"cache" Classification

I haven't been able to find anything that discussed the following:

I wish to design a "cache" that instead of having a physical can/book/pen the finders will triangulate a location by using two or more coordinates given or revealed. By using these coordinates a final location will be presented. By going to this final spot clues are gathered and then emailed to me as proof that the location was found correctly.

Not sure about some of these things, but figured you experts could set me right.

So, I need to know (1) is this kind of hunt permitted here and (2) assuming the email thing works, how would the finds be recorded?

Still a new idea for me and I will appreciate some constructive observations and advice.

RobertLG

(2) assuming the email thing works, how would the finds be recorded?

This occurs quite a bit with virtuals. The finder would log the find on the website as normal. They would also send you an email at the email address you specify in the cache description page and you would go back and compare emails against log entrees.

Any log entrees that can't be backed up with an email to you from the finder could be deleted from your cache log page by you, if you feel it is necessary.

There are quite a few caches like this.