San Diego Banter

TrailGators

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. ;)

d9f6ddd7-b40c-4e6b-902c-4573c40d0785.jpg

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :):)

SKILLET

Too true. The Wednesday Geobabe outings are sometimes filled with curb jumps, San Francisco turnabouts, stop-sign screeches, and a lot of shouting from the passengers. ... and that's just when it's my turn to drive.

Sounds like when I'm Caching with Team Fatman and he is the Navigator, He says turn here, when here is already here. :):) Or we are already past it and he says it's back there. :(:) Isn't Caching fun. :P:P

SKILLET

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. ;)

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :):)

SKILLET

Too true. The Wednesday Geobabe outings are sometimes filled with curb jumps, San Francisco turnabouts, stop-sign screeches, and a lot of shouting from the passengers. ... and that's just when it's my turn to drive.

Sounds like when I'm Caching with Team Fatman and he is the Navigator, He says turn here, when here is already here. :):) Or we are already past it and he says it's back there. :(:) Isn't Caching fun. :P:P

SKILLET

Not to mention any names ....

8fda3437-a418-4935-8924-32fa4f2d8127.jpg

Notice the grip on the steering wheel. What a woman!

Edited by SD Rowdies

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. :)

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :):(

SKILLET

Sounds like when I'm Caching with Team Fatman and he is the Navigator, He says turn here, when here is already here. :P:) Or we are already past it and he says it's back there. :):D Isn't Caching fun. :);)

SKILLET

Hmmm, somebody is doing this just so's he can get out of the backseat! Good Grief, I provided pillows!

That being said, YES, we really do need those bumper stickers!

Harmon's U-Turns are usually two complete revolutions in the middle of an intersection, but he doesn't hold a candle to $kimmer's curb jumps.

It was JUST a little toasty here today............118 at one point this afternoon.

We spend most of the day neck deep in the pool instead of going up Otay Mtn. for a few.

Splashette :P:D

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. :)

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :D:)

SKILLET

Sounds like when I'm Caching with Team Fatman and he is the Navigator, He says turn here, when here is already here. :(:) Or we are already past it and he says it's back there. :P:) Isn't Caching fun. :P:P

SKILLET

Hmmm, somebody is doing this just so's he can get out of the backseat! Good Grief, I provided pillows!

Harmon's U-Turns are usually two complete revolutions in the middle of an intersection, but he doesn't hold a candle to $kimmer's curb jumps.

It was JUST a little toasty here today............118 at one point this afternoon.

We spend most of the day neck deep in the pool instead of going up Otay Mtn. for a few.

Splashette :D:)

Not sure what the high felt like at my house today because I escaped to Carlsbad with the gang to enjoy some caching in what we thought would be cooler weather. But it got up to 101 in Carlsbad today!!! I drank 7 bottles of water while urban caching and had two beers at Pizza Port for lunch. :) I was dripping wet but it was still a lot of fun! :) I called my wife around 3PM to see what I was missing and it was 114 at our house at that time! :) To make matters worse the power went out again! ;):P

P.S. Love the sticker! We need some of those for swag! :)

Edited by TrailGators

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. :D

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. <_<:(

SKILLET

Sounds like when I'm Caching with Team Fatman and he is the Navigator, He says turn here, when here is already here. :D:D Or we are already past it and he says it's back there. :D:D Isn't Caching fun. :D:D

SKILLET

Splashette :D:D

Splashette darlin,

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Also I loved the electric-blue pillows with the fringe and tassles.

Harmon

See below: Picture of me at cruising speed in back seat of Splashette's Firebird. Hootah!

f21c057f-9c71-43a3-a985-c96f083f445f.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Splashette darlin,

Harmon

See below: Picture of me at cruising speed in back seat of Splashette's Firebird. Hootah!

Is that what happens when you ride with the Geo Babes :D<_< I've seen them driving in the desert and nothing will stop them :(:D WATCH OUT FOR THAT BUSH! WHAT BUSH. :D:D

SKILLET

Picture of me at cruising speed in back seat of Splashette's Firebird. Hootah!

Is that what happens when you ride with the Geo Babes :D<_< I've seen them driving in the desert and nothing will stop them :(:D WATCH OUT FOR THAT BUSH! WHAT BUSH. :D:D

SKILLET

Yes indeed and thanks for your support.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Splashette darlin,

Harmon

Is that what happens when you ride with the Geo Babes :anibad::blink: I've seen them driving in the desert and nothing will stop them :)B) WATCH OUT FOR THAT BUSH! WHAT BUSH. B)B)

SKILLET

We were just trying to keep up with Skillet~he hit the bushes first!!

Jeeps are so much fun, I'm surprised Splashman turned me loose with it. Oh......wait a minute......he doesn't know what we did!

Splashette :rolleyes::)

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. :anibad:

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :rolleyes::)

SKILLET

I love that sticker - I think I need one for my car...and the bike, and maybe even the kayak HAHA.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I know somebody that might be able to place those stickers in some local caches. :blink:

This should probably be mandatory for most of us. B)

Boy that sure is true, a sticker like that should come with your membership. :)B)

SKILLET

I love that sticker - I think I need one for my car...and the bike, and maybe even the kayak HAHA.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I know somebody that might be able to place those stickers in some local caches. B)

Cool! :) You could make another one that says "Caution! Lightpost ahead! Watch out for Geocachers!" B)

I ran across that sticker due to the coord checker listed at the bottom of alot of the newer puzzle cache pages.

http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/

What a coincidence, I've been chatting with CoyoteRed quite a bit on some other threads recently. We seem to agree on a lot of issues. He and his wife host a nice website. I used a different but similiar coordinates checker site for my puzzles.

Incredible story about an elephant's memory....

UPI July 13, 2006

A young man was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from college.

While he was walking through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed so the man approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot. There was a large thorn

deeply embedded in the bottom of the foot. As carefully and as gently

as he could he worked the thorn out with his hunting knife, after

which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to

face the man and with a rather stern look on its face, stared at him.

For a good ten minutes the man stood frozen -- thinking of nothing

else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly,

turned and walked away.

The man never forgot that elephant or the events of that day. Twenty

years later the man was walking through the zoo with his teenaged

son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures

turned and walked over to where they were standing at the rail. The

large bull elephant stared at him and lifted it's front foot off the

ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times, all

the while staring at the man. The man couldn't help wondering if this

was the same elephant.

After a while it trumpeted loudly; then it continued to stare at him.

The man summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made

his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and

stared back in wonder.

Suddenly the elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one

of the man's legs and swung him wildly back and forth along the

railing, killing him.

Probably wasn't the same elephant....

Edited by TrailGators

Incredible story about an elephant's memory....

This reminds me of another elephant...true story...

The thing about elephants is that they need things to do. Not a problem in the wild, but it is a real problem from elephants in captivity. If you don't give an elephant something to do, it'll figure out something on it's own. Now a days, zoos are hip to this and they come up with all sorts of tasks for the elephants. Before they figured this out, though, there was this elephant (at the Phoenix Zoo, if memory serves) that came up with a little game. It would use bits of hay to lure ducks over to it. (The ducks were freeloaders attracted to the zoo by open water.) When the duck would get close enough to it, the elephant would squash it flat with it's foot.

(Somehow, wheneever I picture this, it's always a Farside duck and elephant...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

I finally caught "the look" on film yesterday, so you all could see what I go through! I took my family to the Wild Animal Park yesterday. There is one cache there called Flibbertigibbits that has been the closest to my house since I started geocaching. I have never gotten it, so today I decided I was finally going to get it! Even if it meant dragging my family all over the park and getting "the look." So below is my daughter Alyssa's "You want me to go geocaching? look....

ec2c3b62-1434-4525-a24e-f80876b9d6d7.jpg

Of course it also might be her "Quit taking my picture!" look. Both looks are very similar. :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators
Q: How many planets are in our solar system?

A: As of today there are only "officially" 8 planets! :laughing:

Oh, Nooooo!

Now the whole song is screwed up:

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine.

How am I supposed to remember the order of the planets now...???? :laughing:

(At least this move doesn't screw up Holst! :laughing: )

Found that one! :laughing: Edited by TrailGators

While in Big Bear this past weekend C4 and I ran into the elusive Dak Girls! B) So we asked them to let us take a photo and they said sure and winked at me to go ahead! While I was taking the photo I noticed the Dak Girls mom wiggling her nose. I didn't think much of it but when I got home and uploaded the photo I was shocked to see the results! :ph34r:

171b8fa0-8ed8-443a-8aca-a1d816dba950.jpg

*Thanks Harmon!

While in Big Bear this past weekend C4 and I ran into the elusive Dak Girls! B) So we asked them to let us take a photo and they said sure and winked at me to go ahead! While I was taking the photo I noticed the Dak Girls mom wiggling her nose. I didn't think much of it but when I got home and uploaded the photo I was shocked to see the results! :ph34r:

*Thanks Harmon!

Holy croak, so that's what genetic modification can lead to. Begs the question "So who's your daddy?"

Edited by SD Rowdies
While in Big Bear this past weekend C4 and I ran into the elusive Dak Girls! B) So we asked them to let us take a photo and they said sure and winked at me to go ahead! While I was taking the photo I noticed the Dak Girls mom wiggling her nose. I didn't think much of it but when I got home and uploaded the photo I was shocked to see the results! :huh:

*Thanks Harmon!

Wow, the DAK Girls have sure matured since I met them. :ph34r:

Now this is what I call a potty with a view :blink:B)

9184f2b8-4996-4f23-a5eb-1dbb07919b9e.jpg

... and here's the rear view. Hmm, apparently PW didn't get a scar from his storm-drain ride.

No the guy on the left looks like Carl, so maybe thats Harmon on the right looking over the war zone. :DB)

If that's a warzone, then Carl and Harmon must be launching scuds. :D

Now this is what I call a potty with a view :blink::D

... and here's the rear view. Hmm, apparently PW didn't get a scar from his storm-drain ride.

No the guy on the left looks like Carl, so maybe thats Harmon on the right looking over the war zone. B)B)
If that's a warzone, then Carl and Harmon must be launching scuds. :D

Why I oughta ...

Edited by SD Rowdies

Now this is what I call a potty with a view :blink:B)

No the guy on the left looks like Carl, so maybe thats Harmon on the right looking over the war zone. B):D
If that's a warzone, then Carl and Harmon must be launching scuds. B)

Why I oughta ...

Anybody else wondering where the drains to these things empty? :D

Now this is what I call a potty with a view B):blink:

No the guy on the left looks like Carl, so maybe thats Harmon on the right looking over the war zone. :DB)
If that's a warzone, then Carl and Harmon must be launching scuds. B)

Why I oughta ...

Anybody else wondering where the drains to these things empty? :D

Yeah, and don't forget to flush, Lone Pine needs the water.

A friend of mine sent me this:

I just got my new Chevrolet Pick up and returned to the dealer the next day complaining that I couldn't figure out how the radio worked. The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated "Watch this"! He said "Nelson"!

The Radio replied "Ricky or Willie?"

Willie" ! He continued. and "On The Road Again" came from the speakers. I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd Say "Beethoven" I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said "Beatles" I'd get one of their awesome songs.

One day, a couple ran a red light and nearly creamed my new truck but I swerved in time to avoid them. I yelled "A&&HOLES!".

The French National Anthem began to play, sung by Jane Fonda and Michael Moore, backed up by John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Bill Clinton on sax and Ted Kennedy on booze.

dadgum, I LOVE my truck!

Edited by TrailGators

I just got my new Chevrolet Pick up and returned to the dealer the next day complaining that I couldn't figure out how the radio worked. The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated "Watch this"! He said "Nelson"!

Willie" ! He continued. and "On The Road Again" came from the speakers. I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd Say "Beethoven" I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said "Beatles" I'd get one of their awesome songs.

One day, a couple ran a red light and nearly creamed my new truck but I swerved in time to avoid them. I yelled "A&&HOLES!".

The French National Anthem began to play, sung by Jane Fonda and Michael Moore, backed up by John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Bill Clinton on sax and Ted Kennedy on booze.

dadgum, I LOVE my truck!

:D:o:):D:)

dadgum, I LOVE my truck!

The way I heard it, the radio switched to Rush Limbaugh interviewing Karl Rove... :)

dadgum, I LOVE my truck!

The way I heard it, the radio switched to Rush Limbaugh interviewing Karl Rove... :unsure:

Parlez-vous français? :blink: