It Is High, It Is Far, It Is Orange

Squealy

I have wanted to do this cache for a long time and never did.

I shot BrianSnat an email because I know he is up there a lot and suggested it. He's been wanting to do it as well - any of you up for an overnight or weekend trip up to Green Mountain National Forest in VT?

It is about a 3 hour trip from NYC and one of the nicer places I've been to hike. I'm thinking sometime in August.

Any takers?

That has been one of my most favorite caches so far! Take lots of film with you to take photos of the views from the top of the fire tower too. Also, make sure that you look for evidence of the Glastenbury Monster while you are on the trail. We saw evidence, but not the monster itself :D

LisaS

I'm not sharing a tent with you Neil no matter how much you beg. I might be in Canada ddepending on the date.

Glad to hear it - 'cuz you sure ain't going south of the border in my tent! :(

As for the date - I'm gonna throw out the Aug. 19-21. Let's use that as a starting/negotiating point. :D

I'm not sharing a tent with you Neil no matter how much you beg.  I might be in Canada ddepending on the date.

Glad to hear it - 'cuz you sure ain't going south of the border in my tent! :anibad:

As for the date - I'm gonna throw out the Aug. 19-21. Let's use that as a starting/negotiating point. :D

I'll be in California at a wedding. But don't hold up cause of me.

Hey Neil,

How about holding an event/guided tour of that cave you mentioned sometime last year.

I finally met Walden Run at the RI CITO event and I told him I've been meaning to do this cache since way back when. I already did It is Near, It is Low, It is Orange. I might as well go to the other extreme. Keep us posted, and I could be in too. I got a weekend stay in a cabin in Manchester as a gift, so that could be a good time to use it.

Are you driving down there Z?

As for the cave - well, I no longer have communication with that person. Perhaps someone else would like to try to organize it.

I have already done Between A Rock and A Hard Place. I think that would be a bit of a hike from Glastenbury Mtn. It is definitely a cool cache - above the falls there is another really cool spot to check out.