Geocaching Gone To Your Head?

Do you know of anyone who is totally addicted to geocaching where all they do is think talk and act it out.

I know of people from near where I live and it seems that geocaching rules theri life.

It seems like a sickness.\

Id be interested in hearing YOUR stories.

just a quick test to see if you are addicted.....look in a mirror, the person you see is addicted to geocaching! :D

a slightly more serious test.....if you can't go for a drive without spotting several places that would be great spots for a cache. sorry you're addicted.

hi my names nobby and i've a problem (well several really)

I believe I have admitted on national TV that I am addicted to geocaching. However I do believe that many other geocachers that I know are just as addicted or possibly even more than I am. Goecaching is a hobby that we enjoy. It is no different than someone who is a coin collector, a golfer, a hockey player or any other hobby that others enjoy. Geocaching is not a bad thing to be addicted to. I think I would rather say that I enjoy geocaching immensely for a variety of reasons, than to put a label of addiction on me.

I'm really adicted to solitude--caching alone just makes that possible. My therapist says I can get my GPS back next week if I promise not to use it to cache . . . He doesn't know that I have two others hidden around the house. My wife just took my truck keys. . .I have extra sets of those, too. I've also gotten pretty good at syphoning the neighbor's gas late at night so I can go find that new silly urban micro at 2:00 AM.

But I'm really not adicted. . . . . .

If geocaching is a sickness, then I am happy to be ill all the time. :D

I don't know about geocaching going to your head, but I've noticed your hand stuck to your head for quite a while now. I heard nail polish remover might work to dissolve the glue, be careful and don't get any in your eyes!

If geocaching is a sickness, then I am happy to be ill all the time.  :anibad:

I don't know about geocaching going to your head, but I've noticed your hand stuck to your head for quite a while now. I heard nail polish remover might work to dissolve the glue, be careful and don't get any in your eyes!

All fixed. :D

Does setting your alarm at 6AM to get a FTF count as a sickness? If so, someone call the doctor! :anibad:

Around here you end up losing out. I come home from work sometimes late at night, and there's my wife, at the door, GPS and cache page in hand... and out I go. That's what hooked me to this competition... errr..... hobby.

Does setting your alarm at 6AM to get a FTF count as a sickness? If so, someone call the doctor! :anibad:

How about going out at 12:54 a.m. There is a cacher here who has is nearing/has equaled 100 FTFs!!

He found my last two new caches walking out in the backcountry on a moonless night! :D

I've only found 17 caches at this point (in a year. . . ouch), but I would say I'm addicted. I freakin' talk aboutit all the time, and cruise the site and forums everyday. I think my level of obsession has something to do with living in Wyoming, where we still get snow deep into summer, and knowing that there are hundreds of caches nearby that I can't touch until the snow goes away. The frystration builds and all i can think about is getting out there and finding them!

Geez. It's like being a teenager again . . . :anibad:

I freakin' talk aboutit all the time, and cruise the site and forums everyday.  I think my level of obsession has something to do with living in Wyoming, where we still get snow deep into summer, and knowing that there are hundreds of caches nearby that I can't touch until the snow goes away. 

it's not unique to wyoming. i have the same symptoms over here in michigan. snow doesn't stop me though.

my poor, poor coworkers hear stories about caching all the time... ready to go caching, ohgrl?

Now that's just taunting us junkies!

Thou shall not post hyperlinks to caches during this meeting. The meeting of "Friends of Jeremy I."

:D

I know! How cruel can you get...here we are trying to get clean :anibad: and along comes another enabler...

And of course I clicked on it! :D

Yes we are both addicted. We plan entier vacations around geocaching. We have both missed obligations because "it is such a nice day and look hun there is a new cach just 25miles north that we could tottaly get!" :anibad: We both have nearly died on steap sea cliffs, but in all seriousness, this sport has help both of us stay in shape and get outside, not to mention we can keep doing this for the rest of our lives.

You know you are addicted to Geocaching when...

... you have the coordinates for you toilet in your GPSr.

... your child has to recite his address in kindergarten and gives the coordinates.

... your dog knows the scent of an ammo can.

... every time you go to Wally World, you buy fifty things that fit in your hand and cost less than $2.

... you watch Fear Factor to get ideas on how to make your caches more challenging.

... you buy Happy Meals with no intention of eating the food.

... you truly believe hunters should stay out of the woods during 'caching season.

... you wonder if Donald Trump is hiding something green and waterproof under that hair.

... you pass container trucks on the highway and envision ammo cans.

... you explode at the PTA meeting because they refuse to recognize geocaching as a vital school function.

... you carry your GPSr more than your cell phone.

... you address your mail 123 Jones Lane, My Town, New York 45º30'N, 76º30'W.

... you get poison ivy rashes more often than you catch a cold.