San Diego Banter

TrailGators

How To Clean Your Toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

73cc20b1-c6ee-429c-8e74-8885bd5b4a50.jpg

Sincerely,

The Dog

8d71c4ad-2176-4eeb-8039-de1ba6e06044.jpg

Thanks TrailGators, I was bored during my UNIX class and decided to browse the forums and I came to this post. It had the expected result and my instructor and everyone else in the class wondered what was so funny about writing scripts. I guess that will teach me to pay attention in class.

Just for everyones info I was at "The Gateway" off of Sloan Canyon Rd. and was approached by the Syquan Tribal Police and told that this entire area is on private property. He was very nice about it but had to ask me to leave. He said it is all private property up until you see the wildlife boundry or fish and game signs.

Just for everyones info I was at "The Gateway" off of Sloan Canyon Rd. and was approached by the Syquan Tribal Police and told that this entire area is on private property. He was very nice about it but had to ask me to leave. He said it is all private property up until you see the wildlife boundry or fish and game signs.

Can anyone confirm this territory? I would hate to be on the wrong side myself..

Can anyone confirm this territory? I would hate to be on the wrong side myself..

--edit

Did Sycuan purchase some of the land?

TA

edit--

Edited by Team Adelos

I have a huge aerial map and it shows private property along Sloan Canyon Road, but up near McGinty it's not private. There is one section that juts down and touches the road. I assumed this was where Chuck's cache was. It appears "Birds" is the first safe cache. Anything to the east is on private property. The public land touches Sloan Canyon Rd just past Model T Road. Model T Road is private. It looks like there is a trail going up to Mcginty on the public land past Model T Road...I guess we could scope it out. All the others west seem ok... I'll show ya the map next time I see you. r/ jodi

Edited by jahoadi and john

Sounds like a visit to Sycuan tribal offices is in order to clarify things.

I faintly recall seeing a wildlife-area sign along the trail between "It Gets Steeper ..." and "Rats!" caches, actually nearer Rats! or even just beyond. Trouble is that I'm not very sure about my recollection.

Going in from Model A Ford is not very likely, that's a very steep and rugged canyon that's heavily overgrown. Looking down into that canyon from above also gives the impression that it is very private with a couple of very large and secluded homes.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Just past the Gateway cache eastward off Sloan Canyon Rd is another trail that goes up and meets up with the Gateway trail. That trail has what appears to be a legal opening in the fence. Problem is there is no parking nearby; you'd have to park off the road by the bridge and walk over. There is a second gate about 100 feet up from this gate - a rusted bar - to prevent vehicles from going up, but there are no warning signs on either areas.

One thing for sure, there are no wildlife boundary signs on the way up or when you top out.

If you look to the SSE from the Gateway cache, you will see a sign about 200 yards away. That sign and others along this perimeter are no-tresspassing signs facing away - as if to notify hikers coming down the hill that this area down below is private property.

Any ideas where I can find good caches

Mostly, haqre n ebpx

But seriously, try this: San Diego Consensus Favorites

And if you need more good caches, be aware that there are numerous "personal favorites" bookmark lists. You can find at least three of these personal lists on any cache page that shows up on the Consensus Favorites list.

Good point James. Also if anybody knows of any SD cache that is on at least 3 personal favorite bookmark lists and is not on the SD Favorites list, please let me know and I'll add it!

NBA OR NFL?

have been accused of spousal abuse

have been arrested for fraud

have been accuse! d of writing bad checks

have directly ! or indir ectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

have done time for assault

repeat

cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

have been arrested on drug-related charges

have been arrested for shoplifting

currently

are defendants in lawsuits, and

have been arrested for drunk driving

in

the last year

Can

you guess which organization this is?

Give

up yet? . . . Scroll down,

Neither,

it's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group of Idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

AND THEY JUST VOTED THEMSELVES $15,000 PER MONTH PENSION FOR LIFE AFTER SERVING ONLY ONE TERM IN CONGRESS!!

it's the 535 members of the United States Congress

Don't knock it! It's good work if you can get it... :D

But I'm still holding out for a CEO position in the corporate world (Home Depot, Lucent, etc.) where you can run a company into the ground and then they pay you $10 million to go away.

Heck, I'd even do the job for half that amount. :D

:D:D

But isn't it amazing how these jokers won't do anything to fix Social Security or stop the millions of illegals from pouring across our borders but they will quickly vote to take care of their own retirement. :D

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with the PQ's????

It runs just fine but doesn't show up in the e-mail so you can download it.

Two of us tried it 3 times yesterday and once today, still nada.

Splashette :P

I believe they are experiencing problems with the email system in general, including PQ's and notifications. It's not just the geobabes that are affected. :o

I believe they are experiencing problems with the email system in general, including PQ's and notifications. It's not just the geobabes that are affected. :o

I submitted a new PQ early this morning and still have not gotten anything back. So there does seem to be an issue. I ran a few PQs the other day and it was working fine.....Hopefully they get it figured out before the weekend otherwise I will be doing it the old-fashioned way... :P

Edit: I just got my PQ back! So it took a couple of hours but it worked! I have found that creating a brand new PQ is often faster than running an old one.

Edited by TrailGators

I submitted a new PQ early this morning and still have not gotten anything back. So there does seem to be an issue. I ran a few PQs the other day and it was working fine.....Hopefully they get it figured out before the weekend otherwise I will be doing it the old-fashioned way... :P

Edit: I just got my PQ back! So it took a couple of hours but it worked! I have found that creating a brand new PQ is often faster than running an old one.

I think you just got the PQ because the email flood gates have just opened up. Within the last 15 minutes, I got all the email notifications that I should have gotten last night.

I think you just got the PQ because the email flood gates have just opened up. Within the last 15 minutes, I got all the email notifications that I should have gotten last night.

I'm still waiting for the PQ's that I requested yesterday, but the rest of the notices have started to show up...

I'm sure that's what happened. I guess I didn't notice that because I turn off all the notices. I just visit my control panel now and then to see if there any new posts in the SD threads.

I'm sure that's what happened. I guess I didn't notice that because I turn off all the notices. I just visit my control panel now and then to see if there any new posts in the SD threads.

I was actually talking about cache log notices. They were stuck in the email queue too.

I was actually talking about cache log notices. They were stuck in the email queue too.

I didn't get any of those either but I would imagine that some people got bombarded when they opened the flood gates. I would like to get a notice for "Colour My World" that somebody has solved it! :)
There's new firmware releases for Garmin 60 GPS units and for Palm PDAs. These releases include a change for handling redefined dates for Daylight Saving Time.
This early daylight savings thing is almost like Y2K all over again... :( Anyhow, thanks for the update Harmon. :(

That Y2K scare was such a bust. Shoot, the lights didn't even dim.

By the way, ain't that Garmin WebUpdater swell?

Edited by SD Rowdies
There's new firmware releases for Garmin 60 GPS units and for Palm PDAs. These releases include a change for handling redefined dates for Daylight Saving Time.
This early daylight savings thing is almost like Y2K all over again... :P Anyhow, thanks for the update Harmon. :P

:( Yes, their updater is pretty slick. I haven't done it for a long time. :(

I didn't get any of those either but I would imagine that some people got bombarded when they opened the flood gates. I would like to get a notice for "Colour My World" that somebody has solved it! :laughing:

:) Pat..if you didn't get a notice that someone solved Clour My World it's because we haven't ! I even got a HUGE hint from FM and I have no idea what he means. You have stumped us good!!!! r/ jodi

I didn't get any of those either but I would imagine that some people got bombarded when they opened the flood gates. I would like to get a notice for "Colour My World" that somebody has solved it! :laughing:
:) Pat..if you didn't get a notice that someone solved Clour My World it's because we haven't ! I even got a HUGE hint from FM and I have no idea what he means. You have stumped us good!!!! r/ jodi
Did you look at the new hint. I basically tell you what to do.... Edited by TrailGators

I went to the Garman site... didn't see the D.L.S.T. link to D/L.

Where is it?

Got the one for the Palm.. it worked...

Nick

I just had this thought that they should change the time in the spring on a Monday at 4PM. That way it would suddenly be 5PM and time to go home! :) Why do they always cut our weekends short anyhow? :sad:

That would be your Congress in action! :sad:

Would that be in-action or inaction?

I just had this thought that they should change the time in the spring on a Monday at 4PM. That way it would suddenly be 5PM and time to go home! :sad: Why do they always cut our weekends short anyhow? :sad:

That would be your Congress in action! :)

Would that be in-action or inaction?

If "pro" is the opposite of "con," then guess what's the opposite of "progress?" :sad:

For everyones Info ,the CITO and CAMPOUT is now going to be on the 14th of April. The weekend after Easter. 5774.gif

506.gif880.gif

This is going to work out great....

Anybody want to help us celebrate Heidis Birthday down there?

I will still be turkey hunting, maybe if I get a bird early I can come out. If there's cake Fattboy will be there. :ph34r::laughing::ph34r:

Well, for us old technology (non-csx) types, it seems the best current solution is to just set our units to mountain time. :laughing:

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :ph34r: (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

Edited by TFTC
Well, for us old technology (non-csx) types, it seems the best current solution is to just set our units to mountain time. :D

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :angry: (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

Hmm, but what about the new satellite-position database that's part of the update?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Well, for us old technology (non-csx) types, it seems the best current solution is to just set our units to mountain time. :angry:

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :blink: (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

Hmm, but what about the new satellite-position database that's part of the update?

"Database!? We ain't got no database. We don't need no database! I don't have to upgrade any stinking database!!" :angry::sad::D

(Honk if you can name the film that the original quote comes from...)

Well, for us old technology (non-csx) types, it seems the best current solution is to just set our units to mountain time. :angry:

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :blink: (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

"Database!? We ain't got no database. We don't need no database! I don't have to upgrade any stinking database!!" :sad::huh::D

The original or the parody? Uncle Google knows both... :angry:

Well, for us old technology (non-csx) types, it seems the best current solution is to just set our units to mountain time. :D

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :D (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

"Database!? We ain't got no database. We don't need no database! I don't have to upgrade any stinking database!!" :D:D:blink:

The original or the parody? Uncle Google knows both... :blink:

I'm pretty sure that I said "original"...

Speaking of parodies, my favorite is:

"Badgers!? We ain't got no badgers. We don't need no stinking badgers!"

Badgerx3.png

on edit - ah, i see setting DST to Yes works better :D (who needs no stinkin' firmware update!)

"Database!? We ain't got no database. We don't need no database! I don't have to upgrade any stinking database!!" :D:D:blink:

The original or the parody? Uncle Google knows both... :D

I'm pretty sure that I said "original"...

Speaking of parodies, my favorite is:

"Badgers!? We ain't got no badgers. We don't need no stinking badgers!"

:blink: One of my favs too!
This early daylight savings thing is almost like Y2K all over again... :D Anyhow, thanks for the update Harmon. :blink:

Anyone notice that the custom POI's are now mixed with the units POI's? In other words, I see my caches, gas stations, stores, churches.. everything. To much data after that last update.

:blink:

TA

This early daylight savings thing is almost like Y2K all over again... :D Anyhow, thanks for the update Harmon. :blink:

Anyone notice that the custom POI's are now mixed with the units POI's? In other words, I see my caches, gas stations, stores, churches.. everything. To much data after that last update.

:D

TA

Not for me! I have a 60CS and we didn't get any badgers or POIs. :blink:

For everyones Info ,the CITO and CAMPOUT is now going to be on the 14th of April. The weekend after Easter. 5774.gif

506.gif880.gif

This is going to work out great....

Anybody want to help us celebrate Heidis Birthday down there?

I will still be turkey hunting, maybe if I get a bird early I can come out. If there's cake Fattboy will be there. :ph34r::ph34r::(

I may only be able to be out there just for the day on Saturday. - or leave early Sunday morning. We had a blast last year on the power caching run to Jet Engine. We wanna do it again! :(