San Diego Banter

TrailGators

Nice !  :laughing:

But I think Baby Breeze uses a Garmin Vista !  :yikes:

Thanks again....brilliant design.

Pappa Wind,

Thanks, but the thing is that babies will grown up to use futuristic GPS receivers.

When they score a few thousand caches they won't even have to leave home to do it. By then there will be a log-entry interface via the GPS satellites.

Paperless, heck no, totally effortless. For now I just used the most-recent model on the market to display th' little darlin's.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Nice !  :laughing:

But I think Baby Breeze uses a Garmin Vista !  :yikes:

Thanks again....brilliant design.

...and Chase, a Garmin 60CS. Too bad you don't have their vital stats. That would make a cute birth announcement.

Pqmommy dearest,

Say, that's a good idea about stats. I'll just bet that you could round up some for Chase Brian Armstrong, the future Royal Canadian mounted policeman.

Your's truly,

Harmon

Sorry ...

Yo'rs truly,

Cowboy Harmon

Maybe I should do a series on really-ugly old guys.

I think when you get to a certain age nobody notices if you are ugly or not. For example, when was the last time you heard someone say "Boy that Grandma was one hot mama!" :laughing:

Then why do they make those faces when they first see me?

On the other hand look at th' GeoBabes. No wait, that's not right, only one gramma there.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Maybe I should do a series on really-ugly old guys.

I think when you get to a certain age nobody notices if you are ugly or not. For example, when was the last time you heard someone say "Boy that Grandma was one hot mama!" :laughing:

Well then, how about a series on reall-ugly young guys? Any suggestions?

Chase Ryan says...

9836a628-369a-4c47-be4e-63acab4c869f.jpg

O I love it! thank you Gramma Sleuth.

That's a terrific little guy. I'm so pleased to have new photos and especially with eyes open. Yeah, I've got it ... Ryan, Chase Ryan Armstrong of course. I get so excited around th' wee ones y' see.

Let me see now ... .

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
I know I'm a little late to the Photoshop Tutorial Party, but I just had to post this one of me and the lil' shaver on vacation in Minnesota for ya, Harmon.  Lesson #1.

Holy croak, you sure are better looking than your brother, but then, who isn't? That little shaver of yours is a fine looking lad as well. For some reason I've pictured you as a big bubba type. Must be the cow thang.

Minnesota huh? Cows all over again.

Welcome to the PhotoShop thread. Our following is small but growing ever-so slowly.

That's a terrific job of selection and layering. I truly enjoy color emphasis-images because it sets a subject off so well. In this case the photo screams out to say that you and your son being together is the most important thing. Keep up the good work. My guess is that your resulting photo would be of interest to one of the outdoor-activities publications.

I am closing in on Lesson number five. TrailGators asked for some inside information about handling shadows so I am writting a novella on that challenging subject. Should have it posted this weekend.

Regards,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
I know I'm a little late to the Photoshop Tutorial Party, but I just had to post this one of me and the lil' shaver on vacation in Minnesota for ya, Harmon. Lesson #1.

a71cb248-8808-42c5-b9ce-7837ab8c87b0.jpg

Where-a-bouts in MIN-A-SOH-TA? We used to live down der' hey in Eau Claire, Wisconsin back in da '80s, don't ya know! :ph34r:

Lesson 5 is written and posted on the SD Rowdies web page. Starring in this lesson without their consent are TucsonThompsen and Carpenter from Hell.

At the request of TrailGators this lesson explores the initial aspects of the many PhotoShop features that can be used to manage shadows within digital images. More on this subject in later lessons.

Do have fun and please post your results to a final challenge offered within the comments section of the lesson plan.

Download the lesson plan and three related photos from the following URL.

My pleasure,

Harmon

http://members.cox.net/sdrowdies/Index.htm

Edited by SD Rowdies
I found my first WJTB today! The strange part is that TT was already inside of it!  :P

TrailGators,

Boy you showed those other guys a thing or two about racing for the uDesignit card. Not only that you wound up scoring a very unusual White Jeep TB.

Mess with us Banter Boys and we'll cut their heads off.

That photo of you is an excellent example for our shadows lesson. Try the lesson out on the cap-shadow to determine whether or not there is color-channel information within. Also do study the nature of the shadow that falls on your Tee from arm, hand, and TB.

You'da man!

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
....or is this what you had in mind Harmon?  :P

Attaboy TrailGators, you are on your way toward shadow management.

The hard challenge of the exercise is to place the head and the related drop-shadow in such a way that the shadow appears to result from the sunshine that illuminates the scene. In your first posting there would be a long shadow cast down along the wall from TT's head at the top of the wall. The drop-shadow angle would have to correspond to the natural shadow angles of the scene. Yes?

That is a tricky editing challenge and if truth be told one will discover that a drop-shadow can't quite get you there from here. That finding leads nicely into the next lesson about cast shadows. See there, I'm actually thinking ahead.

Bad news is that it took you far less time to do the exercise than it took me to write and post the lesson. What's wrong with that picture?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Where-a-bouts in MIN-A-SOH-TA? We used to live down der' hey in Eau Claire, Wisconsin back in da '80s, don't ya know!  :anicute:

That's the family cabin at Bemidji Minnesota, the first city on the mighty Mississippi. Our cabin is on Lake Marquette, just south of Bemidji.

Cool...I grew up on the plains near Mankato, MN and went to College up in the woods near Duluth, MN. Family has a cabin on WhiteFish Lake chain near CrossLake, MN.....ya betcha.

Where-a-bouts in MIN-A-SOH-TA? We used to live down der' hey in Eau Claire, Wisconsin back in da '80s, don't ya know!  :blink:

That's the family cabin at Bemidji Minnesota, the first city on the mighty Mississippi. Our cabin is on Lake Marquette, just south of Bemidji.

Cool...I grew up on the plains near Mankato, MN and went to College up in the woods near Duluth, MN. Family has a cabin on WhiteFish Lake chain near CrossLake, MN.....ya betcha.

Since we're talking Minnesotian I might as well include that I am from Ely, MN and will be visting the ol' stomping ground on Friday. My girl and I will be giving blood to the local mosquito population until the 12th so if you have any TB's that want to go to the Midwest drop me a line!

Where-a-bouts in MIN-A-SOH-TA? We used to live down der' hey in Eau Claire, Wisconsin back in da '80s, don't ya know!  :blink:

Since we're talking Minnesotian I might as well include that I am from Ely, MN and will be visting the ol' stomping ground on Friday. My girl and I will be giving blood to the local mosquito population until the 12th so if you have any TB's that want to go to the Midwest drop me a line!

Awright, when's th' conversation goin' t' turn t' ice fishin' and Rhubarb Pie?

Awright, when's th' conversation goin' t' turn t' ice fishin' and Rhubarb Pie?

Ve Norvegen broders, Sons of Norvay, vould radder stick to de lutefisk and dat lefse stuff. You betcha, yah.

Ve Norvegen broders, Sons of Norvay, vould radder stick to de lutefisk and dat lefse stuff. You betcha, yah.

Uff da!

Dave, The Cow Spots --- who, like his little bro TT, is half-Norge.

P.S. I haven't had good lefse since my wedding reception.

Edited by The Cow Spots
Just being silly with my 30-day trial version of Photoshop CS2

Munsch would be proud of you. TrailGators with a harmonic in his hands is a darned good reason to scream. Lot's of fun huh? Personally I love using famous paintings for backgrounds.

Thirty day trial eh? So then you have to pony up for the real deal. As mentioned by Steve Dillon just find a willing educator to pick up PhotoShop CS2 for you on an educator discount. Otherwise go for one of the package deals where you buy a PhotoShop Version 6.0 CD with a full PhotoShop CS2 boxed upgrade.

After that you can spend more on PhotoShop CS2 books than you did on the software. One thing for sure, it is a marvelous product. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Okay croppers and photo editors....check out the Best Buy add in the sunday paper!

Paint Shop Pro 9

Reg Price $99.99

Instant rebate $50.00

Upgrade rebate $30.00*

Grand Total = $19.99

*Note about the upgrade. read the fine print. it says that if you own adobe photoshop elements, any Corel Draw product and a few others you qualify for the rebate.

14273174-5253-4b43-9ce0-172c059342f2.jpg

Here's my homework...sorry its late, my dog at the first one, there was a flood, a fire.....

played around quite a bit with drop shadow and heres what i learned:

• if you have the drop shadow properties window open, you can drag the shadow around in the photo.
  • you can change the color of the shadow and it seems to make the same adjustment as changing the opacity

Trying to keep my shorts dry.

My, my. my ... the photo gods are looking after me tonight. Can't believe the crotch shot. Thanks RM.

Hey Harmon, I can think of a few hilarious things you could do with that shot!

To me it looks like a good add for Depends! :unsure::mad::mad:

Couldn't resist, rewind a few messages for result. So what are your ideas?

I know a really gross Depends joke but I'll keep it to myself.

Harmon

Well first off...make the water yellow! :D

Then show the Depends package in the background.

Then add the slogan! Harmon, I'll let you come up with that!

8eec3fe1-51fe-4b53-8d55-4015d016b080.jpg

TrailGators,

Absolutely inspired photo editing. And to think that Rocket Man put in for the abuse.

I hereby pronounce you the Grand Master of the San Diego Banter thread. So not only was Dillon and QDman sandbagging their PhotoShop skill so were you. Come to think of it you probably used Paint Shop Pro for this one since you are on vacation.

I suppose that having a lofty goal such as this one would tend to bring out the best in a person. Then again I suppose that it Depends on the motivations of a solid friendship.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies