San Diego Banter

TrailGators

I'll look!  :o By the way, who was the victim in the Cornflakes painting?

Here's a good painting! Now we just need the victim! BWA HAH HAH!

bbb9b688-2c75-4d6d-8105-94f91401b442.jpg

Great, another female victim. Well, that or a cross dressing Geocacher.

The American Gothic victim was a face in the crowd from the Mission Bay Event. You are supposed to guess who it is.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Uh-huh, the pizza party. Thought you had us didn't you?

Ve know vere to find you.

Harmon and the Photo Editing maniacs

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

:)

Uh-huh, the pizza party. Thought you had us didn't you?

Ve know vere to find you.

Harmon and the Photo Editing Maniacs

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

:P

Biggles: Expects... Nobody expects the...um...the Spanish...um...

b1ea57c3-d2dd-4654-ad88-f78ae51889b1.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
Baby Micro (Chase Ryan) was born this morning. I had to give up a scheduled morning of caching to be there. I must say, it was even more exciting than caching. What a thrill to know all is well.  :D

69becfee-a07f-4563-b290-052d7e7f67fc.jpg

As mentioned in my email, congratulations to the proud parents and to you and Earl as proud grandparents. Thank's for the terrific photo.

Wow, Chase Ryan Armstrong. He'll wind up as a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman for sure. That boy will go places for sure. One thing for sure, I'm not messing with that picture.

By the way, what's Chase's Geocaching handle?

Life is good,

Uncle Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Baby Micro (Chase Ryan) was born this morning. I had to give up a scheduled morning of caching to be there. I must say, it was even more exciting than caching. What a thrill to know all is well. <_<

69becfee-a07f-4563-b290-052d7e7f67fc.jpg

Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is well.

The Lollypop Kids

Harmon, you probably don't know how weird this actually is. There was a big fire that day in the desert, and smoke was actually funneling up very much like the tornado in this picture......

Wow, that's an interesting coincidence. Maybe I'm psychic after all.

Mostly my close friends just say that I'm a psycho. Perhaps I misunderstood them.

Harmon

Hey, are we all masters of photoshop r is there another lesson on the way????

Well as a matter of fact I've been boning up on a couple of subjects that might be suitable for a Photoshop lesson. Tell me if there is interest in exploring the followng two subjects.

A. Introduction to Channels with details about preserving Selections in an Alpha Channel.

B. Studio approach to Brightness and Color adjustments using the Info Palette and Curve adjustments.

Well as a matter of fact I've been boning up on a couple of subjects that might be suitable for a Photoshop lesson. Tell me if there is interest in exploring the followng two subjects.

A. Introduction to Channels with details about preserving Selections in an Alpha Channel.

B. Studio approach to Brightness and Color adjustments using the Info Palette and Curve adjustments.

Harmon, can you please give some photo examples of what A and B let you do? I don't understand the photo lingo but I'm a good Monkey-See-Monkey-Doer! :)

Harmon, can you please give some photo examples of what A and B let you do? I don't understand the photo lingo but I'm a good Monkey-See-Monkey-Doer! :mad:

Sure, I'll work some examples up.

Put simply the first item has to do with saving the selections you make so that you can recover them later and use them over again.

The second item has to do with improving the color, the brightness, and so the detail within photos that are poorly exposed and/or poorly lighted. Examples will simply show some before and after images. If you don't have a need to salvage bad shots then these two topics will be of little interest.

As an alternative idea I am presently doing some graphic work for the next YMS card. It has been interesting because the person with the uDesignit card takes a real interest in the effort and makes good suggestions about theme and final layout. There have been four or five layouts so far.

The other good thing is that the project involves extensive use of Curves and Channels and so would cover the same topics proposed as items A and B.

It might be an interesting lesson in that it involves a client and actual end-product. This effort has stretched over several days now and there is more to do including misprint designs. Ain't that odd? ... misprint designs. Why would a person design misprints? Tradition, that's why.

The imposed layout requirements caused me to actually go afield last Sunday for a photo shoot. I was anxious about the shots needed because I was with Sandy and my dad for breakfast and all the while I could see that the perfect June-gloom cloud cover was melting away. In the end I got the shots I needed just while the last of the cloud cover remained. I also kept my mouth shut about the photo shoot during breakfast.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
If you don't have a need to salvage bad shots then these two topics will be of little interest.

Sign me up Harmon! I wish I had a nickel for every bad shot I've taken! :mad: Actually, I do have an issue with indoor sports shots with my digital camera. Low light and speed settings seems to fight each other on the camera. I'm not allowed to use a flash so these type of photos are often dark. So this lesson could be quite useful for me!

Baby Cache Chase is a cute baby. Who can fix him up like a serious geocacher? A tattoo, hiking cap, walking stick? Just for photo editing training of course!

Hmm, you're the second guy within the last hour to suggest that. Been talking have we? Trying to get me into trouble with gramma Sleuth are we?

Well, yes, I must admit ... it crossed my mind.

05d5b26f-27e3-49aa-8a43-2fb49ed54273.jpg

The Devil made me do it.

Edited by SD Rowdies

If someone is looking for a fun photoshop project, Ive got one. I have 2 photos of Laa Laa jumping into a pool. Could they be "melted" together or "jumping" Laa Laa placed in front of "standing" Laa Laa? Like a double exposure time lapse photo? Just something fun to kick around. I have more ideas than software / knowledge / time! Maybe after a few more lessons, we can get her jumping off the diving board!

Just a proud geo dad bragging about his almost 4 year old geo daughter! By the way, If she could type, she would have logged at least 300 geocache finds already!

If someone is looking for a fun photoshop project, Ive got one. I have 2 photos of Laa Laa jumping into a pool. Could they be "melted" together or "jumping" Laa Laa placed in front of "standing" Laa Laa? Like a double exposure time lapse photo? Just something fun to kick around. I have more ideas than software / knowledge / time! Maybe after a few more lessons, we can get her jumping off the diving board!

Just a proud geo dad bragging about his almost 4 year old geo daughter! By the way, If she could type, she would have logged at least 300 geocache finds already!

Not my best work, but this was all I could do before my bed started calling me.

laalaa.gif

Not my best work, but this was all I could do before my bed started calling me.

Nice, nice ... now we're talkin'.

Another lesson coming your way soon.

Harmon

Here's what I would have done last night if I hadn't started so late.

[Edit] to correct a 'digital' error pointed out by John&Jess. Thanks, guys.

QDman,

Nice work on the animation. One might expect a lesson from you by the way.

Must be nice to have friends like John&Jess, otherwise you might not be aware of the mistakes you make. Reminds me of most people I know.

Harmon