Who's Coming To Geowoodstock III?

Who is coming to Woodstock lll. Also who do you look forward to meeting?

I personally am looking forward to meeting members of the staff for Today's Cacher. Sean, Dean, April and any of the others that show.

There are many others that will be there that I look forward to meeting, to numerous to mention by name.

El Diablo

Who's Coming To Geowoodstock Lll?

Let's see...I just checked my calendar;

it appears I may be covered up in May, 2054! :D:D:o

Edit: Oops, I guess I misread the topic title. As much as I would like to attend GW III, I won't be able to. Hope everyone has a blast! :)

Edited by sept1c_tank
Will meet and greet whoever else is there. Actually planning to do a minimum of caching and a maximum of meeting and greeting. See ya there!

Yep. I don't do all the runaround crap at events and I could care less about prizes.

I'm going to GWIII for four reasons:

Mustard Devil can't shut up about how much fun GWII was. :P

To meet folks I know/have heard about from these forums and I wouldn't otherwise get a chance to meet. ;)

To add at least one find in every state that I pass through. :)

To have an excuse to go a little bit further to make a run at Tube Torcher. :lol::lol::):lol:

I'm going to GWIII for four reasons:

Mustard Devil can't shut up about how much fun GWII was. :D

To meet folks I know/have heard about from these forums and I wouldn't otherwise get a chance to meet. :)

To add at least one find in every state that I pass through. :D

To have an excuse to go a little bit further to make a run at Tube Torcher. :lol:  :lol:  :)  :lol:

Bowowowowowow! WOOF! woofwoof!

Cuj ;)

Translation:

I'm goin' cuz Sn :P:) gans is going!

Edited by Cujo the Cache Monster
Just a few more days until Geowoodstock3. I am wondering what forum members will be attending?

Link

Looks like this will also be a HUGE travel bug party, as of this afternoon 434 travel bugs will be swapped at the event......

Is it a good idea having so many TBs in one place? What if someone holds up the event and steals all the TB's.

I would love to go but our kids are still in school. Although out of school for the holiday weekend, they still have to go back for a couple of 'snow days' that they missed over the winter. It definitely sounds like a great event. Someone should contact the Guiness World book of records... that event could be the largest gathering of techno-geeks in history. Or at least the most handheld GPS units in one place ... :P

Just a few more days until Geowoodstock3.  I am wondering what forum members will be attending?

Link

Looks like this will also be a HUGE travel bug party, as of this afternoon 434 travel bugs will be swapped at the event......

Is it a good idea having so many TBs in one place? What if someone holds up the event and steals all the TB's.

How about a sweepstake or spread on how many TBs are still in the event cache when it gets archived ? I'd set the spread at 8-10.

I just archived my event from 10 days ago (AlsaCache 2005) and two TBs went MIA. Maybe they're in their finders' overnight bags. This seems to be a general hazard with events. :P

Are any of the GC.com folk going to be there?  Jeremy??

I will be acting as Jeremy's proxy this weekend, as he's going to be knee-deep in code for the next couple weeks. For those who've emailed the website before - I'm the "Nate" from the bottom of the replies. Hopefully I was nice and solved your problem. If not maybe they'll have a dunk-tank set up. :(

I have a nice surprised planned, and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

My hubby is going to come and I am so jealous! I so wish I could go...we even live in Jacksonville!

However, my nephew is graduating from High School....I can not even believe it. I feel so old...so I am going up there to Minnesota to see him.

I hope you all have a great time. I know my hubby is hoping to learn lots from all you

"experienced" people.

How about a sweepstake or spread on how many TBs are still in the event cache when it gets archived ? I'd set the spread at 8-10.

I'm betting at least 35 go missing and/or still hanging out on the event page when it's all over.

Not going myself, but I'm sure there'll be a couple people there I'd like to meet someday.

I went to Geowoodstock 1 in Louisville and Geowoodstock 2 in Nashville. I will be in Jacksonville on Friday night at the Meet and Great. Looking forward to meeting everyone I missed at the last one. The Turtle clan will be taking the slow and steady route Via Honda CRV starting Thursday night.

Turtle3863 :blink:

Better Half Shell :lol:

VR Turtle :(

Jr Miss Turtle :(

I gotta share this 'cuz it's too freaky:

So I get woken up by a call around noon (I work nights and sleep during the day.) and this chick starts messin' with me about not knowing who it was. Heck, I was asleep, but I didn't want to say the wrong name, so I just flat out asked.

It turned out to be my Niece, Tonya. The last time I spoke with her she was living in Richmond, Tx., (Maybe 4 months ago) after moving back to the U.S. from Spain.

She started off asking me about tropical fish because I used to be into the hobby and I told her to forget about the fish and try geocaching instead.

So she gets online while we're talking and inputs her zip and then starts naming caches, in Florida, that I had just looked up for my trip. I told her that she had input her zip wrong because she was naming caches that I plan to do on vacation this week.

FREAK OUT! She just moved into off-base housing across the road from Hannah Park where GW3 is being held. I'm staying with her this weekend! WOOT! :(

She went out and tried to find a couple caches (micros) with a GPS enabled phone (DNF'd) and is trying for some more regular caches today. She totally digs it. Her handle is jazzymamas.

SMALL FREAKIN' WORLD HUH? :blink:

. . .So I get woken up by a call around noon (I work nights and sleep during the day.) and this chick starts messin' with me about not knowing who it was.  Heck, I was asleep, but I didn't want to say the wrong name, so I just flat out asked . . .

:);)

happy-rotfl4.gif