Putting A Cache Back In Place

Joypa

I had an interesting experience yesterday. I found a cache near a boat launch and signed the log. When I turned to replace it there was a fisherman staring at me. I said hello and stood there for awhile and he just kept turning around and looking at me. I knew I must be freaking this guy out so I left with the cache! I returned a little while later but he was still there so I took it home and emailed the cache owner advising him to disable the cache until I could put it back. He did and I replaced it today. I just sent the owner an email saying he could enable again. Talk about feeling like a dork. :huh::D:D

Been there, done that! 10pm and a muggle decides he wants to drive to the end of this odd looking cul de sac and just sit there in his car. I walked around discretely, hoping I could get out of where his field of view would be. No such luck. After 15 minutes of hanging around with an animal cookies jug in my hands, I decided to toss it in the car and drive away. Fortunately, I came back an hour later to find the car there, but driver of the car gone.

Been there, done that! 10pm and a muggle decides he wants to drive to the end of this odd looking cul de sac and just sit there in his car. I walked around discretely, hoping I could get out of where his field of view would be. No such luck. After 15 minutes of hanging around with an animal cookies jug in my hands, I decided to toss it in the car and drive away. Fortunately, I came back an hour later to find the car there, but driver of the car gone.

He probably sat in the car for 15 minutes waiting for you to leave so you wouldn't try to stop him when he went in looking for the cache.

I'm sure he was a geocacher still out there in the woods looking for the cache that you had in your back seat.

:huh::D:D

I found a boring micro hidden under the public air compressor at a gas station. As I took the cache to my truck to sign the log, a patron decided he needed air. I had to wait for about 10 minutes before I could replace the cache.

My solution to this problem is to lead by example, and not hide any of my caches in areas heavily visited by the GP.

Edited by Kit Fox
I found a boring micro hidden under the public air compressor at a gas station. As I took the cache to my truck to sign the log, a patron decided he needed air. I had to wait for about 10 minutes before I could replace the cache.

My solution to this problem is to lead by example, and not hide any of my caches in areas heavily visited by the GP.

That is one approach. There is an added challenge to searching around the GP. Just whistling and looking up at the sky doesn't seem to work. Saying "hello" helps sometimes. I like taking a clipboard and looking like I'm doing something important. But when they just stare at you like this fisherman, it's time to go.

I found a really funfilled micro and took it to sign the log to a less conspicious place when I turned around to replace it some guy was sitting where it went talking on his cell phone. I had to walk around for half an hour with the cache in my pocket before I could replace it. It is funny and just part of the game.

cheers