Marking Found On Etrex Legend?

I always just edit the waypoint and change the symbol to the "Geocache Found" symbol. I can then batch delete all caches with that symbol from the waypoint listing page. The easiest way I've found to get to the waypoint edit screen is to go back to the Nearest Waypoints listing - the one you've just found will usually be the closest. :D

There really should be an easier way to edit the waypoint you're currently navigating to other than going back through the whole Find process.

Yeah, depends on what I'm doing - if it's the only cache of the day, on the way home from work or something, then I'll just delete it. Otherwise I change the icon so I have another record of the day's travels - it's useful to be able to see them on a map to refresh my memory of the order I should log them sometimes.

It's not really a direct answer to your question, but I use Pocket Queries feeding into GSAK. When I reload waypoints, they're changed to the "found" symbol. I could also change my PQs to remove found caches, but I prefer to leave them in as reference points to new caches.

Of course, this presumes premium membership for the PQs ($30/year) and the use of GSAK ($20 one time). But this is, IMHO, money well spent to make my life easier. I also use Cachemate ($8 one time) to load the cache information to my Palm. Whether I'm hitting my normal stomping grounds or heading someplace new for a few days, I'm ready to go with very little time spent in preparation.

I also have an eTrex Legend.

When you're searching for a geocache, press the "quit key" (button on the top of the right side of the unit -- the one marked with an X). It will cycle you through the pages: main menu, map, compass page. On the compass page, at the bottom, select "found". It will change the closed geocaching box to an open one.