San Diego Banter

TrailGators

I can drive a jeep over rocks, save a persons life......put stents in coronary arteries but I cant for the life of me put those darned descriptions on my palm......sigh......sigh.......

Hi Smilinglady - Lets see if we can get that smile back on your face.

Reguarding your e-mail about the error you are getting when running CMConvert.:

After getting to work, I checked on the name of the application that manages the Palm Hot Sync uploads and it is called instapp.exe which is the Install Tool (Not Hot Sync Mgr). Here is where it is located on my work computer (look where it says Address).

03a2f377-3fee-4bc7-92a8-00cdd0bd2d1a.jpg

Run the application and if there is anything waiting to be installed, select it and remove it and then try the CMConvert/Hot Sync process over again.

Note: Once you get this working, you can also use GSAK to prepare the Cachemate Hot Sync file (GSAK actually uses CMConvert behind the scenes).

RocketMan

I will try this when I get home.......It wont hurt to try....

Dear Smilinglady13,

There is a down-side to going paperless you know. As a farm girl you'll appreciate the problem so the question is -

If you go paperless what will you wipe with when out bushwhacking?

Trailgators knows for sure, he once answered this question correctly. ;)

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Dear Smilinglady13,

There is a down-side to going paperless you know. As a farm girl you'll appreciate the problem so the question is -

Trailgators knows for sure, he once answered this question correctly. ;)

Harmon

OH MY.......I did not even think of that!!! in the stress of going paperless.......I may have to reconsider my options here!!!!!!. But I ALWAYs carry proper material for a time such as that.......my daddy taught me well by going deer hunting, etc to help feed the family.

With your Palm of course.

;):huh: Unless I get my palm to work correctly in the caching dept I am going to depend on my soft stuff, paper or all kinds..........no poison oak or anything like that for me!!!!!

He didn't mean your electronic Palm! B)

I KNOW THAT.......but the other palms arent a working so well either.......keep messing up the electronic palm.........and are tired........too much typing today getting some reports done....... B););):)B):D

;)B) Unless I get my palm to work correctly in the caching dept I am going to depend on my soft stuff, paper or all kinds..........no poison oak or anything like that for me!!!!!

He didn't mean your electronic Palm! B)

I KNOW THAT.......but the other palms arent a working so well either.......keep messing up the electronic palm.........and are tired........too much typing today getting some reports done....... ;):):)B):D;)

Sorry 'bout that...I shoulda figured dat you knew which palm to use in that sitchy-a-tion! :huh:

;)B) Unless I get my palm to work correctly in the caching dept I am going to depend on my soft stuff, paper or all kinds..........no poison oak or anything like that for me!!!!!

He didn't mean your electronic Palm! ;)

I KNOW THAT.......but the other palms arent a working so well either.......keep messing up the electronic palm.........and are tired........too much typing today getting some reports done....... :):):DB):huh:B)

Sorry 'bout that...I shoulda figured dat you knew which palm to use in that sitchy-a-tion! B)

Aint using any palm I was born with.......or any purchased ones for that matter........ B):D;)

He didn't mean your electronic Palm! ;)

I KNOW THAT.......but the other palms arent a working so well either.......keep messing up the electronic palm.........and are tired........too much typing today getting some reports done....... :):):D:huh:B)B)

Sorry 'bout that...I shoulda figured dat you knew which palm to use in that sitchy-a-tion! B)

Aint using any palm I was born with.......or any purchased ones for that matter........ B):D;)

Hey! Where'd dat rascal go dat started dis hole dang palm thing? B)

A couple of pictures from Vegas:

On the strip (not Photoshopped)

harmon.jpg

RLCSpeaker after assimilation at Start Trek: The Experience (Photoshopped a little bit)

borgopassi.jpg

Harmon Ave., I know that place, the Hard Rock Cafe just south of the Alladin Hotel for example.

The odd part is that I've met only one other person that had "Harmon" as a first name. Got that name from a grandfather that I never met but served on one of the battleships of the "Great White Fleet" show-of-strength voyage.

Also I sure know about assimilation by the fabulous Geobabes. Recently I got my papers as the third Geobabe. Splashette called me the "cute one." Yikes!

Edited by SD Rowdies

For those of you who have been helping me in my lack of computer skills and knowledge........I THANK YOU, I think I have figured it out and will know for sure tonight. FINALLY.......I hope........am keeping my fingers crossed........if not I will be bringing my computer with a real long phone cord so you all can help me tomorrow.......of course i have my papers ready just in case.........I would like to get 47 finds tomorrow if possible..........:huh::lol::huh:B) B) B)

b8e588bb-65b9-459e-956a-97e759baab57.jpg

Excellent! now that's my idea of how the world could be much more interesting place. I've always maintained that the human race would be much more fleet afoot if we had to run for it more often. Things should pop up out of the earth and grab for us.

Of course it's like that now but only at the bacterial and microbial level.

Achoo! ... sorry, 'scuse me.

I agree very that's very cool Ahimsa! Good job!  :P

That's one of the few cases where I managed to get the lighting to match in both images! :D

Aha! lighting effects, there's another good Photoshop lesson somebody could write.

In this particular case, I just looked for an image with a matching light source. :P

That's one of the few cases where I managed to get the lighting to match in both images! :P

Aha! lighting effects, there's another good Photoshop lesson somebody could write.

In this particular case, I just looked for an image with a matching light source. :D

Duh, why haven't I ever thought of that? You be smart.

That's one of the few cases where I managed to get the lighting to match in both images! :P

In this particular case, I just looked for an image with a matching light source. :D

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :) but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :D )

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :) but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :D )

Twenty-two levels as I recall. We hunted for pieces for months to do that setup. Good gosh, we even spent some money for a few of the pieces.

That's one of the few cases where I managed to get the lighting to match in both images! :D

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :P but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :D )

Twenty-two levels as I recall. We hunted for pieces for months to do that setup. Good gosh, we even spent some money for a few of the pieces.

Twenty-two levels you say . . .

I wonder if that is some sort of record that needs to be equaled in the Forums . . . :)

I wonder if that is some sort of record that needs to be equaled in the Forums . . . :D

Hmm, what could you possibly have in mind? :P

I wonder if that is some sort of record that needs to be equaled in the Forums . . . :D

Uh, let me think.

I agree very that's very cool Ahimsa! Good job!  :D

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :) but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :P )

I wonder if that is some sort of record that needs to be equaled in the Forums . . . B)

Uh, let me think.

I wonder how many times you can quote posts in the Forums . . . ? :D

I agree very that's very cool Ahimsa! Good job!  :D

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :) but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :P )

I wonder if that is some sort of record that needs to be equaled in the Forums . . . B)

Uh, let me think.

Gosh, I don't know.

I agree very that's very cool Ahimsa! Good job!  :)

No, normally too lazy to go the extra mile :D but that photo was a bit more inspiring. (I left all those quotes in because it reminds me of a Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache I once found :D )

Uh, let me think.

Gosh, I don't know.

At least we don't have to bushwhack through the chamise for this . . . B)