang.

:) Hey Boysnbarrie...do you knwo how to make pineapple Upside Cake? :huh::huh:

Jahoadi,

You're the best. Still can't believe that I didn't eat all ot the one

you brought to the 2006 MTRP Cache War cookout. How dumb

was I trying to be polite that day?

On the other hand I don't do favors for rewards. Being paid for

a favor opens the door to complaints about the quality of the

service.

Harmon :D

Edited by SD Rowdies

<_< Hey Boysnbarrie...do you knwo how to make pineapple Upside Cake? :laughing::laughing:

Jahoadi,

service.

:blink: Shhhhhh Harmon....as happy as BnB is right now with you I could have had one delivered to you BEFORE she goes to Woodstock! :D

<_< Hey Boysnbarrie...do you know how to make Pineapple Upside Cake? :laughing::laughing:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake!! Well, of course I do ... with them lil' cherries and all? Mmmmmm. Not on my current diet plan, of course ... but for YOU Jodi, I'd set that aside and put your needs first. Ya huh, I shur wud!

Barrie

Cake Maker Extraordinaire

<_< Hey Boysnbarrie...do you know how to make Pineapple Upside Cake? :laughing::laughing:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake!! Well, of course I do ... with them lil' cherries and all? Mmmmmm. Not on my current diet plan, of course ... but for YOU Jodi, I'd set that aside and put your needs first. Ya huh, I shur wud!

Barrie

Cake Maker Extraordinaire

Am I seein' double? Shoot, I haven't even had a drink all week!

Oh, and Harmon? I have a hard time leaving my spare tire anywhere ... but I'm working on gettin' rid of that. Yeah, I am quite familiar with it. In fact, I'll be goin' to the gym again real soon. That's one of the things I LOVE about geocaching, btw ... bein' active and all.

Edited by boysnbarrie

<_< Hey Boysnbarrie...do you knwo how to make pineapple Upside Cake? :laughing::laughing:

Jahoadi,

service.

:blink: Shhhhhh Harmon....as happy as BnB is right now with you I could have had one delivered to you BEFORE she goes to Woodstock! :D

Nice try Jodie, you're such a dear.

Edited by SD Rowdies

MacCaching works great! It downloads all the info on the cache, including when it was last found, the hint, difficulty, view on a map ... and all that I think I'd need. I like that I can select "found" and it stores all my found caches too. Maybe I can quit carrying a spiral notepad around now? :lol:

Harmon

I will check out those mighty fine suggestions when I get home from church (geocaching to and from, of course). Now that I'm an expert, I should be able to figure out what the sam hill her talkin' about! Oh ... one more thing ... there ain't no way I'm driving up the valley! No, no, no ... I'm flyin' :wub: ! Furthermore, I'll be doing my campin' at the Holiday Inn ... yeah, that's roughin' it for me :)

Harmon

Ohhhhh my ... well I reckon I was right! :) I've never been to any of those areas before. I'm pretty much a native coastal gal, altho I have been up the 5 as far as Red Bluff once 'er twice. Could be I'm just not "up" on the fine prison establishments in this here Golden State. So now I'll admit it, I've led a sheltered life. My oh my, I had no idea there were THAT many places for those naughty rascals.

If you stay at any cheap motel that's near a prison make sure to bring your auto wheels and tires into the room with you at night. Its a familial thang.

Holy 'mokes....

You two need to exchange phone numbers..... :)... This reads like a phone call.... :)

Edited by Night Hunter

A little gift for Harmon . . . :ph34r:

183_StickersinSocks.jpg

I'm not tellin' who the guilty party is . . . :)

Miragee, be careful who you hang-out with.

46ed5a9c-67ce-491a-a0c6-5ac9d838eb12.jpg

... and you of all people. Tsk-tsk.

40f48aac-66cf-462e-8ce4-df6dce79dbb0.jpg

By the way ...

a2cb1221-8080-4854-959b-484e0d65713d.jpg

... ve know vhere to find you and we're checking the penal code for gator violations.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hello SD Cachers! I hope this is the right thread to post a link to my GW6 group photo pix. A grand total of 84 cachers showed up for both picture opportunities. The SD Cachers sign looked so much NICER than anything that I brought which was all BRIGHT RED NEON posterboard.

Feel free to right click and save any of pix and post them in your gallery.

http://bgactor2005.googlepages.com/geowoodstockvi

We arrived in The OC after an 8 hour drive from Rocklin on Sunday. Brought back 35 TBs.

Cya,

N6UZS

Hello SD Cachers! I hope this is the right thread to post a link to my GW6 group photo pix. A grand total of 84 cachers showed up for both picture opportunities. The SD Cachers sign looked so much NICER than anything that I brought which was all BRIGHT RED NEON posterboard.

We arrived in The OC after an 8 hour drive from Rocklin on Sunday. Brought back 35 TBs.

Cya,

N6UZS

Thanks for posting those!

Cya,

N6UZS

Thanks for posting those!

http://bgactor2005.googlepages.com/100_346...-full;init:.jpg

That's the one! I think I see a boysnbarrie in there...... :anibad:

A teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans.

Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different...again.

Little Johnny said, 'Because I'm not an Obama fan.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

Johnny said, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.

Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my Mom 's a Republican and my Dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, 'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replied, *'That would make me an Obama fan.'*

00020148.gif

A teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans.

Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different...again.

Little Johnny said, 'Because I'm not an Obama fan.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

Johnny said, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.

Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my Mom 's a Republican and my Dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, 'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replied, *'That would make me an Obama fan.'*

00020148.gif

<_<

I have a feeling that we are going to be hearing Obama jokes for the next four years. Isn't it funny how he went to a Church for 20 years and just suddenly quit. That just reminds me why I hate politics so much. What a joke... B)

Edited by TrailGators