San Diego Banter

TrailGators

I just used some of my Harmon taught Photoshop skills recently on the photo below. This was taken a few weeks ago at my daughter's high school graduation. The photo of us was taken right after my daughter's graduation ceremony down on the football field. There were a bunch of people in the background, so I removed us from that background and reinserted us into another shot that I took from the bleachers during the ceremony. I wanted to get the "2007" in the photo and I thought it would be cool to get my daughter in the photo again. So if you look to the left of her head you can see her standing in the front row. My oldest son was studying for his finals up at college and couldn't make it down. So I added him on the far right. Anyhow, this is the complete set of TrailGators! It's a rarity to be able to get us in the same photo and if it wasn't for Photoshop we wouldn't have been together for this one. My youngest son, who is ducking down in front of me was with me when I found my first cache. They have all found caches with me at one time or another. My daughter was the last one to accompany me on a hunt. Anyhow, thanks again Harmon for teaching me how to use Photoshop! It has come in handy! :P

78901ffc-2849-4891-b035-02518e9a51f1.jpg

Great looking family! But who's that geeky looking guy on the top left? :P

:) I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! :P I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. ;)
I just used some of my Harmon taught Photoshop skills recently on the photo below. This was taken a few weeks ago at my daughter's high school graduation. The photo of us was taken right after my daughter's graduation ceremony down on the football field. There were a bunch of people in the background, so I removed us from that background and reinserted us into another shot that I took from the bleachers during the ceremony. I wanted to get the "2007" in the photo and I thought it would be cool to get my daughter in the photo again. So if you look to the left of her head you can see her standing in the front row. My oldest son was studying for his finals up at college and couldn't make it down. So I added him on the far right. Anyhow, this is the complete set of TrailGators! It's a rarity to be able to get us in the same photo and if it wasn't for Photoshop we wouldn't have been together for this one. My youngest son, who is ducking down in front of me was with me when I found my first cache. They have all found caches with me at one time or another. My daughter was the last one to accompany me on a hunt. Anyhow, thanks again Harmon for teaching me how to use Photoshop! It has come in handy! :P

Great looking family! But who's that geeky looking guy on the top left? :)

:P I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! :D I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. ;)

I'm not sure I understand this metaphor. My best guess is that your kids walk right over you... :P:)

;) I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! :) I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. :P

Well, I dunno..........you photoshop guys didn't erase the huge glare coming off something in the upper left hand corner!!! :):D

I just used some of my Harmon taught Photoshop skills recently on the photo below. This was taken a few weeks ago at my daughter's high school graduation. The photo of us was taken right after my daughter's graduation ceremony down on the football field. There were a bunch of people in the background, so I removed us from that background and reinserted us into another shot that I took from the bleachers during the ceremony. I wanted to get the "2007" in the photo and I thought it would be cool to get my daughter in the photo again. So if you look to the left of her head you can see her standing in the front row. My oldest son was studying for his finals up at college and couldn't make it down. So I added him on the far right. Anyhow, this is the complete set of TrailGators! It's a rarity to be able to get us in the same photo and if it wasn't for Photoshop we wouldn't have been together for this one. My youngest son, who is ducking down in front of me was with me when I found my first cache. They have all found caches with me at one time or another. My daughter was the last one to accompany me on a hunt. Anyhow, thanks again Harmon for teaching me how to use Photoshop! It has come in handy! :)

;) I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! :D I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. :P

Well, I dunno..........you photoshop guys didn't erase the huge glare coming off something in the upper left hand corner!!! :):D

The lightbulb inside is so bright that it leaks out sometimes... :P Edited by TrailGators

I just used some of my Harmon taught Photoshop skills recently on the photo below. This was taken a few weeks ago at my daughter's high school graduation. The photo of us was taken right after my daughter's graduation ceremony down on the football field. There were a bunch of people in the background, so I removed us from that background and reinserted us into another shot that I took from the bleachers during the ceremony. I wanted to get the "2007" in the photo and I thought it would be cool to get my daughter in the photo again. So if you look to the left of her head you can see her standing in the front row. My oldest son was studying for his finals up at college and couldn't make it down. So I added him on the far right. Anyhow, this is the complete set of TrailGators! It's a rarity to be able to get us in the same photo and if it wasn't for Photoshop we wouldn't have been together for this one. My youngest son, who is ducking down in front of me was with me when I found my first cache. They have all found caches with me at one time or another. My daughter was the last one to accompany me on a hunt. Anyhow, thanks again Harmon for teaching me how to use Photoshop! It has come in handy! ;)

Great looking family! But who's that geeky looking guy on the top left? :)

:D I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! :P I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. :P

Well, I dunno..........you photoshop guys didn't erase the huge glare coming off something in the upper left hand corner!!! :P:D

The lightbulb inside is so bright that it leaks out sometimes... :)

I tried to take care of that glare but it blew out my monitor.

I just used some of my Harmon taught Photoshop skills recently on the photo below. This was taken a few weeks ago at my daughter's high school graduation. The photo of us was taken right after my daughter's graduation ceremony down on the football field. There were a bunch of people in the background, so I removed us from that background and reinserted us into another shot that I took from the bleachers during the ceremony. I wanted to get the "2007" in the photo and I thought it would be cool to get my daughter in the photo again. So if you look to the left of her head you can see her standing in the front row. My oldest son was studying for his finals up at college and couldn't make it down. So I added him on the far right. Anyhow, this is the complete set of TrailGators! It's a rarity to be able to get us in the same photo and if it wasn't for Photoshop we wouldn't have been together for this one. My youngest son, who is ducking down in front of me was with me when I found my first cache. They have all found caches with me at one time or another. My daughter was the last one to accompany me on a hunt. Anyhow, thanks again Harmon for teaching me how to use Photoshop! It has come in handy! B)

Great looking family! But who's that geeky looking guy on the top left? :ph34r:

:grin: I've never seen Pat without a hat on. Great looking family!!! Congrats to your daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Thanks, I'll tell Alyssa and the family that you guys said that! B) I won't tell the "geeky looking guy" what y'all said. Just remember that grass doesn't grow on a busy street. ;)

Well, I dunno..........you photoshop guys didn't erase the huge glare coming off something in the upper left hand corner!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

The lightbulb inside is so bright that it leaks out sometimes... :P

There is a cruel streak in many of you that I haven't seen before. . . I like that. [:D]

There is a cruel streak in many of you that I haven't seen before. . . I like that. [:ph34r:]

Hmmm...so many questions...

Was it that you just weren't looking before?

Was there a cruel streak that you had seen in some of us before?

Was it that we had not exhibited a cruel streak (hard to believe, yes, but I'm trying to be thorough and consider all possibilities) until faced with a photograph of a wholesome all-American family?

And...what about Naomi? (Honk if you know that reference...)

There is a cruel streak in many of you that I haven't seen before. . . I like that. [:ph34r:]

O sure, look who was talking on the "This just in" thread.

dcd051ab-ff46-478a-8bb1-d4d72e38626b.jpg

Your eyes haven't changed Harmon, but what the heck happened to everything else? :ph34r: I'm tempted to add a pair of devil horns, but I'm sure someone else will take care of that :ph34r:

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Edited by SD Rowdies

There is a cruel streak in many of you that I haven't seen before. . . I like that. [ :grin: ]

O sure, look who's talking.

Your eyes haven't changed Harmon, but what the heck happened to everything else? :ph34r: I'm tempted to add a pair of devil horns, but I'm sure someone else will take care of that :ph34r:

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Hey! I resemble that remark! :ph34r:

There is a cruel streak in many of you that I haven't seen before. . . I like that. [ :grin: ]

O sure, look who was talking on the "This just in" thread.

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Hey! I resemble that remark! :ph34r:

But ... do you love me?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Well, I dunno..........you photoshop guys didn't erase the huge glare coming off something in the upper left hand corner!!! :ph34r::ph34r:
The lightbulb inside is so bright that it leaks out sometimes... ;)

Why I oughta! :grin: I know how to fix that problem with your help.... :ph34r:

e16a231f-17cd-4eea-ad5b-d7811ba24ced.jpg

Edited by TrailGators
<snip to remove that awful picture . . . >

But ... do you love me?

Being the charitable person I am, I certainly forgive you your trespasses. I have a big heart. You never have to worry about me. No need to look over your shoulder as you are caching in the wild places. The bush rustling is just the wind . . . . By the way, what kind of vehicle do you usually drive?

<snip to remove that awful picture . . . >

But ... do you love me?

Being the charitable person I am, I certainly forgive you your trespasses. I have a big heart. You never have to worry about me. No need to look over your shoulder as you are caching in the wild places. The bush rustling is just the wind . . . . By the way, what kind of vehicle do you usually drive?

Yikes! see how it is ... in the olden days you couldn't get a gal to go into the bushes with you. With Geocaching y' can't go in without them. Next thing I know they'll be using the same bush for ... you know.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:

" Dr. Jones, at your cervix."

In a Podiatrist's office:

"Time wounds all heels."

On a Septic Tank Truck in Oregon :

"Yesterday's Meals on Wheels"

On another Septic Tank Truck:

"We're #1 in the #2 business"

At a Proctologist's door:

"To expedite your visit please back in."

On a Plumber's truck:

"We repair what your husband fixed."

On another Plumber's truck:

"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber..."

On a Church's Billboard:

"7 days without God makes one weak."

At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :

"Invite us to your next blowout."

On a Plastic Surgeon's Office door:

"Hello. Can we pick your nose?"

At a Towing company:

"We don't charge an arm and a leg.

We want tows."

On an Electrician's truck:

"Let us remove your shorts."

In a Non- smoking Area:

"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

On a Maternity Room door:

"Push. Push. Push."

At an Optometrist's Office :

"If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."

On a Taxidermist's window:

"We really know our stuff."

On a Fence:

"Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive!"

At a Car Dealership:

"The best way to get back on your feet...

miss a car payment."

Outside a Muffler Shop:

Speaking of Photoshop ... anybody else using Photoshop CS3 and Bridge CS3?

I tracked CS3 through beta-test and then upgraded to a released version once available. I'm very pleased with the many new and improved goodies offered. Looks like I can do some serious harm to Geocaching photos with the new features.

Just wondering what level of interest there is in the new release.

Edited by SD Rowdies

A very self-important college freshman attending a recent football

game, took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one,"

the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. Our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light speed processing and," pausing to take another drink of beer. The Senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young . . . so we invented them.

Now, you arrogant little twit, what are you doing for the next generation?" The applause was resounding...

I love senior citizens. They say it like it is.

Two Raiders fans boarded a flight out of Oakland for San Diego. One sat in the window seat, the other sat in the middle seat. Just before take-off, a Chargers fan got on and took the aisle seat next to the Raiders fans. He kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Raiders fan in the window seat said "I'll think I'll get up and get a coke."

"No problem said the Chargers fan, "I'll get it for you." While he was gone, the Raiders fan picked up the Chargers fan's shoe and spit in it. When he returned with the coke, the other Raiders fan said "That looks good, I think I'll have one too."

Again, the Chargers fan obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone, the Raiders fan picked up the other shoe and spit in it. When the Chargers fan returned they all sat back and enjoyed the flight to San Diego.

As the plane was landing, the Chargers fan slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. "How long must this go on?" the Chargers fan fumed. "This hostility between our peoples? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and peeing in cokes."

Two Raiders fans boarded a flight out of Oakland for San Diego. One sat in the window seat, the other sat in the middle seat. Just before take-off, a Chargers fan got on and took the aisle seat next to the Raiders fans. He kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Raiders fan in the window seat said "I'll think I'll get up and get a coke."

"No problem said the Chargers fan, "I'll get it for you." While he was gone, the Raiders fan picked up the Chargers fan's shoe and spit in it. When he returned with the coke, the other Raiders fan said "That looks good, I think I'll have one too."

Again, the Chargers fan obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone, the Raiders fan picked up the other shoe and spit in it. When the Chargers fan returned they all sat back and enjoyed the flight to San Diego.

As the plane was landing, the Chargers fan slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. "How long must this go on?" the Chargers fan fumed. "This hostility between our peoples? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and peeing in cokes."

B):ph34r:

It's been a long time since I've heard this one, but then again it had a long way to travel from where I heard it. When I heard it, the two teams were Celtics and Rangers, the drink was Bovril and it wasn't spit that went into the shoes (but it was something that rhymed with "spit")... :(

Honk if you know where I was... B)

B):ph34r:

It's been a long time since I've heard this one, but then again it had a long way to travel from where I heard it. When I heard it, the two teams were Celtics and Rangers, the drink was Bovril and it wasn't spit that went into the shoes (but it was something that rhymed with "spit")... :(

Honk if you know where I was... B)

Actually, I altered the joke from the Packers and the Vikings version that I originally heard (Of course the Packer fan sat in the aisle seat in that version B) ). It was also definitely spit in the version that I heard. Also, I'm having a hard time connecting a basketball team in Boston with a hockey team in New York or even a baseball team in Texas, but Bovril is a British drink. So I would guess that those must have been Rugby teams and you were in England.... B) Edited by TrailGators

AAADD- KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....PLEASE READ!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.

Somehow I feel better,even though I have it!!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway,

I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage,

I notice mail on the porch table that

I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table,

put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table,

and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back

on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think,

since I'm going to be near the mailbox

when I take out the garbage anyway,

I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table,

and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study,

so I go inside the house to my desk where

I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks,

but first I need to push the Coke aside

so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm,

and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke,

a vase of flowers on the counter

catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Coke on the counter and

discover my reading glasses that

I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk,

but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter,

fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote.

Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,

I'll be looking for the remote,

but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table,

so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs,

but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers,

but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table,

get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to

remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter

the flowers don't have enough water,

there is still only 1 check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,

I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all dadgum day,

and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem,

and I'll try to get some help for it,

but first I'll check my e-mail....

Edited by TrailGators

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

But then I think,

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I'm really tired.

Sadly, I understand this all too well. :laughing:

But then I think,

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I'm really tired.

Sadly, I understand this all too well. :laughing:

I can't remember if I've had days like this or not...

Status report on Photoshop Lesson No. 16. Color Correction and Sharpening using Lab Color Mode

A. Lesson outline completed

B. Introduction and Description sections completed.

C. Example images have been chosen

Tomorrow is a Geobabe run so will get to the Procedure and Remarks sections next session.

If you are interested in this lesson please acknowledge and also mention what Photoshop version you have.

Harmon

If you are interested in this lesson please acknowledge and also mention what Photoshop version you have. Harmon
Interested! :D I have CS2 on one PC and Elements on another.

Hmm, guess that takes care of it Pat. Landslide reaction huh?

Sorry, I missed your original post!

I'm interested!

Photoshop7 at the office, CS2 on my laptop!

Bring on the lessons!

(I linked this thread to my UOP class that I told you about...maybe we will get some classmates here as well!)

Well Harmon, I'm glad to see that C4 is interested. I thought for sure that LLOT would be interested. I know RM is interested but I don't know how often he checks these threads now that he is a moderator. Anyhow, we have too many lurkers. Maybe you should have some Photoshop fun with anybody caught lurking. Maybe that would get them interested! ;):D

If you are interested in this lesson please acknowledge and also mention what Photoshop version you have. Harmon
Interested! :blink: I have CS2 on one PC and Elements on another.

Well, do I get brownie points if I'm interested - but don't have Photoshop?? :laughing: I work all my magic (ha!) with Paint and MS Word. Some day I'll have access to a primo program like Photoshop (or even Elements) and THEN I'll show 'em!! :unsure:

Well, do I get brownie points if I'm interested - but don't have Photoshop?? :laughing: I work all my magic (ha!) with Paint and MS Word. Some day I'll have access to a primo program like Photoshop (or even Elements) and THEN I'll show 'em!! :unsure:

Everybody welcomed, I call it a landslide. I'll bear down on the final part of the lesson. Thanks.

Well Harmon, I'm glad to see that C4 is interested. I thought for sure that LLOT would be interested. I know RM is interested but I don't know how often he checks these threads now that he is a moderator. Anyhow, we have too many lurkers. Maybe you should have some Photoshop fun with anybody caught lurking. Maybe that would get them interested! :unsure::laughing:

I am interested. Just haven't much time to say so... Count me in...

Status report on Photoshop Lesson No. 16. Color Correction and Sharpening using Lab Color Mode

Tomorrow is a Geobabe run so will get to the Procedure and Remarks sections next session.

If you are interested in this lesson please acknowledge and also mention what Photoshop version you have.

Harmon

I'm a bit short on time but interested. I have CS2

Everybody welcomed, I call it a landslide. I'll bear down on the final part of the lesson. Thanks.

Thanks Harmon! Now you have 5 interested students so far.... :huh:

Harmon

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'll get schooled by ya! But why do I need to learn this stuff when you are so good about just doing it for me for free? :laughing:

Thanks for the magic lessons... If you ask me, its all magic...

Harmon

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'll get schooled by ya! But why do I need to learn this stuff when you are so good about just doing it for me for free? :laughing:

Hmm, I was afraid somebody would be smart enough to notice that.

Harmon

Magic lessons? Do we need wands and cauldrons?

I just acquired a copy of CS2, either way I'm interested.

Lesson 16 is coming along nicely. It's going to be a three-part extravaganza.

Prepare yourself for some surprises. Start now by reviewing all of the

features and controls of the Layers Pallet and the Channels Pallet.

Also introduce yourself to the Information Pallet.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Sounds like this lesson will very palatable.... :(

Sounds like this lesson will very palatable.... :(

Arf! Arf! Arf!

Lesson 16, Part 1 is ready for release along with the previously completed Introduction and Discussion sections. Of course I'll finish the other two parts before posting the lesson.

Part one looks pretty darned good even if I say so myself. As a hands-on introduction to color-correction and sharpening using Lab color mode it will surely please participants with their results. My guess is that the lesson will boost the image-editing skill of participants.