Explorist 600 Charging Questions

On the location page, lower right, it will tell you it is charging, when you use the provided cord/wall wart combo, with the cord attached running down the back of unit. The unit needs to be on to see this. You can then turn it off if you want and it will continue charging.

when it is done charging, it will display that it is fully charged.

For the first charge, give it a couple of hours and then check the meter after it is turned on.

Mine came with instructions - not that I can find them now - but I recall it was around 6 hours to fully charge. When you then turn it on it should show a fully charged battery on one of the screens

thats sounds about right 5-6 hours then your good for 15+ ,

you can also charge it with a computers usb port if its modern enought.

good luck

Has any one tried downloading waypoints to the 600 yet? I've tried Easy GPS and GSAK and have encountered 2 problems. With Easy GPS the explorist series is not an option. With GSAK USB port is not available for Magellan. Any suggestions? PALadi

Has any one tried downloading waypoints to the 600 yet? I've tried Easy GPS and GSAK and have encountered 2 problems. With Easy GPS the explorist series is not an option. With GSAK USB port is not available for Magellan. Any suggestions? PALadi

Full support for the eXplorists should be in the next version of GSAK/GPSBabel.

However, you can still get waypoints to your Explorist now using GSAK. Just use the Magellan Protocol (SD card) export. (see this post)

Has any one tried downloading waypoints to the 600 yet?  I've tried Easy GPS and GSAK and have encountered 2 problems.  With Easy GPS the explorist series is not an option.  With GSAK USB port is not available for Magellan.  Any suggestions?  PALadi

Full support for the eXplorists should be in the next version of GSAK/GPSBabel.

However, you can still get waypoints to your Explorist now using GSAK. Just use the Magellan Protocol (SD card) export. (see this post)

Quit teasing Clyde...give me an exact date :laughing::unsure:

Keep up the good work!