South Carolina Senate Activity

I just think a team's huddle is supposed to be private.

I can personally guarantee these forums are being monitored. Printouts were were shown to me as evidence of admitting to wrong doing.

Statements made in a forum are not evidence. People use hyperbole, say things facetiously and just plain make things up in these Internet forums.

Someone taking statements made here and trying to present them as evidence could wind up looking quite foolish.

Someone taking statements made here and trying to present them as evidence could wind up looking quite foolish.

Actually, the person who I was talking to is very savvy. He knows when to pull them out.

CR's right. The person he refers to uses carefully selected and edited information to mislead influential people at times and places where there is no opportunity for rebuttal. It sure ain't the way I was taught this sort of thing works in my high school civics class!

Jon

Since this thread is being closely monitored by SC legislative interests, perhaps its time to close it down for the time being. Our efforts can be more effective if not done under the glare of public light. Many many leaders (and workers) have risen to the task. They could carry on there efforts in private leading up to the Senate action on the bill next session. Then, at the appropriate time, when wider notification and action are necessary, discussion in the forum can be initiated by those leaders.

GeoForse

Someone taking statements made here and trying to present them as evidence could wind up looking quite foolish if they were wearing a chicken suit.

Actually, the person who I was talking to is very savvy. He knows when to pull them out He only does it in private so no one sees what he is doing.

CR's right. The person he refers to uses carefully selected and edited information to mislead influential people at times and places where there is no opportunity for rebuttal. It sure ain't the way I was taught this sort of thing works in my high school civics class! Boy that Miss Evans was a hottie. Civics was my favorite class.

Jon

I have no doubt that CR is right, and that statements made in this forum are being used to further the restrictions on geocaching in SC. I will now digress for a moment to show how easily the edit function of these forums can be misused, and abused, but will italicize my edits for emphasis. Perhaps that edit function should be pointed out to those who are shown the 'damning evidence' in the forum posting? See how easily I misquoted everyone?

These forums are a wonderful communication tool, but they do have their limitations.

Since this thread is being closely monitored by SC legislative interests, perhaps its time to close it down for the time being.

While this particular thread may have run its course, I don't think closing it down will make a hill of beans difference. There is an entire forum here to be taken out of context.

So correct me if I'm wrong. I have read most of the posts and most seem to be concerned with why this is a bad bill. In this forum you are preaching to the choir. So we accomplish nothing by ranting and raving.

I'm in agreement with these words, and this topic has run it's useful course. After the House and Senate finish their terms this week, I'll likely shut down this thread. I encourage the discussion to continue in other threads, where new readers won't have to wade through 11+ pages of previous comments.

As always, thanks to everyone (you know who you are) for your support and your opinions.

Since this thread is being closely monitored by SC legislative interests, perhaps its time to close it down for the time being.

While this particular thread may have run its course, I don't think closing it down will make a hill of beans difference. There is an entire forum here to be taken out of context.

While that may be true, at least there won't be the direct connection with the SC legislation effort, which has spawned direct vitriolic rheteric which obviously has direct propaganda value to the opposition.

GeoForse

The people who use my name in any anti-geocaching campaign, better watch out, I believe the first admentment applys to us speaking freely, any taking this out of context is a pure violation of my freedom of free speech. I will submitt my home address and name so: you won't get it wrong, please write me if you have any problems, and I AM A SOUTH CAROLINA GEO-CACHER, AND A VETERAN, A EX-COP AND A FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND DARN PROUD OF BEING A AMERICAN CITIZEN, NOW USE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT.

ERIC BELLAND

EMAIL : 99MADCAT@EARTHLINK.NET

PO. BOX 1854

RIDGELAND, SC 29936

These threads have been very useful. They give a place to point at for people just learning of the issue. They also provide thoughts for people looking for what to say to their representative.

Short of taking geocaching fully MO to even see caches and logs there is no way to have this be anything other than a public and open activity.

The people who use my name in any anti-geocaching campaign, better watch out, I believe the first admentment applys to us speaking freely, any taking this out of context is a pure violation of my freedom of free speech. I will submitt my home address and name so: you won't get it wrong, please write me if you have any problems, and I AM A SOUTH CAROLINA GEO-CACHER, AND A VETERAN, A EX-COP AND A FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND DARN PROUD OF BEING A AMERICAN CITIZEN, NOW USE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT.

ERIC BELLAND

EMAIL : 99MADCAT@EARTHLINK.NET

PO. BOX 1854

RIDGELAND, SC 29936

"The geocacher, Mad Cat, threated us in the forums"

I agree. I think this thread should be closed. At this point, SC cachers are mobilized. Additional support will come from people who don't read this forum.

Most of the posts in this topic (including mine) have been of low information value and can only serve our opposition.

I would favor closing this thread, not for secrecy reasons, but to consolidate and update the pertinent information in a new topic.

If for nothing more than an increased awareness of this issue for the geocaching community, a new topic should be started immediately. It's called communication.

This forum is a natural place to post links to news articles and to help generate support.

As for Mr. Bates, who knows, maybe he'll learn something! ;):(