Avroair's Personal Signature Geocoin

avroair

August 2004 I designed a signature geocoin. They came out really nicely and just barely justified the $5.00 each price tag! ($500 total).

They are really popular and I have traded them with other cachers, or given them to event hosts, so now I have 20 left. I have recieved countless e-mails requesting a coin, but had to decline due to low inventory and limited funds.

I have decided to mint another 100 and make them available to geocacher who wants one at cost ($5.00), that way people who don't have a coin to trade can get one if they want. I will cover the shipping cost (up to 2).

There is no profit-motive here, I will gladly make available an invoice etc. I am just looking to share them but not give five bucks away everytime.

If you are interested in trading or buying one please e-mail me.

My Geocoin post from February

Edited by avroair

I'm one of the lucky. Got mine the old fashioned way - in a cache :lol: Those ARE awesome coins; well worth the 5 bucks. The only cache item I value more is my Spitwinkle keychain!

I tried doing zipper pulls this spring, but they are time consuming to make... I was thinking of changing to old caching socks... I have those aplenty, and they have 1000 uses around the house...

~Airsafety

I have a feeling mine will take a bit longer since its coming to Canada!

Yes. It has to clear customs and I had to call it a 'medallion' since coins are not allowed to be sent to Canada. (the postal worker looked it up in a huge blue book!).

Hope it arrives soon. :laughing:

I have a feeling mine will take a bit longer since its coming to Canada!

Yes. It has to clear customs and I had to call it a 'medallion' since coins are not allowed to be sent to Canada. (the postal worker looked it up in a huge blue book!).

Hope it arrives soon. :laughing:

Ohhh I sent a coin to a cacher in the US and labeled it geocoin on the customes form.. It has not arrived yet so I wonder if this is the holdup. Good to know.

Actually, I would not list "coin" on a customs form. We call them coins, but since they are not legal tender, we need to be carful about callin them coins when sending them internationally.

Exactly why I wont do it again, lol.

Got mine in today's mail (the 24th) here in Minnesota.

Really cool coin, I like the unique size! (PS, it's funny to see it sitting next to a vacman coin, seeing as that one is on the other end of the geocoin sizing scale, nice to have variety)