San Diego Banter

TrailGators

We are still waiting for grand-baby "Micro Cache" but I think he wants out. I do not have a warp on my Photoshop so I had to do with other options in Transform.

Hootah! The Senior Sleuths has joined the fray in a huge way.

Good gravy, this sets a whole new standard for this thread. Steve, now you can post that job you did on Splashette, nobody will notice. Well, maybe Splashette will, she's so sensitive about her topological features.

SallyM has been watching our meager efforts all along, with an occasional email to me on the side. She's a bonafide graphic artist and a swell gal at the same time.

Check it out, she got the same job done in a different way. We look forward to an instructional piece.

Can you imagine tryng to get permission for a shot like that from your daughter? Just imagine all the jokes about veins and stretch marks.

Yowza SallyM, you da woman! I hope you're ready for quint's.

That's a classic, I'm goin' t' faint.

Edited by SD Rowdies
We are still waiting for grand-baby "Micro Cache" but I think he wants out. I do not have a warp on my Photoshop so I had to do with other options in Transform.

Please tell how you do it with Transform?!!!! :D I have an older version of Photoshop as well and it doesn't warp either! :o

Great picture by the way! :P

Edited by TrailGators

Pray tell how did you do it with Transform? :P I have an older version of Photoshop as well and it doesn't warp either!

Great picture by the way! :o

Thing is that an unwarped image will blend onto an image that, for the most part, seems to be a flat surface. Where warping pays off is when the underlying image has a well defined dimensionality.

For example if one tries to blend an unwarped image onto a soda bottle that's viewed isometrically from the top quarter then the curvature of the soda bottle is really apparent. In that case it would be difficult to achieve a result wherein the unwarped image seems to be an integral part of the bottle. Of course it probably helps a lot to be Momma Sleuth and know lots of ways to accomplish the same end.

To appreciate this distinction try blending a photo of quadrant graph paper onto an image of a cylindrical object that's viewed from slightly above.

Ain't it great that Momma Sleuth finally put in an appearance on this Forum thread? Who would think that a mother would do such a thing? Makes y' wonder about Momma Sleuth's college days don't it? What did she say your daughter's phone number is?

Where's the tatoo by the way?

Edited by SD Rowdies
hand.gif

Whoa, now that is really cool. Wonder if local news knows about that big chasm on the I-8 at Buckman Springs?

So now we are into body parts are we? Wonder where this is headed? Turns out that Lesson 4 is creepy.

Another thought, this Forum thread is bound to start attracting a lot of attention. Ive seen a lot worse on Google Photo of the Day.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Sometimes you have to be subtle - does anyone notice anything unusual about this webcam photo? :wub:

8b457fc9-d135-4e0f-8406-919444d337c5.jpg

It's actually a composite of 6 different photos. Most of the people in it were not in the same shot together. I bet Harmon recognizes the place! :D

I found that in my Photoshop (7), I can use Filter/Liquify for warping. It does not work as well, but it has some other fun things to play with like bloating, puckering, twirling etc. The first symbol is the warping one. It seemed to work well for Splash's shirt.

Did the Splashes really get here on their road trip? If not, I just took her there. Just another use of nice backgrounds. I received it via e-mail so it must be floating around.

edae169e-00e6-4642-a0c8-1ec535a02b75.jpg

Sometimes you have to be subtle - does anyone notice anything unusual about this webcam photo?  :wub:

8b457fc9-d135-4e0f-8406-919444d337c5.jpg

It's actually a composite of 6 different photos.  Most of the people in it were not in the same shot together.  I bet Harmon recognizes the place! :D

ahimsa,

You've got that right, I surely do recognize that place. Oddly enough I thought about doing a composite of our local Geocachers to go with $kimmer and Splashette. It took two different visits to get that GeoBabe shot because the first time around the camera wasn't working. $kimmer doesn't quit.

Nice job on the composite by the way.

There's a webcam in the student union building of Central Florida University. $kimmer and Mr. The Vulture were in Orlando on his business. Turned out that Momma Senior Sleuth was in town too and did some caches with $kimmer.

The deal on that webcam is that you are supposed to wear alma-mater colors for the shot. Instead I enhanced $kimmer's shot by including the San Diego State cheerleader squad with pom-poms no less.

The guy that hosts that webcam was thrilled to have a cheerleader squad visit his cache. He even asked permission to post the photo right on his cache page where it appears to this day. Truth is I didn't do a decent editing job on that composite. Too late now.

The things I do for $kimmer.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
I found that in my Photoshop (7), I can use Filter/Liquify for warping. It does not work as well, but it has some other fun things to play with like bloating, puckering, twirling etc. The first symbol is the warping one. It seemed to work well for Splash's shirt.

Did the Splashes really get here on their road trip? If not, I just took her there. Just another use of nice backgrounds. I received it via e-mail so it  must be floating around.

O boy do I know that area. Also Highway 58 east of Bakersfield can truly be amazing in the springtime. The reason I know that area so well is that the highway leads right on up the mountain to Tehachapi, California where California Correctional Institute (CCI) is located. North Kern and Wasco State prisons are also nearby. I know you'll be thrilled to learn this.

Yes indeed, I've done a lot of time at CCI, and at thirty-nine of the many other State prisons. Good chance I'll be inside Donovan this week. It's a cowboy thang.

Half-way up the hill one finds two caches near the world-famous Tehachapi Loop of railroading fame. In fact that's where I picked up the railroad spike that became TB Tehachapi Spike.

SallyM, y' done good once again. Two things I've learned about you, (1) you are a great graphic artist and (2) you like men that have had a broken ankle. You are weird don't y' know?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Harmon, thanks for the drop shadow graphic. I especially appreciate the use of the giant cartoon hand to point out these things because my brain's not working very well today. I had to meet with a client in Palm Desert today, and took the Palms to Pines highway in a convertible. My bean's fried from that desert hellhole. I did manage to nab 14 of the desert caches, however.

Edited by Tycho52
Harmon, thanks for the drop shadow graphic. I especially appreciate the use of the giant cartoon hand to point out these things because my brain's not working very well today. I had to meet with a client in Palm Desert today, and took the Palms to Pines highway in a convertible. My bean's fried from that desert hellhole. I did manage to nab 14 of the desert caches, however.

So how many photos did you take along the way? A camera is a necessary thing, don't leave home without it. I can imagine the heat 'cause it was plenty hot at Sandy Creek Ranch today. You need new clients in cool places.

I should talk, I was there last weekend with a group to see the oldies Follies.

That cartoon pointy-hand is one of the Paint Shop Pro "Picture Tubes." It took a while for me to tame it so that it could be pointed in any direction.

Finally I woke up and place it on a new layer each time so's I can flip it. mirror it, move it around, resize it, and rotate it as desired. As you may have noticed it's one of my favorite features.

It came with a very early version of Paint Shop Pro. Present versions don't include it but it's easy to move older picture-tube files to newer versions. Also it's fun to make your own picture tubes.

Glad you got something out of the drop-shadow comments.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Glad you got something out of the drop-shadow comments.

In the interest of completeness here's three views showing how to access the Drop Shadow option using Adobe PhotoShop.

7278a756-d63b-4f33-a655-2b84f6b4b2c9.jpg

The Layer Style Button affecting only the selected layer.

1ef01a7a-ed4d-4db2-b21d-a07cf15a05d8.jpg

Blending Options List including Drop Shadow Option.

42fa35f7-21e3-43f3-b729-36a7595abee2.jpg

And finally the Drop Shadow Control Panel.

May I just say that I am grateful that I knew neither Sally nor Harmon while I was pregnant?!  ;)  :P  :D

Come on Pqmommy, Ill just bet that you have photos. I promise I won't show them to anybody else. Think about it, the map of downtown Chicago.

Have I ever lied to you before?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
May I just say that I am grateful that I knew neither Sally nor Harmon while I was pregnant?!  :D  :D  :lol:

Come on Pqmommy, Ill just bet that you have photos. I promise I won't show them to anybody else. Think about it, the map of downtown Chicago.

Have I ever lied to you before?

Harmon

The unfortunate thing is four years post-pregnancy you could probably STILL fit Chicago on there...... :lol:

As for your truthfulness, considering to whom you are married, you'd better be! ;)

As for your truthfulness, considering to whom you are married, you'd better be! :D

Well O.K., so ... , uh ... , hmm, now that y' put it that way, maybe you have a point there Pqmommy.

Two things I know for sure is (1) don't mess with Mother Nature and (2) don't mess with an ex-Nun.

Mr. Nice Guy,

Harmon

Thought that song was for baby Micro till I read the last 2 lines.  :)

28f1708b-a739-4912-b561-83f7a228e013.jpg

Two and two is four, four and two is six, keep stayin out late at night you gonna get your business fixed.

Don't want my bidness fixed, no suh.

Glad there's no pic of me floating around or I'd find myself in with Jake and Elwood.....or worse! :)

Don't want my bidness fixed, no suh.

Glad there's no pic of me floating around or I'd find myself in with Jake and Elwood.....or worse! :)

Sounds like a challenge to Harmon!?!

On another note:

Best Buy has Paint Shop Pro9

-30.0 instant rebate

=99.99

-30 upgrade mail in rebate (check the rebate you might be able to use photoshop)

-20 mail in rebate

=49.99

Best Buy has Paint Shop Pro9

-30.0 instant rebate

=99.99

-30 upgrade mail in rebate (check the rebate you might be able to use photoshop)

-20 mail in rebate

=49.99

That's a really good price for a great editor. Almost makes me want to buy another copy.

Nice work Steve.

Sounds like a challenge to Harmon!?!

Pqmommy dearest,

I know now that you have been very illusive around cameras but you made one or two teeny little mistakes didn't you?

Your pal,

Harmon

17e57182-b748-4696-b452-35d4f0a897ec.jpg

Nobody is safe, ve know vere to find you.

Is this a cool picture or what? Look at that gorgeous face. Look at that fabulous hair. Look at that terrific figure ... and Elwood and Pqmommy ain't all that bad either.

Edited by SD Rowdies

28f1708b-a739-4912-b561-83f7a228e013.jpg

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes.

It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Let's go!"

Now how did Jake and Elwood know their exact distance to Chicago? Must've had a GPS in the car.....must've been night-caching.

I get it now!

--TT--

"It's 106 miles to Chicago.  We've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes.

It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Let's go!"

Now how did Jake and Elwood know their exact distance to Chicago?  Must've had a  GPS in the car.....must've been night-caching. 

I get it now!

--TT--

Yeah, that's it, and they were actually wearing Garmin 60VR sunglasses. Who would have thought?

We were all so innocent back then, now we're just plain whacko.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Tip Sheet No. 3

Objective

Gain room on PhotoShop workspace by minimizing palettes and the toolbar.

Discussion

By default the PhotoShop workspace is crowded with a Toolbar and selected palettes that are docked within the workspace. As a result there’s not much room for working on images at a large size needed to see fine details.

19360248-cd4c-4cfb-9e04-017010c0e412.jpg

There’s an easy way to minimize the toolbar and palettes along the bottom of the workspace and so take back a lot of area for working on images.

a1f2d731-ec6c-40e8-9b37-4cfa09d02428.jpg

Instructions

A. Note that the Toolbar and all of the docked palettes have a blue header bar.

B. Just double-click the header bar for any palette and note that the palette minimizes.

C. Click and drag the minimized palette to the bottom of the workspace and arrange it along the bottom edge.

D. Repeat steps C and D for each docked palette.

E. To access a minimized palette just click the Minimize/Maximize Button that’s at the left end of the header bar. Double click the header bar once again to return it to minimized state.

F. Double-click the header bar of the Toolbar and note that it minimizes upward toward the top edge of the workspace. Leave it there.

G. To access the minimized Toolbar just double-click the header bar once again.

21679274-723b-4539-9041-2df4c5ef77fb.jpg

Caution

For now, avoid dragging a palette to the extreme right edge of the workspace. The region where default palettes are normally docked is called the Palette Well. Placing minimized palettes within the palette well can be covered at another time if there’s an actual interest

Edited by SD Rowdies
"Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich?

A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you, hee hee hee, wish you had some meat..." :D

Go to your room.

Hey it wasn't me! I was just quoting the Blues Brothers! :D

Well go to your room anyway for hanging around with that Big Bear crowd.

A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you, hee hee hee, wish you had some meat..." :D

Go to your room.

That reminds me! Did you ever get a chance to put our group photo into the other webcam cache? I think Splashette has those photos we took at the Town Christmas Tree webcam site. I could do it too but I think we need a pro to fool the cache owner! :D

Go to your room.

That reminds me! Did you ever get a chance to put our group photo into the other webcam cache? I think Splashette has those photos we took at the Town Christmas Tree webcam site. I could do it too but I think we need a pro to fool the cache owner! :D

No 'cause I haven't received the photo to work with from Splashette. No wait, you mean use the group photo that I captured don't you? I'll give that a go tonight.

Go to your room.

No 'cause I haven't received the photo to work with from Splashette. No wait, you mean use the group photo that I captured don't you? I'll give that a go tonight.

That camera was down so we took a real photo instead (I'll email Splashette to send it to you). So we thought we could take a past photo and remove those people and put us in instead! :D Then we could do this for every webcam cache there is!!! :D Really I'm just kidding! But in this case we were actually there so it should be OK!

Go to your room.

That camera was down so we took a real photo instead (I'll email Splashette to send it to you). So we thought we could take a past photo and remove those people and put us in instead! :D Then we could do this for every webcam cache there is!!! :D Really I'm just kidding! But in this case we were actually there so it should be OK!

The photo at the first webcam was taken with Team Reid's camera. You should e-mail her. Dave

A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you, hee hee hee, wish you had some meat..." :rolleyes:

Go to your room.

That reminds me! Did you ever get a chance to put our group photo into the other webcam cache? I think Splashette has those photos we took at the Town Christmas Tree webcam site. I could do it too but I think we need a pro to fool the cache owner! <_<

That camera was down so we took a real photo instead (I'll email Splashette to send it to you). So we thought we could take a past photo and remove those people and put us in instead! :( Then we could do this for every webcam cache there is!!! :( Really I'm just kidding! But in this case we were actually there so it should be OK!

The photo at the first webcam was taken with Team Reid's camera. You should e-mail her. Dave

So here's my selfish question.

Question. Since there were six user names represented in that Big Bear webcam photo does that mean that I get credit for six finds for posting a single photo? Or should I post the same photo six times?

Answer. Nope, I only get credit for one find because I have scruples. If y' don't believe it just ask Mr. The Vulture, he'll tell y' how many scruples I have.

Edited by SD Rowdies