Server Is Too Busy!

Dr. Boggis

It is very strange. We're still trying to figure out why it happened. It wasn't as if the machine was being overworked at that time.

I did make some updates to the site yesterday but it wasn't significant enough to cause this.

I had been unable to get the the gc site for more than an hour, but I could see that other people were able to, because I was getting occasional watchlist email. I just tried again, and this time I accidentally used IE instead of firefox -- and I was able to get there. I tried again with firefox -- still stuck.

One of our servers we use to store cache listings in memory is having some personal issues. We're going to do a reboot this evening and do some diagnostics on it. Also I need to do some more checking but we seem to have some malicious bots hitting our web site harder than usual.

Hmm.. Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

It isn't that you didn't have a problem but I'll need to get confirmation if others did too. As far as I can tell the new configuration is working pretty well. Every couple of hours the system will restart which causes a slow delay for a minute, but otherwise it should go ok.

Hmm.. Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

It isn't that you didn't have a problem but I'll need to get confirmation if others did too. As far as I can tell the new configuration is working pretty well. Every couple of hours the system will restart which causes a slow delay for a minute, but otherwise it should go ok.

It took about 5 minutes to upload each of my images and the server kept timing out when I would try to log a cache.