I'd Rather Meet Up With Bears Then This!

Tiffany's Slaves

When I went there for cache ninja's oms-b cache quite a while back, I had to walk past two homeless guys who were living on the hillside. It was an uncomfortable experience but fortunately, they didn't bother me. It is a dangerous place though. If someone is threatening you, there aren't many ways to leave the area.

Edited by stayfloopy

Holy crap I was right in this area today. Not looking for a cache but a place to hide a leg of a multi. Got a nice pic of the GWB from where I was planning to place it. Felt pretty safe in this area... either that or I'm naive as hell. Everything I know about this area I learned from KRS-1.

c0478610-2cdf-4fca-9904-b5b98cdea3d1.jpg

Ah, yes. Caching in the city can be so interesting and so much fun. Andy Bear and I have done 52 of them so far. But, I'm a Joisey boy from the burbs. I think I prefer the bears. (Okay, so I almost had a heart attack once, when I almost stepped on a bear on Terrace Pond North Trail.) The homeless don't bother me; we have our Bridge People. There have been a few places in the city where we've felt very uncomfortable. As to Dry Bridge, we are contemplating our visit there. Gotta get these caches off Andy Bear's Ten-Mile List!

4be714d4-e408-4624-bc0b-a169f994fdb0.jpg

JMBella posted a photo yesterday. I took this one in October 04. The area is the West Side Bike Way and is an absolutely wonderful way to spend a day, it is very safe and inviting. JM I hope you make it a Bike Path Multi , like the SCRAT' S Stash in Saddle River County Park. A very pleasant way to make this ride is to take NY Waterways Ferry from Weehawken , the Bikeway is just outside NY Terminal. Ride North to GWB, then turn go all the way to Battery Park, pass Ground Zero, the Intrepid, Chelsea Piers.

then ride back to Ferry. That would be an event that even I would attend.

Holy crap I was right in this area today. Not looking for a cache but a place to hide a leg of a multi. Got a nice pic of the GWB from where I was planning to place it. Felt pretty safe in this area... either that or I'm naive as hell. Everything I know about this area I learned from KRS-1.

c0478610-2cdf-4fca-9904-b5b98cdea3d1.jpg

Highbridge Park is across town on the east side.

As Dan pointed out, it's on the other side of the island! :P I have been to the park posted and it doesn't have areas that are sectioned off as no go zones. :P Unless of course you mean the retaining walls that collapse every so often! :P Ken got some good photos of that.

Oh wait, that didn't work out too well last time I needed it at Adventurer's Cache.  :huh: .

Well Kevin. Even though you told me this story today, I had to read your written version. Glad I wasn't there. By the way, where do yo get bear mace?

I get mine at a hunting and fishing store on Rt 206 in Andover. It's pricey stuff (~$39) which was yet another rub with that story. Anyway, if your interested, I can pick up one and bring it to Nutley for you.