Establishments For An Event

avroair

Rutts Hut!!! A great place for an event.

The best hot dog on God's green planet and you can't beat that never left the 50's ambiance. 3 rippers with that relish (I ordnarily don't eat relish, but this stuff is gooood), fries and a beer. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. There was a time when I ate there almost every day. Yeah, it knocked about 15 years from my life expectancy, but its worth it.

I haven't been there in a few months. Its time for another fix.

Edited by briansnat

The Hot Grill has the best Texas weiners around (The Falls View Grill is a very, very distant second). Its more of a fast food kind of place though and not really suitable for an event.

Hot Dog Johnnys has excellent dogs (oddly enough traditionally served with fresh buttermilk), but there is very limited seating. Its more of a road stand and you eat in or next to your car. A cache hunting caravan ending at Hot Dog Johnnys on a summer evening might make for a good event.

Jimmy Buff's Italian hot dogs are great. Fried in that grease, with potatos and peppers. Mmmmmmm. Myocardial infarction on a plate.

Like the Hot Grill, its more of a fast food place, so I really can't see an event tie in.

Johnny & Hanges. Eh. Not bad but not close to Hot Grill or even Falls View Grill. Another fast food type atmosphere.

Dickie Dee's. I'm a Jimmy Buffs fan. We don't eat at Dickie Dees. Its kind of like a Garmin vs. Magellan thing.

Galloping Hill has the most overrated hot dog in NJ. For years I heard my central Jersey friends raving about the place. I was very disappointed when I finally did try it. Not bad dogs by any measure, but they couldn't shine Hot Dog Johnnies deep fryer - never mind Rutt's Hut.

Callihan's. Excellent dogs. If God didn't make Rutts Hut and Hot Dog Johnnies, Callihans would be the best.

Anthony Wayne is no more. :anibad: Though I never had the pleasure of eating there, I drove past it regularly and it had been there since I was a child at least. I always wanted to stop in and give it a try, but I passed by last week and the sign was gone and the bulding was dark.

Edited by briansnat

The best hot dog on God's green planet and you can't beat that never left the 50's ambiance. 3 rippers with that relish (I ordnarily don't eat relish, but this stuff is gooood), fries and a beer. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. There was a time when I ate there almost every day. Yeah, it knocked about 15 years from my life expectancy, but its worth it.

Rutt's Hut - - - Robert pointed out the place to me... I had never heard of it!

Hot Dog Johnnys - sort of a gateway to the Del Water Gap. Their Birch Beer is also GREAT and it is not the same as Root Beer for you non-Garden Staters.

Yes, The Anthony Wayne appears to be closed - a sign anouncing a car dealership is posted. Many of the folks coming to the meeting tonite will go right past the corpse of the former Anthony Wayne. :anibad:

Callahan's - All over the place, but the one in Fort Lee is nice and large

Galloping Hill - Good dogs (and other food) indoor seating, but not conducive to a meeting. Outdoor seating at round "paito type" tables. 4 or 5 can sit and talk.

Hirams - Right across from Callahans in Fort Lee. Again - good dogs. Table seating. A small group could meet there.

Hot Dog Johnny's - Great place. Ourdoorsy seating, so a group could meet there

Rutt's Hut - RIPPERS - And they call it relish, but its not. It is it's own food group. Ample tables for meeting. I used to have my office in Clifton for a while. I think thats when I got this gut

White Manna - Meeting - Ha hahahahahahaha. Your lucky if you can fit yourself into this place, let along a group. Having said that, I drool every time I pass this place (and I only live about 2 miles away)

White Rose System - In addition to the one listed on this site, there is also one in Linden (I had an office in Linden for a while also). I don't know if they are related, but the Cali burgers in each taste the same - dang tasty. Not really a meeting place for more than 4 or 5 people (diner like seating)

Thats about all for me - and my stomach :anibad:

-dave

Edited by Phonedave

The best hot dog on God's green planet and you can't beat that never left the 50's ambiance.    3 rippers with that relish (I ordnarily don't eat relish, but this stuff is gooood), fries and a beer.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  There was a time when I ate there almost every day. Yeah, it knocked about 15 years from my life expectancy, but its worth it.

You live in Nutley and never heard of Rutts Hut? :rolleyes::ph34r::rolleyes:

White Manna - Meeting - Ha hahahahahahaha. Your lucky if you can fit yourself into this place, let along a group. Having said that, I drool every time I pass this place (and I only live about 2 miles away)

Kind of like an upscale White Castle. Once you go in there, your clothes smell like White Manna for the rest of the day. I'm been there a couple times and always walked away happy. As for a place to have an event, unless you are the 6 or 8 people that could fit (squeeze) up to the counter, you'll be standing outside in the parking lot.

White Manna - Meeting - Ha hahahahahahaha.  Your lucky if you can fit yourself into this place, let along a group.  Having said that, I drool every time I pass this place (and I only live about 2 miles away)

Kind of like an upscale White Castle. Once you go in there, your clothes smell like White Manna for the rest of the day. I'm been there a couple times and always walked away happy. As for a place to have an event, unless you are the 6 or 8 people that could fit (squeeze) up to the counter, you'll be standing outside in the parking lot.

Been there done that.

BTW, this is the greatest place on the planet. Thus this it the best virtual ever. EVER! :unsure:

White Manna - Meeting - Ha hahahahahahaha.  Your lucky if you can fit yourself into this place, let along a group.  Having said that, I drool every time I pass this place (and I only live about 2 miles away)

Been there done that.

BTW, this is the greatest place on the planet. Thus this it the best virtual ever. EVER! :unsure:

If was geocaching back then when this virtual was active, it would have been in the bag.

I can't count the number of times I have eaten there. Or the number of take out orders I have brought home (they freeze pretty well too - not quite the same, but still dadgum good)

-dave

The best hot dog on God's green planet and you can't beat that never left the 50's ambiance.    3 rippers with that relish (I ordnarily don't eat relish, but this stuff is gooood), fries and a beer.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  There was a time when I ate there almost every day. Yeah, it knocked about 15 years from my life expectancy, but its worth it.

You live in Nutley and never heard of Rutts Hut? :unsure::blink::ph34r:

my thoughts exactly...

though the only reason i ever heard of it was due to a show on the FOOD network... "Unwrapped: Hot Dogs". It's on again on 5/17 at 7:30 on FOOD network.

the Unwrapped schedule

the specific show

You live in Nutley and never heard of Rutts Hut? :P:P;)

my thoughts exactly...

though the only reason i ever heard of it was due to a show on the FOOD network... "Unwrapped: Hot Dogs". It's on again on 5/17 at 7:30 on FOOD network.

the Unwrapped schedule

the specific show

Sorry Robert, I don't stay up to watch the the FOOD network!!! :P Are there any good shows on the Garden channel too? :D

. . . quickly becoming addicted to is "Heartland Brewery."  Dunno if they have one near where you're planning the event (or if it's cheap enough to consider), but their oatmeal stout is GREAT!  :huh:

There's one right there in midtown, too! 43rd st betwixt 6th and Broadway.

Times Square Brewery on 42nd is pretty good too.

I can vouch for The Heartland Brewery. I sampled about 6 different pints and each one seemed to be better than the last. Hmmmm.

As far as an establishment in Jersey, I've heard good things about Stiletto's though I have never been. ;)

I hear the "Bada Bing" is pretty good too! :D

My brother in law used to bounce there. :D