Travel Bug - Etiquette

dblrngr

I'm pretty much a newbie and have searched, but have not found this answer in the forums. I realize that travel bugs are meant to travel, and you have no say in where or how they get somewhere. I have a TB that is in a race. It was moving around pretty good, then one day someone grabbed it from the well beaten path and moved it to their own cache in the hills with a ***** terrain rating. It has been setting still for months. The questions... would it be appropriate to ask the owners of the cache to move it along next time they look in on their cache?

Thanks much.... dblrngr

Sometimes people recover TBs without knowing their goal until it's too late. It would be fine to ask him to move it the first chance he/she got.

Another idea would be to post in the regional forums, or your local organization forum and ask for help retrieving it.

El Diablo

The questions... would it be appropriate to ask the owners of the cache to move it along next time they look in on their cache?

Yes, but (depending on the owner) it's likely to be found by another cacher before the owner does a maintenance run.

I'd put a note on the cache's page (and I'd do my best not to sound whiny :lol: ). Though, chances are, the next finder would pick up any bugs there as a courtesy. At least, I try to do that when it's a cache that isn't visited often.

People will often put a bug in a challenging cache to up the likelihood of a visit. As a TB owner, I'm not too terribly keen on the practice, but we really do cast our bread on the waters.