San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Space reserved for Photoshop Lesson 12. Dang it, now I've gotta write a lesson.

Hmm, so what would y'all think of a lesson on bestiality? Well, you know, soft bestiality without the procreation part. I know a certain Geocaching lady that's really good at this sort of photo editing. Perhaps she'll stand and be recognized.

Here's a teaser.

cfd9f77c-65c5-4d54-838b-2ec561411fab.jpg

Honk if you recognize the Geocacher's eyeballs.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Awesome photoshop idea TFTC! ;)

Can you please email the full-res version of it so I can add it to my desktop wallpaper collection! ;)

I just emailed you the unretouched/resized background photo - if you want the car, well, that's just another banter project for you! :)

Awesome photoshop idea TFTC!  ;)

Can you please email the full-res version of it so I can add it to my desktop wallpaper collection!  :)

I just emailed you the unretouched/resized background photo - if you want the car, well, that's just another banter project for you! :)

Thanks! ;)

029e2266-18fb-4b1b-a8b9-952ad0d05e4e.jpg

* By the way, Harmon ghosts don't make shadows! :D

Edited by TrailGators
* By the way, Harmon ghosts don't make shadows!  :)

I wasn't intending the car to be a ghost (QDMan can breathe now) - more like history fading away. I thought fading history could have a shadow! ;)

I didn't mean to imply anything about your shadow....I just noticed that my people were leviatating...Anyhow, shadow of the past is a cool idea! Say...if you made the car totally disappear and kept the shadow that would be eerie! ;)

Edited by TrailGators
Ok, Harmon, you can put the Just Kidding! cache container back now!  P.S. What's the answer to your joke?  :unsure:

Wow! not guilty. We left the container just as found at the very base of the tree covered by three really obvious river stones. No Muggles in sight either. Maybe the other team had a little cocktail at lunch and, by the way, they didn't log a joke so they are already under suspicion. We were there at about one-ish I think.

And the punch-line is ... there's more of 'em.

Harmon & Sandy

Edited by SD Rowdies
Ok, Harmon, you can put the Just Kidding! cache container back now!  P.S. What's the answer to your joke?  :lol:

Wow! not guilty. We left the container just as found at the very base of the tree covered by three really obvious river stones. No Muggles in sight either. Maybe the other team had a little cocktail at lunch and, by the way, they didn't log a joke so they are already under suspicion. We were there at about one-ish I think.

Harmon & Sandy

We were there rather late and we looked under those very stones......i am guessing whoever kept taking the other ones took this one.......sigh.....As soon as I saw who was there before us I KNEW.......just KNEW in my bones......what had happened. You got way to dizzy with all that ballet in those lovely leotards and just twirled the cache right out a there!!!!! :unsure::blink::P

Ok, Harmon, you can put the Just Kidding! cache container back now!  P.S. What's the answer to your joke?  ;)

Harmon & Sandy

We were there rather late and we looked under those very stones......i am guessing whoever kept taking the other ones took this one.......sigh.....As soon as I saw who was there before us I KNEW.......just KNEW in my bones......what had happened. You got way to dizzy with all that ballet in those lovely leotards and just twirled the cache right out a there!!!!! :(:ph34r::P

Hmm, I'll check my leotards. I thought I felt an extra lump in there last night.

Sandy reminded me that we had to pick up some small swag items and a pencil that were lying near the tree.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Ok, Harmon, you can put the Just Kidding! cache container back now! 

Hmmm...

30ab7959-ea9f-4631-ab2b-db35c0309857.jpg

Mystery solved?

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

I knew we did not overlook it!!!!!! That darned bird........... :D :

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

SHOTGUN! No wait, that's not right.

So how come Kestrels steal more cache containers than Ivory-billed Woodpeckers?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

Is that how Chuy gets FTFs on so many caches!

Just send the bird out to retreive it and then fly the cache back! :D

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

More of 'em?

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

More of 'em?

:D He got ya Harmon!

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

More of 'em?

Yeah, but look who it was. That man knows his exotics.

Then again maybe I pretty well gave it away earlier with my joke punchline. Yep, brown cows give more milk than black cows 'cause there's more of 'em.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

More of 'em?

Then again maybe I pretty well gave it away earlier with my joke punchline. Yep, brown cows give more milk than black cows 'cause there's more of 'em.

I never heard of a Kestrel until you said it. I thought it was a hawk... :D I guess you learn somethin' everyday! :D

Hmmm...

Mystery solved?

More of 'em?

I never heard of a Kestrel until you said it. I thought it was a hawk... :D I guess you learn somethin' everyday! :D

For what it's worth (and possible use in an Animal Kingdom trivia event), the American Kestrel (Falco sparverius) is the smallest and most common falcon that resides in the U.S.

Apparently, it is also know for its heavy lift capacity ... :D

-GD

Edited by Team Gecko

I've done some work on Photoshop Lesson 12. I've decided that the lesson will be a way to cover the multitude of issues that pertain to image focus and contrast, that is to say image "sharpening."

Really the effort must be more of a seminar than a lesson because the various causes for image blur must be explored before describing and demonstrating the many ways to reduce or eliminate one or more of the types of blur encountered in digital photographs. I promise you that the lesson will go well beyond a simple click of an automatic "Sharpen" filter.

Properly presented such a lesson can open a lot of doors to Photoshop capabilities that offer amazing results when improving blurred images. Seriously, you might be surprised at what you don't know about correcting blurred images. Coverage would be provided for correcting Gaussian blur, lens blur, and motion blur or combinations of the three blurs.

It's a fairly subtle and complex subject and so calls for many definitions, detailed instructions, and examples in order to present the subject in a complete and useful way. Now it is true that many Photoshop books cover this subject very well but what I hope to offer is a titration of the subject boiled down to understandable plain talk or so I think.

What concerns me is that there might not be enough interest here on the SD Banter thread to justify the effort. I'm willing to push on toward the lesson because, for one thing, writing such a lesson puts some useful pressure on my own grasp of the subject. Besides, I have no wish to bore accomplished readers.

As planned the lesson will apply, with limitations, to older as well as the most-recent version of Adobe Photoshop, say Version 7.0 and CS2 Version 9.0.

The punch line to this post is that I am anxious to know whether I should (1) press on with this lesson as outlined, (2) choose simpler subject, or (3) just f'get about it.

What say? Show of hands?

Edited by SD Rowdies
One vote for (1) Press On!!!  :lol:

I already marked your vote for number one.

Thanks Pat

I made it through the first chapter of Photoshop CS2 Studio Techniques. Chapter 1 wasn't quite enough to make a lesson out of but it was a good overview of the tools to be covered!

I did learn that when you use the Eye Dropper Tool (the color picker thang-a-ma-jig) that besides selecting a single pixel you can pick a 3x3 or 5x5 average!

We were there rather late and we looked under those very stones......i am guessing whoever kept taking the other ones took this one.......sigh.....As soon as I saw who was there before us I KNEW.......just KNEW in my bones......what had happened. You got way to dizzy with all that ballet in those lovely leotards and just twirled the cache right out a there!!!!!  :rolleyes:  ;)  :)

Okay, SUUUURE you looked in the right spot! :yikes:

We were there rather late and we looked under those very stones......i am guessing whoever kept taking the other ones took this one.......sigh.....As soon as I saw who was there before us I KNEW.......just KNEW in my bones......what had happened. You got way to dizzy with all that ballet in those lovely leotards and just twirled the cache right out a there!!!!!  :rolleyes:  ;)  :)

Okay, SUUUURE you looked in the right spot! :D

I guess I need to go look in the wrong spot.......sigh........it was raining pretty hard so maybe if it had been dry I would have gone to the wrong spot......I am waiting for the mud to go away and relook at it. :) Although I had it on good authority that it was gone. :yikes:

Okay, SUUUURE you looked in the right spot! :yikes:

Doh! I guess it is my fault smilinglady13 didn't find it. We looked right where I found it the first time. We didn't wander too much away from there (the rain and slippery mud helped us not wander). I do know caches sometimes drift over time. Either that or I somehow got us to the wrong spot along with the GPSr since I let her look before I helped.