Cache posting & notification

zaarenoc

quote:
Originally posted by zaarenoc:

If I post a new cache and they decide not to list it for some reason, do they notify me of that?

I posted a new one on the 13th of May, 2003 and haven't heard anything yet and it didn't make it to the list.

Doug Davis

If its archived you'll get a notice, but if it hasn't been archived and they are still considering the cache then no. You may receive an email asking you to modify the cache in some way, or it may just be arhived.

If you want to check on the cache just log in, and to your "my cache" page. Under caches you've hidden the new one should show up. Go to the caches page... you may notice that the cache's name has been changed to include HOLD. Please do not remove this, as it may confuse and irritate the approver(s).

Are you sure the cache was sent in?

If you can't find the cache, then it may have never been submitted. This happens from time to time, usaually because someone took longer than the allowed time frame to write the report(I think the limits 40minutes), so when you finally hit submit it never sent.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
If you can't find the cache, then it may have never been submitted. This happens from time to time, usaually because someone took longer than the allowed time frame to write the report(I think the limits 40minutes), so when you finally hit submit it never sent.

One way to avoid this is to submit your cache report with just the basics. Then just pull it up on the screen and edit it from there. I learned this after losing about half hour worth of work because I walked away from the PC for a few minutes.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

I went to get the cache and relocate it today but it was gone! It was a 4-gallon bucket enclosed in a trash bag with a tie. All that was left was the trash bag.

This was my first cache and I really went all out to make it a good one. I was the only one that knew where it was. I sent the report to geocaching but it was never listed due to Ohio DNR policy. Believe me, no one could just stumble on this cache. How did the word get out that it was there?

Doug - Zaarenoc

We just sent in a request for our first cache today. We got an email saying it was in the works but when I clicked on the link to take me to the page it went to the Hide & Seek a Cache page. Am I supposed to get to it from there somehow or did something go wrong? I know it won't be approved that soon but I just wanted to see what it looked like.