Montana Cache Help?

Chief Paulina

Once again, I am making a Montana sales/caching trip. This year, I am going through Billings, Lewistown, Havre, Great Falls, Columbia Falls, Libby and all places in between. I like hikes, photos, Lewis and Clark and historic.

Do you have any special places that I should not miss? Would appreciate any help.

Well how about that.

Red and I are heading that way as well. First part of July we will be heading into Northern Idaho and across to Libby - to Whitefish - Glacier - Great Falls - ????

Any ideas as to where to stop along the way?

I will be doing several PQ's as well to get an idea as to the real route we will take. Also wireless on the laptop to sort things out as we go.

Logscaler and Red.

I've got some boxes along Cut bank creek and one along the Marias river where it is formed by cut bank and the two medicine. If you fish, bring a fly rod and some brown carey specials...might hook into a 15-20 inch 'bow!

I can't remember the name of the cahe,b ut there is one that is high up in the hills on the south side of Flathead Lake. few miles up a narrow, windy log road, but great views if a clear day. I'll post the cache name later on when I get it's name.

Edited by evergreenhiker!

In Great Falls there is the Giant Springs cache, Dam Overlook, and Mensa maze (puzzle cache) that are all near the Lewis and Clark Intreptive Center. It seems the local favorites are Stairway to the River and Tourist Park. Those 2 get lots of comments. Also check out Lewis points da way. West Bank Park cache is where a bear attacked L&C. Have fun!

If you have time in the Flathead Lake region, you can rent a boat and check out "Mustang Cache" on Wildhorse Island. (Type in zip 59860) It's a multi-cache; we haven't done it yet, but hope to make it over in August.

In Great Falls (zip 59405) one of our favorites is "Rivers Edge Trail."

Kimberley @ Wildburg :o

I have numerous caches in Billings, and have found nearly all of them.

Heh. I really hope you've been able to find your own caches in Billings...

I think it'll help folks giving advice if those seeking it tell us what sorts of caches you most enjoy. By now Montana has a little bit of everything, so if there's certain types - puzzles, scenic walks, cunning camouflage, quick drive-by grabs, historical locales, whatever - let us know when you're looking for suggestions.

Incidentally, the Lone Pine cache is now archived...