Website Design

A new travel bug race is being started at the 2005 North Yorkshire Meet on 18th June 2005.

Last year the race details are stored on a web page which I manually update.

Can anyone please create a web page that will automatically update the race position....

I dont want in the forums to give too much away as to how the race is done, but if anyone with web page building experiance could contact me, I would be appreciated.

A new travel bug race is being started at the 2005 North Yorkshire Meet on 18th June 2005.

Last year the race details are stored on a web page which I manually update.

Can anyone please create a web page that will automatically update the race position....

I dont want in the forums to give too much away as to how the race is done, but if anyone with web page building experiance could contact me, I would be appreciated.

You could do what I did with the Mark the Cat race.

Open a new account at gc.com and register the all the bugs to that account.

Then you can see all the bugs together in one place. Then sort by distance and you can easily see who is winning.

-

Cupla points:

Any page that does what you want would be termed scraping by TPTB, unfortunatly.

The only way I can think would be to set up a bookmark list and forward notification emails to a dummy account on a server. Some script or other could then be informed of the bugs movement. The problem then would be how to work out a distance without 'scraping'.

Interesting challenge though :o

Alex's idea is good but do you remember the bru-ha-ha???

Beckandian have created a great site for the "It's not a jumper, it's a TB race" race from Australia. It auto updates several times a day (or would if there was any movement!) and also has tracking maps for each of the bugs taking part.

Web site can be found here It's not a jumper, it's a TB race

I'm sure if you follow the e-mail link at the top of the race page they'll give you some pointers.