Micro Alert?

I was wondering if there's any way of knowing without having to open every single page of a listing if a cache is a micro or regular or small size? I cache alot with my kids, and if there isn't any "treasure" there is no intrest in going for it.

If there currently isn't any quick way of knowing, is that something that is in the works?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, there is.

After you've typed in the zip code, and it brings up a list of caches for the area

Look at the Difficulty/Terrain column.

Underneath the numbers i.e. (1/1), or (1/2), etc. there are little icons. Each icon has a maroon, brownish box in it. If the little box is big, it's a big cache. If the box is tiny it's a micro most likely without prizes.

If someone else who is more adept at foruming posts a picture of the little icon it will be easier to identify...but that's how I figure it out...look at the icon in the (D/T) column.

You can pay a little and get a lot! You can use Pocket Queries and GSAK, for example. There are other ways but with GSAK you can "filter" caches many different ways - one way is by the cache type. I don't think many people are disappointed with this set-up.

Thanks for asking the question. I run into the same problem especially caching out of town with my son who dislikes micros. Months ago when searching Corpus, it seemed like 90% were micros, and I had to search each cache individually. I too had noticed the little "bar" when the site was updated but was unaware of the significance until I just scrolled over it after reading the previous notes. I passed it off as something to do with the D/T levels. I will pay more attention when the site is updated!