San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Looks like we will have to change FATTBOYS name to Thumper 00020148.gif

329e8aa9-2971-42e2-9b56-4bacaff96171.jpg

:P My poor Thumper...first he gets kidnapped and caged and then John gives him poison oak... and now he's starts looking like Fattboy! You all in BIG trouble!!!!

Jodi, I bet you can't wait to get Thumper back... :unsure:

He may have to have surgery before she takes him back. In his present state she may not want him back 00020187.gif 00020175.gif

Now we want to hear about your misadventures. Possibly P.O.?

Definitely P.O. For as much trouble as it has caused, though, there is remarkably little to tell. (Which really sucks. If you're going to suffer this much, you ought to, at least, get a really good story out of it. :P )

ThePolarBear's new puzzle series has taken me to parts of Tecolote Canyon that I have never seen -- as well as parts that I hope I never see again. Somewhere in that process, I probably brushed up against dead plants (I was careful when I saw plants that still had leaves), got it all over my clothes and then sweated it through to far too many parts of my body. It's mostly faded now but for awhile, I could do a remarkably good impersonation of Fattboy's belly.

Definitely P.O. For as much trouble as it has caused, though, there is remarkably little to tell. (Which really sucks. If you're going to suffer this much, you ought to, at least, get a really good story out of it. :unsure: )

ThePolarBear's new puzzle series has taken me to parts of Tecolote Canyon that I have never seen -- as well as parts that I hope I never see again. Somewhere in that process, I probably brushed up against dead plants (I was careful when I saw plants that still had leaves), got it all over my clothes and then sweated it through to far too many parts of my body. It's mostly faded now but for awhile, I could do a remarkably good impersonation of Fattboy's belly.

I am really allegic to PO, so I know how you feel James. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :P

Did you know

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand ..

And "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand. (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?)

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?)

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out)

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

Now you know

Did you know

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand ..

And "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand. (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?)

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?)

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out)

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

Now you know

Thanks for sharing that! :D
:lol: I was racing to Neveda to rescue Thumper and I had a little accident. Do you think Slabydad can pull me out? Sorry John..do you have insurance? ;)

70b97b5f-d5ba-4dd7-ad5d-cb406fd2d547.jpg

Those are some pretty treacherous boulders you tried to get over... ;):laughing:

Now all we need is Harmon to put FATTBOY/Thumper in the drivers seat.

Pay backs are hell.

00020080.gif

:) I was racing to Neveda to rescue Thumper and I had a little accident. Do you think Slabydad can pull me out? Sorry John..do you have insurance? :D

Those are some pretty treacherous boulders you tried to get over... :):unsure:

Pay backs are hell.

00020080.gif

Thrown clear!

a2a858b6-5755-42a6-b6d7-32ae5e8294fb.jpg

Click it or ticket?

Edited by SD Rowdies
:antenna: I was racing to Neveda to rescue Thumper and I had a little accident. Do you think Slabydad can pull me out? Sorry John..do you have insurance? :laughing:

Those are some pretty treacherous boulders you tried to get over... :antenna::antenna:

Pay backs are hell.

00020080.gif

Thrown clear!

a2a858b6-5755-42a6-b6d7-32ae5e8294fb.jpg

Click it or ticket?

That will teach you, 000201BE.gif

Always wear your seatbelt.

I hope he wasn't hurt to bad. 0002016E.gif

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15 near MCAS Miramar. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching near the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and turned off. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked onto a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location. Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander.

Back came a reply in true USMC style: Thank you for the message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air to ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar was destroyed.

Thank you for your concern. Go Marines They know how to get it done. 0002010E.gif

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15 near MCAS Miramar. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching near the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and turned off. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked onto a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location. Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander.

Back came a reply in true USMC style: Thank you for the message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air to ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar was destroyed.

Thank you for your concern. Go Marines They know how to get it done. 0002010E.gif

:laughing: They should have fired the missile. One less speed trap. :antenna:

:laughing: They should have fired the missile. One less speed trap. :antenna:

I was thinking that we can speed with confidence by Miramar from now on... :antenna: Way to go Marines! :antenna:

;) They should have fired the missile. One less speed trap. :D

I was thinking that we can speed with confidence by Miramar from now on... ;) Way to go Marines! ;)

Just make sure there are Jets flying overhead and you should be safe. 00020069.gif

;) They should have fired the missile. One less speed trap. :D

I was thinking that we can speed with confidence by Miramar from now on... ;) Way to go Marines! ;)

Just make sure there are Jets flying overhead and you should be safe. 00020069.gif

Good point..

Definitely P.O. For as much trouble as it has caused, though, there is remarkably little to tell. (Which really sucks. If you're going to suffer this much, you ought to, at least, get a really good story out of it. :) )

I am really allegic to PO, so I know how you feel James. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :D

Alas, this tale of woe seems to have a Part B (or maybe it's Part II, whatever...)

In recent days, I've developed a fever and my ankle has swollen up like a balloon. Ms. LLOT and I spent four hours last night in Urgent Care making sure that it was not a blood clot. The good news is that it is not a clot. The bad news is that it's cellulitis -- a bacterial infection of the skin that can result from being too vigorous about scratching your itches. Having now experienced it firsthand, I can say that it is a heck of a lot better than having a blood clot but even so I really cannot recommend it. :huh:

Just a little more incentive for y'all take a look at those bushes before you whack them. Some of them whack back!

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Definitely P.O. For as much trouble as it has caused, though, there is remarkably little to tell. (Which really sucks. If you're going to suffer this much, you ought to, at least, get a really good story out of it. :) )

I am really allegic to PO, so I know how you feel James. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :D

Alas, this tale of woe seems to have a Part B (or maybe it's Part II, whatever...)

In recent days, I've developed a fever and my ankle has swollen up like a balloon. Ms. LLOT and I spent four hours last night in Urgent Care making sure that it was not a blood clot. The good news is that it is not a clot. The bad news is that it's cellulitis -- a bacterial infection of the skin that can result from being too vigorous about scratching your itches. Having now experienced it firsthand, I can say that it is a heck of a lot better than having a blood clot but even so I really cannot recommend it. :huh:

Just a little more incentive for y'all take a look at those bushes before you whack them. Some of them whack back!

Wow! I never knew that could happen. I've scratched until it bled, but it never did that. It's a little late now but I use some stuff called "Ivy Dry" that totally dries up PO in about 2-3 days. I hope you get better.

Definitely P.O. For as much trouble as it has caused, though, there is remarkably little to tell. (Which really sucks. If you're going to suffer this much, you ought to, at least, get a really good story out of it. :lol: )

I am really allegic to PO, so I know how you feel James. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :)

In recent days, I've developed a fever and my ankle has swollen up like a balloon. Ms. LLOT and I spent four hours last night in Urgent Care making sure that it was not a blood clot. The good news is that it is not a clot. The bad news is that it's cellulitis -- a bacterial infection of the skin that can result from being too vigorous about scratching your itches. Having now experienced it firsthand, I can say that it is a heck of a lot better than having a blood clot but even so I really cannot recommend it. :D

Wow! I never knew that could happen. I've scratched until it bled, but it never did that. It's a little late now but I use some stuff called "Ivy Dry" that totally dries up PO in about 2-3 days. I hope you get better.

:D Great, I curently have another case of PO (it's only in 5 places this time) so I can feel your pain James. I have never had cellulitis. Jodi took a picture of my last bout (only three weeks ago) of PO. Maybe she will post it. :huh:

A man and a woman who had never met before, but were both married to

other people, found them selves assigned to the same sleeping room on a

transcontinental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were

both very tired and fell asleep quickly... he in the upper bunk and she

in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned over and gently woke the woman saying,

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach

into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold."

"I have a better idea," she replied. "Just for tonight, let's

pretend that we're married."

"Wow! That's a great idea!" he exclaimed.

"Good," she replied. "Get your own dadgum blanket."

After a moment of silence, he farted.

icon_biggrin.gif

The doctors gave FATTBOY these exercises to do after his Pace Marker installation.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb.potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks. 00020148.gif

The doctors gave FATTBOY these exercises to do after his Pace Marker installation.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. [/size] Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb.potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks. 00020148.gif

:unsure::unsure:

:unsure: I was racing to Nevada to rescue Thumper and I had a little accident. Do you think Slabydad can pull me out? Sorry John..do you have insurance? :unsure:

I would gladly come out and help you anytime Jahoadi! Especially since you noticed my almost 40 pound weight loss :lol: ! Here is a pic of an FJ40 I had no problem getting back up! I do have the ultimate JEEP after all!

926be770-0bab-4bfb-b0e1-4ce65037b301.jpg

:unsure: I was racing to Nevada to rescue Thumper and I had a little accident. Do you think Slabydad can pull me out? Sorry John..do you have insurance? :lol:

I would gladly come out and help you anytime Jahoadi! Especially since you noticed my almost 40 pound weight loss :) ! Here is a pic of an FJ40 I had no problem getting back up! I do have the ultimate JEEP after all!

926be770-0bab-4bfb-b0e1-4ce65037b301.jpg

Hmmmmm..same kinds of accidents huh? :unsure: Thanks Tim...and you do look awesome and healthy and happy!!

Did you know:

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt". ? (Are you doubting this?)

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). (Yep, I knew you were going to "do" this one.)

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?)

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious." (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)

000201C7.gif

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt". ? (Are you doubting this?)

Yep.

"undreamt"

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?)

Yep. I doubting this one too. (Is it any wonder that I don't have many friends...?)

"annelidous"

Yep.

"undreamt"

How do you undreamt something 0002014F.gif

Far easer than you might think...

Everything that you have not dreamt of is undreamt of.

(It's like uncut. If you haven't cut it yet, it's uncut...)

I wonder if there is an official word committee that sits around all day and votes for these goofy words.... Edited by TrailGators
A president of his homeowners association in a Dallas, Texas suburb was having a terrible problem with litter near some of his association's homes. The reason is that six very large, luxurious new houses are being built right next to their community.

The trash was coming from the Mexican laborers working at the construction sites and included bags from McDonald's, Burger King and 7-11, plus coffee cups, napkins, cigarette butts, coke cans, empty bottles, etc. He went to see the site supervisor and even the general contractor, politely urging them to get their workers not to litter the neighborhood, to no avail. He called the city, county, and police and got no help there either.

So here's what his community did. They organized about twenty folks, named themselves The 'Inner Neighborhood Services' group and arranged to go out at lunch time and 'police' the trash themselves. It is what they did while picking up the trash that is so hilarious.

They bought navy blue baseball caps and had the initials 'INS' embroidered in gold on the caps.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what they hoped people might mistakenly think the letters really stand for.

After the Inner Neighborhood Services group's first lunch time pickup detail, with all of them wearing their caps and some carrying cameras, 46 out of the total of 68 construction workers did not show up for work the next morning -- and haven't come back yet.

It has been ten days now. The General Contractor, I'm told, is madder than hell, but can't say anything publicly because he could be busted for hiring illegal aliens. Wallace and his bunch can't be accused of impersonating federal personnel, because they have the official name of the group recorded in their homeowner association minutes along with a notation about the vote to approve formation of the new subcommittee -- and besides, they informed the INS in advance of their plans and according to Wallace, the INS said basically, 'Have at it!'

SO, I THINK YOU COULD SAY THAT TEXAS INGENUITY TRIUMPHS AGAIN!

***************** Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes.......

12 million illegal aliens are depending on you.

00020150.gif 00020148.gif

:):huh:

:(:(:(:)

I first heard this one when I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC in 1987. (It involved the SC State Police and State Highway 17, which runs past the base).

Edited by Ken Prescott

I first heard this one when I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC in 1987. (It involved the SC State Police and State Highway 17, which runs past the base).

And that's real story

And that's real story

What a Party Pooper... :D

The Dutch have done it again!

5ec61e5d-8d75-4a76-bb53-39520ffb5ff4.jpg

The Fietscafe is a mobile pub, for groups up to 17 people per bike, who can transport themselves by moving the pedals. Not all guests do have to cycle; the Fietscafe® is provided with 10 freewheels, so you can change seats from time to time. You need a sober driver and of course, the best bartender looks after the beer and drinks.

Looks like the perfect vehicle for an SDCET expedition to Coronado and the Strand!

(To find out more, here's the link: Fietscafe)

I realize that there is a forum for Garage sale but I wanted to post this here to see if anyone was interested. I was at Walmart yesterday and picked up a Magellan Explorist 500 on clearance for 74 dollars plus tax which made the total $79.74 out the door. I am looking to pick up a quick 26 cents profit so I will sell it to any San Diego area cacher that wants it for $80. I prefer to just meet somewhere and make the transaction so I don't have to wrap and mail it. If anyone is interested then let me know. I live in Spring Valley.

The Dutch have done it again!

5ec61e5d-8d75-4a76-bb53-39520ffb5ff4.jpg

The Fietscafe is a mobile pub, for groups up to 17 people per bike, who can transport themselves by moving the pedals. Not all guests do have to cycle; the Fietscafe® is provided with 10 freewheels, so you can change seats from time to time. You need a sober driver and of course, the best bartender looks after the beer and drinks.

Looks like the perfect vehicle for an SDCET expedition to Coronado and the Strand!

(To find out more, here's the link: Fietscafe)

That's funny. I guess they'd have to pedal really fast whenever they need to find the head... :drama: Edited by TrailGators
Anyone know why demon666 is picking up all of his caches on the hill off of proctor valley road?

:lol: Not just those..he removed or disabled ALL his caches in the South Bay! What's up with that? Didn't you guys make him feel welcome down there? Bummer...

There's a note on one or more of his disabled caches. Don't know the details.

Anyone know why demon666 is picking up all of his caches on the hill off of proctor valley road?

:lol: Not just those..he removed or disabled ALL his caches in the South Bay! What's up with that? Didn't you guys make him feel welcome down there? Bummer...

I sent him an e-mail asking hin to reconsider when I saw they were disabled but now most of them have been archived.

?????????

I sent him an e-mail asking hin to reconsider when I saw they were disabled but now most of them have been archived.

?????????

:D

I actually went out to find the new ones off Proctor Valley Rd. this morning and after I couldn't find the first one called Jack and he informed me they had been archived and he had picked them up. Evidently someone complained or offered too much criticism and he got tired of it. I sent him a note asking him to reconsider. I think we need to be careful of being critical of others caches and particularly newbees. :lol: