Approval Of Cache

As amazing as it might seem, geocache approval MAY not be the approver's only job. I know, that sounds unbelievable, but it's true!

OK, lame humor attampt aside.

I placed a cache earlier this week. Put it out in mid-afternoon and listed it on geocaching.com about 4 p.m. It was approved and posted by midnight, and had three finds by 10 a.m. the next day.

That's not unusual here in Utah. VERY rapid service from our admin - but this is a very cache-intensive state with a gazillion cachers active.

On the lines of getting a cache approved I have a question:

If your cache submittion gets archived for some reason, mine was deemed dangerous which I agreed with and decided to move the orgiional location to a better location.

The question being: once a cache is archived is it dead? or can you resubmit the same version with changes? I ended up submitting it again as a new cache request.

-Geoff

On the lines of getting a cache approved I have a question:

If your cache submittion gets archived for some reason, mine was deemed dangerous which I agreed with and decided to move the orgiional location to a better location.

The question being: once a cache is archived is it dead? or can you resubmit the same version with changes? I ended up submitting it again as a new cache request.

-Geoff

Resubmitting a new page works fine. You can also email the reviewer telling them that you moved it and ask them to unarchive the page for you.