San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Supposedly 42 minutes to fall through the hole! :D:o:o
All these years I thought we'd end up in China. So much for those cartoons we watched when we were kids... ;)
Yeah . . . I was really disappointed that the other side would not be in some little Mandarin village! :P

It's actually a good thing, then, that it's hard to dig a hole all the way through the earth. The last thing we need around here is the entire Indian Ocean draining into Mission Valley... :(:D

Supposedly 42 minutes to fall through the hole! :D:D:o
All these years I thought we'd end up in China. So much for those cartoons we watched when we were kids... ;)
Yeah . . . I was really disappointed that the other side would not be in some little Mandarin village! :o

It's actually a good thing, then, that it's hard to dig a hole all the way through the earth. The last thing we need around here is the entire Indian Ocean draining into Mission Valley... :P:(

That's actually really cool. I just did North Pole....ended up in South Pole. Imagine that! :D

Supposedly 42 minutes to fall through the hole! :o:(:(
All these years I thought we'd end up in China. So much for those cartoons we watched when we were kids... :P
Yeah . . . I was really disappointed that the other side would not be in some little Mandarin village! :o

It's actually a good thing, then, that it's hard to dig a hole all the way through the earth. The last thing we need around here is the entire Indian Ocean draining into Mission Valley... <_<:anitongue:

That's actually really cool. I just did North Pole....ended up in South Pole. Imagine that! :angry:

Here's a related question about Mother Earth. How fast is it, are we, traveling through space?

Supposedly 42 minutes to fall through the hole! :anitongue:<_<:angry:
All these years I thought we'd end up in China. So much for those cartoons we watched when we were kids... :P
Yeah . . . I was really disappointed that the other side would not be in some little Mandarin village! :(

It's actually a good thing, then, that it's hard to dig a hole all the way through the earth. The last thing we need around here is the entire Indian Ocean draining into Mission Valley... :o:o

That's actually really cool. I just did North Pole....ended up in South Pole. Imagine that! :(

Here's a related question about Mother Earth. How fast is it, are we, traveling through space?

7335538c-ccc2-4461-aeb3-fa2292b7a3af.jpg

As Einstein might have said, "It's all relative..." As Trailgator's response demonstrates, the answer depends upon your frame of reference.

There's a principle of science that says that the simplest model is usually the best choice. Thus, to answer the question "how fast am I traveling through space?", I choose an LLOT-centric reference. The answer is invariably "Zero". (The units don't matter in this case...) The question of "how fast are you travelling through space" in this frame of reference is a little more complicated since, at any given instant of time, the answer is highly variable. Averaged over time, however, this answer is also converges on "Zero". :anibad:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

As Einstein might have said, "It's all relative..." As Trailgator's response demonstrates, the answer depends upon your frame of reference.

There's a principle of science that says that the simplest model is usually the best choice. Thus, to answer the question "how fast am I traveling through space?", I choose an LLOT-centric reference. The answer is invariably "Zero". (The units don't matter in this case...) The question of "how fast are you travelling through space" in this frame of reference is a little more complicated since, at any given instant of time, the answer is highly variable. Averaged over time, however, this answer is also converges on "Zero". :anibad:

Yeah, and the world is flat too.

Yeah, and the world is flat too.

Anyone who has spent any time chasing T.R.Violin through MTRP knows that ain't true!

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off' - (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on) and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is another galloping horse. Both horses are also traveling at the same speed as you.

What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

For the answer CLICK and DRAG your mouse from star to star.

* Get your drunk a** off the merry-go-round*

Time to bump this thread.

abd27f11-260f-4ec7-a8a7-28a3c9a0b146.jpg

Watch out for falling cows :);)

Must be some where around where Rocket Man lives. :P

:cry: They could sure use this sign here in Nevada... ;)

Ya but it would have a picture of a Geocacher (named John)

WATCH OUT FOR FALLING GEOCACHERS :):P:)

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off' - (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on) and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is another galloping horse. Both horses are also traveling at the same speed as you.

In my experience, the drop off would be on the right side and the fire truck on the left...

More geeky nitpicking below. It'll be best for all of us if you just ignore it...

Technically, while the fire truck has the same angular velocity as your car, it is actually travelling at a lower speed.

In my experience, the drop off would be on the right side and the fire truck on the left...

More geeky nitpicking below. It'll be best for all of us if you just ignore it...

Technically, while the fire truck has the same angular velocity as your car, it is actually travelling at a lower speed.

I think someone was riding backwards for some reason... :cry:

Maybe he's drunk? :laughing:

How long should I wait before I archieve my Event Caches.

I was thinking of waiting for RICHARD to log them in. B)

But then again :rolleyes: that could be awhile B)

I think a couple of months or when Richard logs is a good idea.

:blink::blink: Ouch! Does Richard read the forums? I need another puzzle run Duganrm..when can you go??????

We're jest kidding! I think Richard has found every puzzle. Anyhow, I have a bunch of solved but not found puzzles but they are up north... :mad:

b98eb8bc-b9f7-4a15-928b-bb8de2f1be74.jpg

If I am just my dogs guardian and not his owner, I want him to start helping around the house more...like picking up his poop and doing the dishes.

While "flushing his own toilet" may not be out of the question, doing the dishes might be hard, given that paws don't have opposable thumbs. Reminds me of the joke about dogs not being able to make a fist . . . but that's another story . . .

Edited by Snake & Rooster

Poaching a quote from another thread...

Geocachers could move as a group along the route while staring down at their GPS and proceed to run into curbs, bounce off telephone poles, etc.

Speaking of which...are all of our cachers accounted for?

I saw this near work the other day. You can't really see it in the photo but there used to be a chain link fence about 4 feet behind the guardrail. After that it's a short downhill drop to the 805... ;) Also of note is the complete absence of any skid marks...

Would have been impressive to see...

7e0930e5-47fd-4375-9232-ca810e2b4ee3.jpg

Geocachers could move as a group along the route while staring down at their GPS and proceed to run into curbs, bounce off telephone poles, etc.

I saw this near work the other day. You can't really see it in the photo but there used to be a chain link fence about 4 feet behind the guardrail. After that it's a short downhill drop to the 805... ;) Also of note is the complete absence of any skid marks...

Isn't that Spam Haiku in the background? Now THAT cache would make most sane people drive thru guardrails!

Isn't that Spam Haiku in the background? Now THAT cache would make most sane people drive thru guardrails!

As a matter of fact...

Well wasn't really sure to post except I knew I need to get to the general San Diegans. I own two caches in Marian Bear Canyon in Clairemont and I am moving in the beginning of June, around the 6th. I didn't want to archive the caches because they are in really good spots and the one has a really cool container that I think people will like.

I was wondering if any of you would be so gracious enough to adopt my caches, they are literally only about .15 away from each other in the canyon and only a short walk to them. The links to them are these Helping Hand This cache has a really cool cache container. The second one is Cougars Stash This is just a really nice view. If anyone of you want to adopt them please let me know, I will check back here everyonce in awhile but the best bet would be to e-mail through my profile or just directly through my e-mail which is nameless301@yahoo.com

For those that want to adopt it please let me know, and also let me know how because I am not quite sure of the adoption process. For those that do want to adopt it I will take a hike down in the canyon with you to show you where the caches are and everything. Thank you and have a good day.

Well wasn't really sure to post except I knew I need to get to the general San Diegans. I own two caches in Marian Bear Canyon in Clairemont and I am moving in the beginning of June, around the 6th. I didn't want to archive the caches because they are in really good spots and the one has a really cool container that I think people will like.

I was wondering if any of you would be so gracious enough to adopt my caches, they are literally only about .15 away from each other in the canyon and only a short walk to them. The links to them are these Helping Hand This cache has a really cool cache container. The second one is Cougars Stash This is just a really nice view. If anyone of you want to adopt them please let me know, I will check back here everyonce in awhile but the best bet would be to e-mail through my profile or just directly through my e-mail which is nameless301@yahoo.com

For those that want to adopt it please let me know, and also let me know how because I am not quite sure of the adoption process. For those that do want to adopt it I will take a hike down in the canyon with you to show you where the caches are and everything. Thank you and have a good day.

I am sure you will get some takers. Adoption is easy. Just use this link: www.geocaching.com/adopt

At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07.

This will never happen again... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

What about 03:04:05 06/07/08 or 04:05:06 07/08/09 etc? - seems like an annual event for a little while, until, say... 09:10:11 12/13/14 (for those who like to sleep at night :D )

At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07.

This will never happen again... :anicute::grin::grin:

What about 03:04:05 06/07/08 or 04:05:06 07/08/09 etc? - seems like an annual event for a little while, until, say... 09:10:11 12/13/14 (for those who like to sleep at night :wub: )

:anicute: How about 3:14:15? We could celebrate PI time everyday! :anicute: