Staffordshire Meet This Saturday - 21st May

Well with less than a week to go I have started a new thread with up-to-date information.

Well the breaking news is that we have another prize for the raffle......drum roll........

Magellan have kindly sent us a GPS receiver - eXplorist 500

So the full prize list now includes:

GPS receiver - eXplorist 500

2 copies of Tracklogs 1:25,000 Map 244: Cannock Chase and Chasewater

2 copies of Anquet Central England 1:50,000 scale CD ROMs

1 Fugawi UK Digital Maps Vol 2. Midlands and North Wales

NikWax products

Book - 'Zorro' by Isabel Allende

Proceeds from the raffle go to the charity WaterAid.

......and don't forget everyone gets a 'Ted' Zorro badge!

(this is a provisional list, we are still waiting for delivery of some of these items).

If anyone has any prizes they would like to donate we would be pleased to hear from you!

I will post new information as we get it.

Martin

I hope you've already been on the phone to Garmin telling them about Magellen's generosity.

:)

There didn't even reply to my email, which is ironic really as a few weeks ago I started a thread praising their customer services! You win a few, you loose a few :D

Martin

I have had a couple of people PM me about times. I said to the pub we would be in from around 12:00 till 3:00ish.

The prize draw will be at 2:00.

I could still do with a few people to volunteer to take newbies out. Deego has kindly offered to help, but a few names in reserve would be useful.

Thanks.

Martin

Right, now I'm definately going: I'm desperate for a GPSr! I wasn't lying with my cache description at Something Sinister; my old SporTrak gave up the ghost (quite literally), meaning that I haven't been able to hide caches without errors on the co-ordinates or find caches at all. ;)

MarcB

[edit: How much are tickets by the way? *looks in wallet*]

Edited by MarcB
How much are tickets by the way? *looks in wallet*

Remembering that all the proceeds go to WaterAid we were thinking that the tickets would be 50p each.

BTW the GPS arrived today and I have to say it is sweet! Great screen! But wait until you see the badges and the first 50 people that arrive get one of those free!

badge.jpg

See you there.

Martin

Edited by one4zorro
I could still do with a few people to volunteer to take newbies out.  Deego has kindly offered to help, but a few names in reserve would be useful.

Poor newbies, being lead around on a wild goose chase by Deego, probably trying to convince them that the traffic bollard is an elaborate trig point. ;)

He`ll need to teach them the Force.... Lord Vader... RISE.... :D Right where`s that lump of concrete stuck on top of a hill.... (Jumps on a speeder)...... Nnnneeeeooowwwww. Damnation! logged it already. ;)

:D

Pengy

Just a quick note to thank everyone for attending. We managed to raise £163.50 for the charity WaterAid and also collected 11 telephones for them.

From the comments posted it looks like everyone had a good time, thank you for your support. Thank you also to all our sponsors Magellan, Fugawi, Anquet, Tracklogs, NikWax and the Outdoor Pursuits Coop.

I have posted the group picture on the cache site.

See you next year!

Martin, Julie and of course Ted. ;)

Edited by one4zorro